What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

EC725. Credit to A Boedi Udhayana.

13741219_2116521655239083_1639240945_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI_4qd5hw75/

No offense. May I ask why Indonesia needs such heavy tanks? I don't think such heavy tank is a good fit to Indonesia, given the geography features of your country. Any thoughts to share? Many thanks!

Indonesia have 1,919,317 km² total land area. Surely we can find someplace that fits for MTB role here.

leo-2ri-2.jpg

Last edited:
Indonesia have 1,919,317 km² total land area. Surely we can find someplace that fits for MTB role here.
yes, I know Indonesia is a very big country. But you have so many islands, which means the tanks needs to be frequently loaded/off-loaded at different ports of different islands, hence a very huge pressure to you transportation or logistics system.

yes, I know Indonesia is a very big country. But you have so many islands, which means the tanks needs to be frequently loaded/off-loaded at different ports of different islands, hence a very huge pressure to you transportation or logistics system.

We don't constantly move around these assets, since the MTB will be stationed mostly in Java. And while Java get more modern assets, the older weapon system will be shifted outside Java.

leopard2-ri.jpg

Last edited:

we need heavy tanks/leopard mostly for urban warfare. securing our big cities from any invasion. even it can be deployed to suburban and suitable land of indonesian soil.

No offense. May I ask why Indonesia needs such heavy tanks? I don't think such heavy tank is a good fit to Indonesia, given the geography features of your country. Any thoughts to share? Many thanks!
Of course it is meant to counter another MBT..

Our neighboring country have always been operating MBT since many decades ago..MBT in TNI arsenal is long overdue..

Yes we are archipelagic country, but we have vast land teritory and urban areas too which is suitable for MBT operation..

If In particular area, the topography is not suitable for our tanks, then the same condition applied to our enemy. Their MBT can not enter that area..there's no need to send our MBT there

Last edited:
We don't constantly move around these assets, since this MTB will be stationed mostly in Java. And while Java get more modern assets, the older weapon system will be shifted outside Java.

View attachment 337018

that makes sense. Thanks for your explanation.
Mind to share the pictures of the trailer tractor in accompany with the MBTs? Thanks!

Political lust of his family has corrupted this guy and ended his military career..

Kinda disappointing to see this guy leaving the force while he could've contributed more to its development..

I hope he didnt take TNI's budget to pay for his extensive education.
From what I've heard from my dad (he works close to the higher up people), the guy didn't even want to resign but his mother forced him to.

That's the problem. Leopard should be put in Kalimantan
That shouldn't be a problem. Kalimantan will get light tanks, and Medium tanks in the future once our Medium tank project with Turkey yield a positive result.
If the escalation of border conflict with neighboring country occure, The Command of Military Sea Lift (Kolinlamil) will take the responsibility to deliver this big cat to the hot area. Thats's why we have KRI Bintuni.

bintuni_1.jpg

2627110_201606160514080585.jpg

Last edited:
We don't really have any problem because the leopard has a very light ground pressure per area, so we can use them almost everywhere.

They are also mainly stationed in Java which is pretty much already pretty good infrastructure-wise. And for transporting between islands, we have also built special ships for this exact job locally.

That is what they say publicly. What happens behind the curtains is often very different ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom