What's new

How Indonesia’s pribumi elite view the ethnic Chinese today

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in annexing us into their territory. We have no natural resources. We only have human resources and sound legal system. Annex us and those things will disappear, and Singapore will be nothing special for them.
It won't be Singapore only, Malaysia both Sabah and Sarawak too. Indonesian would like their money back too. Most of them stash in Singapore.

Yeah... wait your turn Malaysian...woahahahahaha....
ehemm... is that scary enough :azn:

Last edited:
Learn Democracy, please! When everyone think what is priorities, it is priorities!

democracy is the least we want for now
let me help you
there is more than enough on our plate
our top priorities are our own territorial sovereignty and the advancement of our own country and our people
as I said the problems in Indonesia are their own issues it is completely unwise for us to meddle into their own affairs until Chinese Indonesians call on us for help Only then on humanitarian grounds, we should render it without hesitation

It won't be Singapore only, Malaysia both Sabah and Sarawak too. Indonesian would like their money back too. Most of them stash in Singapore.

It's quite a different world today. Most politicians are more concerned about winning votes. Expanding territory by declaring a war is just stupid and will make them lose votes and power.

There's no concrete evidence that most of their money are stashed here. Their politicians just use that as a convenient excuse to explain why their poor, and Singapore being majority Chinese, is just the obvious target. Our tax rates isn't exactly that low.

Even that were to be true, the money will also be gone if Singapore goes down. The government can't use the money anyway; it belongs to their citizens. The only benefit would be capital inflow to support the currency in times of crisis.

democracy is the least we want for now
let me help you
there is more than enough on our plate
our top priorities are our own territorial sovereignty and the advancement of our own country and our people
as I said the problems in Indonesia are their own issues it is completely unwise for us to meddle into their own affairs until Chinese Indonesians call on us for help Only then on humanitarian grounds, we should render it without hesitation

Let's stop here, I don't want to argue with you. You hold your view, I will promote my views. Let's see who will be priorities, okay?

It's quite a different world today. Most politicians are more concerned about winning votes. Expanding territory by declaring a war is just stupid and will make them lose votes and power.

There's no concrete evidence that most of their money are stashed here. Their politicians just use that as a convenient excuse to explain why their poor, and Singapore being majority Chinese, is just the obvious target. Our tax rates isn't exactly that low.

Even that were to be true, the money will also be gone if Singapore goes down. The government can't use the money anyway; it belongs to their citizens. The only benefit would be capital inflow to support the currency in times of crisis.
Democracies even exist? You should enter politics and make your way up. It is not simple as you think. Of course no war can be declared outright, but Singapore economy can be sacrifice for the pan-Malay state dream. Banks don't allow bank run, that is their business. If Malaysia cannot exist, so are you guys.

Thank goodness a mod spoke up and ended the conspiracy theories in the other (locked) thread. Now its clear to see who are The Real Gullible Fraudster Troll Gang who had recently been spreading lies!

He’s got a point in labelling you guys as trolls and fraudsters. I can understand that by reading the lies and conspiracy theories in that other Indonesia-Chinese locked thread. A gang of Chinese members there got exposed for spreading blatant lies. I’m not accusing you or Place of Space as members of that gang, but now I really don’t know who are the geniune Chinese members and who are the chinese fraudster troll gang anymore. :/

I think someone need to spread this info, especially to many genuine Chinese members that they're already infiltrated by some fraudster gangs that trying to stir conflict and make China as THE enemy of the world! :D

Last edited:
No point in annexing us into their territory. We have no natural resources. We only have human resources and sound legal system. Annex us and those things will disappear, and Singapore will be nothing special for them.

But Indonesian can establish their proud, you know. Indoensia is a proud nation, they have boasted it many times though I am not clear where their proud came from after reading all its history and present.

Indeed, Indonesia is a proud nation. We are the biggest SEA empire. You step on our foot, we kick your head!

There is a saying that it takes 2 hands to clap

Unfortunately many pribumi still view Indonesian Chinese as "Outsiders" That is also the reason they cannot accept chinese domnate economy. It is quite oftern pribumi told indonesian chinese to get rid out of Indonesia and go back to mainland, if they get upset with indo chinese.

That is one reason why assimilation is very difficult in Indonesia

the one who trying to get themselves sooooo exclusive is some Chinese itself

Still the non exclusive ones will get difficulty to get assimilation also, as many pribumi always see them as outsiders or treat them differently except they embrace Islam.

Unfortunately many pribumi still view Indonesian Chinese as "Outsiders" That is also the reason they cannot accept chinese domnate economy. It is quite oftern pribumi told indonesian chinese to get rid out of Indonesia and go back to mainland, if they get upset with indo chinese.

It is indeed difficult because in Indonesia it is like a small % percentage of Chinese Indonesians are owning a large % of your economy but in politics, native Indonesians are in absolute power
A Singaporean that I talked to above said the ethnic tension is improving since your new government was sworn in Office. I wish that's true to avoid intensifying the conflicts. A stable Indonesia is good for Asia.
The problems wont be solved in one day as we know. Both sides have to give up a part of what they own. The Chinese Indonesians have to get more involved with building up of the country through philanthropies, community services, and providing more job opportunities and upward mobities to the native Indonesians while the government has to forgo their dominant power like allowing more parliamentary seats (by system design) and key government offices to the Chinese Indonesians.

Unfortunately many pribumi still view Indonesian Chinese as "Outsiders" That is also the reason they cannot accept chinese domnate ecoy. It is quite oftern pribumi told indonesian chinese to get rid out of Indonesia and go back to mainland, if they get upset with indo chinese.

Still the non exclusive ones will get difficulty to get assimilation also, as many pribumi always see them as outsiders or treat them differently except they embrace Islam.

I think you've got that wrong, the one that make a seperate line between pribumi and chinese ethnic indonesian mostly by the chinese ethnic indonesian, some of them feel exclusive, but that it self improving, in the past year i've seen more chinese ethnic indonesian view them self as proud indonesian rather than chinese ethnic international that good in indonesia for making money only.

I think you've got that wrong, the one that make a seperate line between pribumi and chinese ethnic indonesian mostly by the chinese ethnic indonesian, some of them feel exclusive, but that it self improving, in the past year i've seen more chinese ethnic indonesian view them self as proud indonesian rather than chinese ethnic international that good in indonesia for making money only.

You see, the problem relationship between ethnic not only in Indonesia also in the world is we misunderstood each other, some happen even from generation to generation, this is devil's circle that need to ended. From my experience there's some natives 'think' we exclusives mostly on Java, if you looking to other places like Kalimantan or Sumatra, it totally different view, me myself grow up in Java, but I born in Sumatra. Some are farmer, kopitiam (kedai kopi) owner, pedicab driver some are poor people, in my native city Tamil, Melayu also speak Hokkian dialect with their Chinese counterpart.

This misunderstanding sometimes we keep it for ourselves, now that's totally wrong. We must discuss it openly in proper way and manner more often. As Chinese, I cannot make living without natives, they're my customer, my worker, buy my food from them, my brother even work in firm own by Indonesian natives. We need each other, something wrong with this country we are all in mess.

I think someone need to spread this info, especially to many genuine Chinese members that they're already infiltrated by some fraudster gangs that trying to stir conflict and make China as THE enemy of the world! :D

Agreed. There were a small portion of good Chinese posters, but unfortunately I don’t see them active here anymore. Now its getting harder to know who are the good from the bad because a chinese fraudster troll gang have infiltrated this forum trying to spread their hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom