What's new

Indonesian president vows to outgun Australia

r503284_2673529.jpg

Female_Australian_soldiers_Afghanistan.jpg

Agree with you.. I don't know why Australia things cost so expensive. The house is great but necessity cost especially in Sydney is killing me.

It's because the Australian dollar is worth too much and inflation is rising.

I don't see any reason for Indonesia to outgun Australia N.B. he did also mention Singapore and Malaysia as well. Back to the topic, they both (Australia and Indonesia) can benefit from each other immensely. Aside from some low points(Timor) they do seem to get on quite well.

Also remember folks he was meeting with military commanders. This sort of talk is to be expected.

@jhungary - You do not know what you are talking about, maybe a little on some aspects of the immigration situation though as I do not know about some of the minute technicalities on that subject.

Anyway, I will finish by saying that Australia is and will give the Asians what they want so no need to think about any invasions in the future.

Care to explain why this is so?

Are you seriously saying that the US could not invade Australia?

Apart from Russia and China, the US can invade any country in the world now - including India.

Oh, I know nothing.......

Let see who I am and who you are?

I am an Australian, living in Sydney Australia, who served in the Armed Force, and been to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. And I know nothing about Defence of Australia, the Citizenship of Australia, the Migration Policy of Australia and the Life in Australia.

You on the other hand is a Bangladeshi keyboard warrior, I don't know if you have any military experience (Seems and most likely zero) and Say you live in England.

And people are suppose to believe you have more knowledge of Australian Defence, Migration Policy in Australia, Resident Life In Australia more than me??

Oh well. Let people here be the judge lol :)

I am not going to say another word to you if all you can say is "I think" I recognized that you are not an authority figure in Military Matters, especially Australian Matters. What you can do is Troll :lol:, this is about the only thing you good at, and you are not even that good trolling in English too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Indonesian military is eventually going to surpass everyone in the region both in numbers and one day in technology and training as their economy grows. Australia has a defense pact with the US and as long as it is a subservient state,willing and ready to become a launch pad for American power projection, it won't have to worry about fighting any war that may never come.

1551209_20130429072801.jpg

1551209_20130430074940.jpg

1551209_20130430100915.jpg

RPKAD.jpg

KOPASSUS2_AP.jpg

kostrad.jpg

For infantry weapon system, i think TNI had some capabilities

Oh, I know nothing.......

Let see who I am and who you are?

I am an Australian, living in Sydney Australia, who served in the Armed Force, and been to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. And I know nothing about Defence of Australia, the Citizenship of Australia, the Migration Policy of Australia and the Life in Australia.

You on the other hand is a Bangladeshi keyboard warrior, I don't know if you have any military experience (Seems and most likely zero) and Say you live in England.

And people are suppose to believe you have more knowledge of Australian Defence, Migration Policy in Australia, Resident Life In Australia more than me??

Oh well. Let people here be the judge lol :)

I am not going to say another word to you if all you can say is "I think" I recognized that you are not an authority figure in Military Matters, especially Australian Matters. What you can do is Troll :lol:, this is about the only thing you good at, and you are not even that good trolling in English too...

At least I don't go around saying that you would need 10 million troops to invade Australia.:cheesy:

It is beyond the scope of Indonesia to invade let alone face the Royal Australian Armed Forces. It is not to the strategic interest for Indonesia to be in any war at all.

Indonesia would have difficulty going against even the Royal Malaysian Armed Forces, let alone Australia. :coffee:

American and Australian Soldiers in Joint Tactical Training Exercises

0404-Marines-Australia.jpg_full_600.jpg

20110712adf8270845_190.jpg

130117-F-MQ656-177-l.jpg

450x298_q75.jpg

United States and Australian Naval Interoperability

050614-N-0120R-129.jpg

images

800px-120613-N-TX154-016.JPG

US_Navy_050610-N-0421S-129_Royal_Australian_Navy_ships_and_the_amphibious_command_ship_USS_Blue_Ridge_(LCC_19)_participate_in_a_maneuvering_exercise_during_Talisman_Sabre_2005.jpg

At least I don't go around saying that you would need 10 million troops to invade Australia.:cheesy:

lol dude, I never say you need 10 millions troop to invade Australia.

I said you need 10 millions troop and you still CANNOT OCCUPY Australia

You can invade Australia with 1 battalion or even 1 man if you like. That does not mean you can do anything with it

Where your eyes at?? :lol:

You are one dumb funny man

lol dude, I never say you need 10 millions troop to invade Australia.

I said you need 10 millions troop and you still CANNOT OCCUPY Australia

You can invade Australia with 1 battalion or even 1 man if you like. That does not mean you can do anything with it

Where your eyes at?? :lol:

You are one dumb funny man

My god, you actually are calling me dumb when you come up with illogical arguments and are clueless when it comes to simple arithmetic.

I see that you have a thank from another Indian of all people already:lol:

At the end of the day , Australia is a white country. You harm a white country and the entire white world will be at your ***. no point thinking who will win then.

Indonesians and Australians both are peaceful people in a peaceful region. Such thoughts shouldn't even occur.

Australians seem to be on the other hand worried about China. Wonder why/

My god, you actually are calling me dumb when you come up with illogical arguments and are clueless when it comes to simple arithmetic.

You should thank him too imo. He is helping you improve your comprehension skills :lol:

Don't drag your obsession (India) here please. Thanks

How clueless is it?? Does it coming from your infinite "Military Experience" Let's look back at history, shall we.

In Vietnam War,

US Troop 530,000
Free World Troop 65,000
Size of Australia : 7,400,000 sq. km
Size of Vietnam : 175,000 sq. km (35 times less than Australia)

In this case, you need 21 millions American troop to "Stabilise" an area of the size of Australia) and this figure is already gentle figure as I discounted all 800,000 ARVN troop

South Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

War in Iraq

Coalition Force : 176,000
Iraqi Force : 800,000
Size of Australia : 7,400,000 sq km
Size of Iraq : 438,317 sq. km (16.88 times times less than Australia)

In this case, you need 15 millions troop to occupy or stabilise the size of Australia
(Figure discounted all Para militia force - such as Kurdish Force or Contractor)

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

War in Afghanistan

ISAF member : 112,000
Afghan forces : 380,506
Size of Afghanistan : 652,230 sq. km (11.4 times smaller than Australia)

In this case we will need 6 millions troop to stabilise the size of Australia
Figure excluded Para-military Force, Security Contractor.

Korean war

UN troop : 326,863
SK Troop : 602,000
Size of Korea : 100,210 sq. km (73.8 times smaller than Australia)

In this case, you will need 66 millions soldier to occupy/stablise the size of Australia

South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republic of Korea

US Forces Korea : 28,500
South Korean Military : 639,000
Size of Korea : 100,210 sq. km (73.8 times smaller than Australia)

In this case, you will need 47.6 millions troop to stabilise the size of Australia

United States Forces Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Republic of Korea Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assumption.
1.)Chinese troop are 1:1 as good as US/Coalition Troop.
2.)Area of Australia include Australian Mainland only, not count protectorate and Tasmania Otherwise it will be 7.6 million sq. km, not 7.4
3.)All combat force ration are 1 : 1 (You don't have the different between draftee and volunteer troop.

you want more example? As time goes back, you only need MORE troop. not less. in most case, even some recent war, you still need 10 millions plus to fully stabilise a region as big as Australia. So who's stupid now??

lol some dumb guy want to talk war to a soldier and subsequently call that soldier dumb.

Outgun Australia, be top dog with more influence. Sounds very reasonable for a developing country with almost 250 million people.

Perhaps we'll see more mention of Indonesia in the 2017 defense white papers.

Invading Australia is a logistical nightmare, the Australian defense force wouldn't put up much of a fight once you manage to land a sizeable army in Australia. But to move troops across the landscape is a feat in itself.

Outgun Australia, be top dog with more influence. Sounds very reasonable for a developing country with almost 250 million people.

Perhaps we'll see more mention of Indonesia in the 2017 defense white papers.

Invading Australia is a logistical nightmare, the Australian defense force wouldn't put up much of a fight once you manage to land a sizeable army in Australia. But to move troops across the landscape is a feat in itself.

umm, no.........

"any staff college of the world will tell you, you only consider an land invasion of a peer enemy if you out gun your enemy 3 to 1"

Aryeh Nusbacher, senior lecturer, Royal Military College, Sandhurst, commenting on six days war

If you are facing an enemy on a secluded island, the advantage need to increase from 3 to 1 to 5 to 1

If your only have EITHER air or naval superiority, your troop number advantage need to increase from 5-to-1 to 7-to-1.

If your do not have BOTH air and naval superiority, your troop number advantage need to increase from 7-to-1 to 10-to-1

However, one always need to understand one thing, the bigger the invasion force you got, the harder you can transport them or mobilise them to where you want.

Australia have a very well defence network, and there are not many beachhead you can create in Australia. So unless Indonesia can mass at least 700,000 soldier invasion army, there are virtually no chance Indonesia can invade Australia..

After they landed, they would be defeated in detail by the Australian Force

Back
Top Bottom