What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Those patrol vessels should satisfy the required specs, so i have no worries about the performance. Aside from KCR-40/PC-40, Palindo Marine also developing 110 meter OPV. This vessel will become a game changer in the future for our naval build-up.

hopDSuT.jpg
I hope those capable private shipyard could be work together under the PT PAL to build more PKR IN NEAR FUTURE.

I hope those capable private shipyard could be work together under the PT PAL to build more PKR IN NEAR FUTURE.

In my opinion, they should concentrate their efforts to produce our locally designed and built corvette and frigate. PKR design and technology can be incorporated into this new vessels. The success of OPV project, would be a very good sign that our shipyards are ready to develop a bigger and more capable naval vessel by our own to satisfy our Navy requirements.

Last edited:

Yes.
They should make colaboration. Between those shipyards and also the user (Navy and Bakamla). Shipyards build the platform, navy and bakamla give an input about the performance and design that match to the requairement at the field.
It can be by experiences or new technology/knowledge in ship building.

Once Navy/bakamla find the best platform and performance, then just giving those shipyards a contract to build the ships.
As many as we need.... :D .
For securing indonesian waters, I hope thousands will be built. :yahoo:

In my opinion, they should concentrate their efforts to produce our locally designed and built corvette and frigate. PKR design and technology can be incorporated into this new vessels. The success of OPV project, would be a very good sign that our shipyards are ready to develop a bigger and more capable naval vessel by our own to satisfy our Navy requirements.

For a speed result, i like the cooperation model with korea when build LPD.
We can produce and we can export the ship.

For a speed result, i like the cooperation model with korea when build LPD. We can produce and we can export the ship.

That kind of cooperation (with foreign partners) are highly efficient if we have no experience and know-how to build the said vessels. That's not the case today. We already have experience to build PKR frigate. Our local shipyard can also design and build large OPV. So the next collaboration should be PT.PAL with Palindo Marine Shipyard and the other shipyards including our Naval Warship Design Center to design and build our very own corvette, frigate and the like.

Then, we can freely produce and export this vessel to our prospective and friendly neighbors in ASEAN and Africa.

KRI 403, Chang Bogo class submarine takes a strollView attachment 334903

How happy I am to see so many thumbs up and big like from us regarding this new toy.
I remember when the first time we decided to pick this instead of the Russian's and everybody cursed the decision. And I mean everybody.
No more 'anjing kampung' everybody ?

Headline news pagi ini ....?

c7e75487-54dd-427b-baeb-fbc44d65f2a1.jpg

Political lust of his family has corrupted this guy and ended his military career..

Kinda disappointing to see this guy leaving the force while he could've contributed more to its development..

I hope he didnt take TNI's budget to pay for his extensive education.

As long as it can bite... no one will complain.

Political lust of his family has corrupted this guy and ended his military career.. Kinda disappointing to see this guy leaving the force while he could've contributed more to its development.. I hope he didn't take TNI's budget to pay for his extensive education.

Politically motivated, yes. But i still appreciate his sacrifice, whatever the result will be. The next Jakarta's Governor election will be exiting!

That kind of cooperation (with foreign partners) are highly efficient if we have no experience and know-how to build the said vessels. That's not the case today. We already have experience to build PKR frigate. Our local shipyard can also design and build large OPV. So the next collaboration should be PT.PAL with Palindo Marine Shipyard and the other shipyards including our Naval Warship Design Center to design and build our very own corvette, frigate and the like.

Then, we can freely produce and export this vessel to our prospective and friendly neighbors in ASEAN and Africa.

Yes agree overall.

But the info i got, in PKR frigate project...these warship produced and operated only for Indonesian navy, not for export, so i give an example the LPD project.
We allowed to build the PKR frigate many as we need but only for indonesian navy. correct me if wrong

So we start build the indonesian made warship, started with setup " Ship Design Centre" in surabaya.

How happy I am to see so many thumbs up and big like from us regarding this new toy.
I remember when the first time we decided to pick this instead of the Russian's and everybody cursed the decision. And I mean everybody.

The important thing is, experiences to build is expensive.
Maybe still far to build by ourself.. but in the next time, this big nation should build our own submarine.
then many submarine will be operated.

Don't to forget the quantity is quality itself.

Last edited:
But the info i got, in PKR frigate project...these warship produced and operated only for Indonesian navy, not for export, so i give an example the LPD project. We allowed to build the PKR frigate many as we need but only for indonesian navy. correct me if wrong.

That's why i said that we should start to concentrate our effort to design and build our very own striking force vessels. PKR is great, but costly to build and we don't have the IP right for the design.

I predict that the 110 meter OPV currently built by Palindo Marine would cost less than $35 million. Since we can build LPD for around $45 million.

Imagine what we can build for $220 million (cost for a barebone PKR frigate).

Last edited:
Most important, synergy between local companies in sharing technology by sharing project or subcontract it and strengthen function of National Ship Design and Engineering Center (NasDEC).

14444727_948369538604723_2270517034593393722_o.jpg

14380012_948369561938054_1641420814647393170_o.jpg

14362491_948369571938053_6796290553219656266_o.jpg

Around 09:00 pm The Raider Infantry Battalion soldiers and soldiers from Battalion 328 Kostrad 9 Regimen Askar Melayu Malaysian deployed using the C 130 Hercules aircraft continued to attack a target, housed in Dawuan, Karawang, West Java.

The flip continued with tactical activity was the culmination of the implementation of the Joint Exercise Airborne between TNI (Indonesian Armed Forces) and ATM (Malaysian Armed Forces) involving personnel Airborne (Airborne) of the two countries. This exercise is part of Exercise Joint Airborne that has lasted for approximately 7 days.

http://www.kostrad.mil.id/index.php/artikel/5025-189

That's why i said that we should start to concentrate our effort to design and build our very own striking force vessels. PKR is great, but costly to build and we don't have the IP right for the design.

I predict that the 110 meter OPV currently built by Palindo Marine would cost less than $35million. Since we can build LPD for around $45 million.

Imagine what we can get for $220 million (cost for a barebone PKR frigate).

Yes.
And i'm sure we can.
Build a quality ship with low cost.
And other aim, PKR project is to collect experiences, especially for PT. PAL and LEN to integrated cms and weapon system.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom