What's new

Indonesian president vows to outgun Australia

Agree with you.. I don't know why Australia things cost so expensive. The house is great but necessity cost especially in Sydney is killing me.

Cost of labor is high. The same low-skilled job that pays $6/hr in the US pays $15-20/hr in Australia.

@jhungary

I do not think that Australia would have to fight a insurgency in order to repel an invasion.

Amphibious operations have been extremely difficult as proved by history. whether you take example of D-Day landing,Gallipoli campaign or even American revolution.Chinese would sailing for a campaign 1000's of mile away which would give ample warning to Australia to prepare it's defenses.They would have to make a forced landing on Australian shores and establish a beachhead.Their Air support would depend completely on Carrier borne aircrafts and they would have to sustain their army by sea.

The superiority that Chinese would require to even theoretically accomplish this is many magnitude higher than that enjoyed by USA over Australia.

This from a position when in 2013 they have 0 functional Aircraft carrier, no Strategic Bomber Arm and Abysmal Airlift capacity.

sorry for the late reply, I thought I had reply you already.......>.<"

There are no way Australia can fight a traditional war toward any enemy invading Australia.

What I said before that Australia is too big for any one who want to take a shot at us, it's true but, unfortunately, the reverse is also true.

The one thing to start with Australia is too big, while there are no many regular defender.

Now, if you want to fight them off using conventional method, one of the 2 problem you will encounter as you try to do it.

1.) If you try to defend all the entry point at once, you will stretch your defending line thin.
2.) If you focus on defend a significant part, you will end up being push into a compact pocket.

Where Australia is very big, it's not easy to deploy a "Mutually Supported" asset. Which mean again, either your asset is spreading out thinly with maybe 3 or 4 fighter aircraft to support each group of soldier. Or you will have trouble covering all the basis.

So by Forming a continue line of defence, the enemy only need to punch a hole in our line and they will be simply disappear and free to attack and damage the line anywhere they like.

Or if we form a defence pocket holding selective city, our troop will almost certainly got push to run out of supply and support and have to surrender.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, no.........

"any staff college of the world will tell you, you only consider an land invasion of a peer enemy if you out gun your enemy 3 to 1"

Aryeh Nusbacher, senior lecturer, Royal Military College, Sandhurst, commenting on six days war

If you are facing an enemy on a secluded island, the advantage need to increase from 3 to 1 to 5 to 1

If your only have EITHER air or naval superiority, your troop number advantage need to increase from 5-to-1 to 7-to-1.

If your do not have BOTH air and naval superiority, your troop number advantage need to increase from 7-to-1 to 10-to-1

However, one always need to understand one thing, the bigger the invasion force you got, the harder you can transport them or mobilise them to where you want.

Australia have a very well defence network, and there are not many beachhead you can create in Australia. So unless Indonesia can mass at least 700,000 soldier invasion army, there are virtually no chance Indonesia can invade Australia..

After they landed, they would be defeated in detail by the Australian Force
wtf does outgunning some body got to do woth invasion?
indonesia can aim to have a military they want, they have to fend for themselves afterall, unlike australia. Especially that the americans have set up a base in darwin.
Why would anyone want to invade australia, its pf no strategic value apart frpm bunch of rocks.

wtf does outgunning some body got to do woth invasion?
indonesia can aim to have a military they want, they have to fend for themselves afterall, unlike australia. Especially that the americans have set up a base in darwin.
Why would anyone want to invade australia, its pf no strategic value apart frpm bunch of rocks.

Dude, you are the one who say this at post #179

Outgun Australia, be top dog with more influence. Sounds very reasonable for a developing country with almost 250 million people.

Perhaps we'll see more mention of Indonesia in the 2017 defense white papers.

Invading Australia is a logistical nightmare, the Australian defense force wouldn't put up much of a fight once you manage to land a sizeable army in Australia. But to move troops across the landscape is a feat in itself.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...t-vows-outgun-australia-12.html#ixzz2Sh6dD1pI

I am just replying you according to your post, and especially the red part. You forgot you bring up invasion first?:what:

Early-onset Alzheimer's ??

Dude, you are the one who say this at post #179

I am just replying you according to your post, and especially the red part. You forgot you bring up invasion first?:what:

Early-onset Alzheimer's ??
Let me ask you again, what does outgunning have to do to with invasion of australian? I certainly didnt make that connection.
Nowhere in my post did i remotely touch on how much fire power, airforce or navy etc...
Warmonger much?

Let me ask you again, what does outgunning have to do to with invasion of australian? I certainly didnt make that connection.
Nowhere in my post did i remotely touch on how much fire power, airforce or navy etc...
Warmonger much?

Sir, you talked about invasion.

I did not start a post and talk about invasion first, you did.

Secondly, I have not mention Indonesian in my post. You did

I merely reply to you, if anyone want to invade Australia, that army needed to out man and out gun Australia 5 to 1, 7 to 1 or 10 to 1.

I did not specified who we are talking about, it's a general information I reply from your comment "Australian Defence Force will not put up much of a fight"

You said both Invasion and Indonesian, not me. I am merely replying your post with invading Australia.

You can say whatever you want with Indonesia, I am not interested.

Sir, you talked about invasion.

I did not start a post and talk about invasion first, you did.

Secondly, I have not mention Indonesian in my post. You did

I merely reply to you, if anyone want to invade Australia, that army needed to out man and out gun Australia 5 to 1, 7 to 1 or 10 to 1.

I did not specified who we are talking about, it's a general information I reply from your comment "Australian Defence Force will not put up much of a fight"

You said both Invasion and Indonesian, not me. I am merely replying your post with invading Australia.

You can say whatever you want with Indonesia, I am not interested.

I never made the connection of Indonesia army trying to outgun Australia to an invasion of Australia. If I recall you posted several lengthy replies about how many troops is required to invade Australia long before my post.

I made 1 statement about Indonesia build up and one about lack of credible defence Australia has against an invasion.

You obviously took the effort to connect the two.

And to enlighten you, Australia army especially the Reserves are a joke, several of my mates from high school mates joined the reserves and one of th, received a "most improved soldiers award"... Australia is also extremely urbanized with very distinct arterial
Roads connecting them, how is 50k Australians (reserves included) going to defend that much territory?

I never made the connection of Indonesia army trying to outgun Australia to an invasion of Australia. If I recall you posted several lengthy replies about how many troops is required to invade Australia long before my post.

I made 1 statement about Indonesia build up and one about lack of credible defence Australia has against an invasion.

And to enlighten you, Australia army especially the Reserves are a joke, several of my mates from high school mates joined the reserves and one of th, received a "most improved soldiers award"... Australia is also extremely urbanized with very distinct arterial
Roads connecting them, how is 50k Australians (reserves included) going to defend that much territory?

The Australian Army is a joke?

I'll be in Sydney over the weekend, let's meet up buddy, I'll introduce you to the finer points of the Australian war fighting doctrine :)

dude, I am confused

Invading Australia is a logistical nightmare, the Australian defense force wouldn't put up much of a fight once you manage to land a sizeable army in Australia. But to move troops across the landscape is a feat in itself.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...t-vows-outgun-australia-12.html#ixzz2Si8Rmcgp

You said this, didn't you?

But you say you do not talked about foreign force invading Australia?? Then what is the first 2 words supposed to mean??

and once again, I NEVER SAY INDONESIA TO ANY OF YOUR REPLY. It's obvious that you want the two things connected, not me. If you believe I do mention Indonesia on the invasion on your reply, please point them to me, otherwise shut the heck up, MATE

What I said to another member here is not of your business nor did I want to convey that same message to you, unless you both have the same question.

About Australian defend, you have your view and I have mine, thought out military history, there are smaller force that defeat a larger forces in any war in Military History, you have to be stupid to think any side will win any engagement simply because they have more in number.

I don't know you, nor your mate, I don't care are you and your mate get drunk a lot. I cannot comment on you and your mate. Well, I don't even know if your mate really in the ADF.

If you think Australia force is a joke, then you should look at this video

Now I call this a joke

The Australian Army is a joke?

I'll be in Sydney over the weekend, let's meet up buddy, I'll introduce you to the finer points of the Australian war fighting doctrine :)

lol, don't mind him, he is probably drunk or just try to troll lol

To be honest, I don't even think he know much about Australia, judging by what he said

Australia is also extremely urbanized with very distinct arterial Roads connecting them

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...t-vows-outgun-australia-13.html#ixzz2SiBRDXSx

as far as I know, Only selected City is urbanize. ANd there are only 10 cities thru out Australia are said to be "Highly Urbanized" Those are Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Wollongong, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Canberra, New Castle and Hobart

Also, Motorway and Freeway instead of Arterial Roads are used to connect City. Australia do not use as much Arterial Roads as the UK.

Read the guy post #30

Why compete wih Australia at all, the whole of northern territory is open to attack with limited defense. I remember last year some drunk was able to stumble into a small naval base and steal a bunch of small fire arms, just walked out of there.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...nt-vows-outgun-australia-2.html#ixzz2SiEBCDDD

Anyone who watch local news (Channel 7,9,10 , SBS ABC) will know the "Drunk Guy" Is an Australian Navy sailor, and the alleged incident is not he just walk in a base and steal firearms, but he knock out the ship's guard and stole some pistol and shotgun.

He is either making up things and want to troll against Australia or he does not live in Australia at all, cause what he said smell propaganda from some country lol

At the end of the day , Australia is a white country. You harm a white country and the entire white world will be at your ***. no point thinking who will win then.

Indonesians and Australians both are peaceful people in a peaceful region. Such thoughts shouldn't even occur.

Australians seem to be on the other hand worried about China. Wonder why/

You should thank him too imo. He is helping you improve your comprehension skills :lol:

Don't drag your obsession (India) here please. Thanks

Don't be a twat as we are not theorising about now but in the year 2030.

Australia is safe for now as the "whites" still rule:D

If things go as expected(IMF/Economist etc), China's economy could easily grow to around the same size of the whole Western world by 2030.:lol:

Countries like Turkey, Indonesia and Iran are also expected to make major progress.

Westerners will not then be arrogantly proclaiming themselves as the "International Community" by 2030 as they won't dare.

Who gives a rat's about Australia as long as they give Asians what they really want and that is their natural resources. If they dare stop this flow then their resources will just be taken as it was never really theirs in the first place.

Hope some of this has sunk into you mate.

ultimately these aussies are just anglosaxons abandoned to asia by their own rootless racial brothers. that brotherhood of anglosaxon criminality and racial affinity will buy the aussies military assistance from angloamericans, whereas indonesians' blood will buy them alliance and support from other asians. today angloamericans' rootless military technology is mightier than asian military technology, but in the long run it is more economic for asians to support indonesians than for anglosaxons to support aussies. so indonesian hegemony will ineclutably replace aussie dominance in micronesia and melanesia.

Don't be a twat as we are not theorising about now but in the year 2030.

Australia is safe for now as the "whites" still rule:D

If things go as expected(IMF/Economist etc), China's economy could easily grow to around the same size of the whole Western world by 2030.:lol:

Countries like Turkey, Indonesia and Iran are also expected to make major progress.

Westerners will not then be arrogantly proclaiming themselves as the "International Community" by 2030 as they won't dare.

Who gives a rat's about Australia as long as they give Asians what they really want and that is their natural resources. If they dare stop this flow then their resources will just be taken as it was never really theirs in the first place.

Hope some of this has sunk into you mate.

One thing- Never trust forecasts. Live with what you have in the present.

Second thing- I don't understand your hatred for white/western world especially since you live in the UK.

Honestly, even I am awaiting the end of Western domination of this world but there is just something very sinister about your plans. Take away Australia's resources why ?

What if somebody does that to any of our countryies in Asia ? Bad right ?

At what point does one realise that he is the bad guy in the whole equation

Honestly, even I am awaiting the end of Western domination of this world but there is just something very sinister about your plans. Take away Australia's resources why ?

What if somebody does that to any of our countryies in Asia ? Bad right ?

Glad we agree on something then and that is the end of Western domination.

It needs to end as these people have been taking the rest of the world for a ride for too long.

White people came and stole the resources of the Australian continent displacing the aboriginal people's from their homeland so what is wrong with Asians taking these resources when they have the economic/military power?

Throughout history power has come from the barrel of a gun and that will remain so into the future.

There is a saying "what goes around comes around" and that will happen to Australia sometime in the next 1-2 decades.

dude, I am confused

You said this, didn't you?

But you say you do not talked about foreign force invading Australia?? Then what is the first 2 words supposed to mean??

and once again, I NEVER SAY INDONESIA TO ANY OF YOUR REPLY. It's obvious that you want the two things connected, not me. If you believe I do mention Indonesia on the invasion on your reply, please point them to me, otherwise shut the heck up, MATE

What I said to another member here is not of your business nor did I want to convey that same message to you, unless you both have the same question.

About Australian defend, you have your view and I have mine, thought out military history, there are smaller force that defeat a larger forces in any war in Military History, you have to be stupid to think any side will win any engagement simply because they have more in number.

I don't know you, nor your mate, I don't care are you and your mate get drunk a lot. I cannot comment on you and your mate. Well, I don't even know if your mate really in the ADF.

If you think Australia force is a joke, then you should look at this video

Now I call this a joke

lol, don't mind him, he is probably drunk or just try to troll lol

To be honest, I don't even think he know much about Australia, judging by what he said

as far as I know, Only selected City is urbanize. ANd there are only 10 cities thru out Australia are said to be "Highly Urbanized" Those are Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Wollongong, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Canberra, New Castle and Hobart

Also, Motorway and Freeway instead of Arterial Roads are used to connect City. Australia do not use as much Arterial Roads as the UK.

Read the guy post #30

Anyone who watch local news (Channel 7,9,10 , SBS ABC) will know the "Drunk Guy" Is an Australian Navy sailor, and the alleged incident is not he just walk in a base and steal firearms, but he knock out the ship's guard and stole some pistol and shotgun.

He is either making up things and want to troll against Australia or he does not live in Australia at all, cause what he said smell propaganda from some country lol

Lol you construed my post, I made 2 separate statements and you linked them by the keywords of outgunning and invasion.

Why does Chinese army have to do with anything? They are training with live grenades, Australians train with dummy ones. It proves very little.

An invasion of Australia will come in from the nt or the north west coast, where its pretty much desolate.
On the topic of roads, you might want to check the definition of arterial roads, what do you call the princess highway.

Aus army is like 80% bogans, ******* useless cows. The special ops are good the rest are retards. Still remember Australia's first fatality in the war against terror? That guy shot himself in the head inside the barracks cleaning his gun.

Lol you construed my post, I made 2 separate statements and you linked them by the keywords of outgunning and invasion.

Why does Chinese army have to do with anything? They are training with live grenades, Australians train with dummy ones. It proves very little.

An invasion of Australia will come in from the nt or the north west coast, where its pretty much desolate.
On the topic of roads, you might want to check the definition of arterial roads, what do you call the princess highway.

Aus army is like 80% bogans, ******* useless cows. The special ops are good the rest are retards. Still remember Australia's first fatality in the war against terror? That guy shot himself in the head inside the barracks cleaning his gun.

First of all, I did not reply your first part of your post, I only focus on the second part, as I suggested that in my first reply to you.

Second of all, Aussie army, in fact all the army in the world train with Live grenade. Have you joined the army, son? I did.
Train "live round" must be and should be done after certain testing. In fact a fail Live training is more dangerous than a fail dummy run. Simply because people not up to standard are entrusted with lethal weaponry. You would not let a person who unfamiliar with firearm dealt with a real loaded firearm right??

Thrid of all, I did not say Australia DO NOT USE A-Road, I said the usage of A-Road is not as important as the usage in the UK. And Australian Highway network utilities more Motorway and Freeway than switch to the older tradition A-Road

Look at this inter-City connectivity map and you will see how many M-Road and F-Road in use in contrast of A-Road

Highways in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like to count them

27 Motorway and Freeway
11 A-Road

How do it reference to the word you said

Australia is also extremely urbanized with very distinct arterial Roads connecting them

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...t-vows-outgun-australia-13.html#ixzz2SkdvpIDD

When less than HALF of the Intercity Linkage are connect thru the arterial road?? I can give you that if it spill over half, I can give you your statement when the road are 75% A-Road, but I can't give you that statement when the reality is 28%.....

A road today in Australia uses for Suburban to Suburban connection. I drive down Princess Highway EVERYDAY for work, but I did not live in Sydney and work in Adelaide, I mainly use the road if I want to travel from Granville to Hurstville. If I want to go south and get to Melbourne I will most likely use Hume Highway. Unless you want to go interstate and too cheapskate to pay for toll, then I will probably use Princess Highway

About the Aussie Army comment, well, you see Aussie Army are crap and I see Chinese Army are even crappier, how about that??

Back
Top Bottom