What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

unfortunately, one of the brightest star candidate in the future have sacrificed for the sake of pragmatic politics of his father party

A gambling, yes. But who knows... he might hit a jackpot :D

Last edited:
In my opinion, they should concentrate their efforts to produce our locally designed and built corvette and frigate. PKR design and technology can be incorporated into this new vessels. The success of OPV project, would be a very good sign that our shipyards are ready to develop a bigger and more capable naval vessel by our own to satisfy our Navy requirements.
I do agree with you, but to designing the new one we ought to focus our resources on this while we knew, money beside the good will of the goverment/ user is our big problem.
So In my opinion it better to used all energy in realizing the at hand proofing design. And in long run we can do rest, hope our economy will be better.

but to designing the new one we ought to focus our resources on this while we knew, money beside the good will of the goverment/ user is our big problem.

I used to think like that before Palindo Marine out of nowhere roll out their 110 meter OPV design for BAKAMLA.

How happy I am to see so many thumbs up and big like from us regarding this new toy.
I remember when the first time we decided to pick this instead of the Russian's and everybody cursed the decision. And I mean everybody.
No more 'anjing kampung' everybody ?
Yeah, there are many who were thought that it was the err-wrong decition, but as for me it is better to have "my own anjing kampung" that none.
Any one who are now running be start with be creeping

I used to think like that before Palindo Marine out of nowhere roll out their 110 meter OPV design for BAKAMLA.
I am 100% agree with you and very supporting our advantage in design, not only designing warship,but also missile, uav, rocket engines and even 5th Jet as Lfx but you see the rest.
But I am agree with you and hope it be done.

Rest in peace to all victims of flash floods in Garut, West Java. Below some picture of humanitarian and disaster relief operation by TNI.

14355150_948382705270073_5439743030631883460_n.jpg

14449952_948382578603419_2130975333599153420_n.jpg

14446181_948382405270103_6662853567503451972_n.jpg

14440905_948382175270126_2205505167560349923_n.jpg

Credit to Pendam Siliwangi

14441085_948381758603501_7175746602335306891_n.jpg

Credit to Pendam Sriwijaya

The important thing is, experiences to build is expensive.
Maybe still far to build by ourself.. but in the next time, this big nation should build our own submarine.
then many submarine will be operated.

Don't to forget the quantity is quality itself.

For now nor quantity or quality for submarine.
But for 10-20 years from now we will get both once we mastered the technology and as our economy keep bigger and bigger.

I me
Yeah, there are many who were thought that it was the err-wrong decition, but as for me it is better to have "my own anjing kampung" that none.
Any one who are now running be start with be creeping
Sorry i mean it is better to have our own anjing kampung then none

From what I've heard from my dad (he works close to the higher up people), the guy didn't even want to resign but his mother forced him to.

unfortunately, one of the brightest star candidate in the future have sacrificed for the sake of pragmatic politics of his father party

This move seems to be very premature and unfortunate.. now its clear why he did this.. I always thought that he would be one of the next generation leaders of TNI who could get breakthrough achivements.

Also he could be panglima of TNI with a very impressive academic background from top unis (Harvard, Nanyang).. So sayang to see a bright mind like him to leave the service where he could really make a difference..

Logical wise over emotional wise.
The most important thing and the key factor from this deal is certainly the TOT.
Self independency will benefit us a lot.
Yeah !That Right When we can built our strategic weapon, we have no worry with" Embargo".

For now nor quantity or quality for submarine.
But for 10-20 years from now we will get both once we mastered the technology and as our economy keep bigger and bigger.

sorry... i dont know whats your point..

In time being indonesia has choose DSME CBG submarine for indonesian navy, right?
That some people said its not good.
But i say in opposite, it is good! even not the best. Build quality from korea is not that bad people thinked, they got technology support from western country.
Beside, for our submarine we choose the onboard module by ourself...like periscope module from german company, cms from kongsberg. etc
We choose module from good naval defense contractor.. and the most important in that time situation is: the CBG subs price is the best match to our pocket.
We hope from that project we can produced by ourself...after that we can reach the quantity...

So i can simply say: we can defense our water with 20-30 CBG class subs.

Last edited:
sorry... i dont know whats your point..

In time being indonesia has choose DSME CBG submarine for indonesian navy, right?
That some people said its not good.
But i say in opposite, it is good! even not the best. Build quality from korea is not that bad people thinked, they got technology support from western country.
Beside, for our submarine we choose the onboard module by ourself...like periscope module from german company, cms from kongsberg. etc
We choose module from good naval defense contractor.. and the most important in that time situation is: the CBG subs price is the best match to our pocket.
We hope from that project we can produced by ourself...after that we can reach the quantity...

So i can simply say: we can defense our water with 20-30 CBG class subs.

That is why I said nor quality or quantity.
The Chang Bogo certainly is good sub, but it's not the best of the Korean have now.
I'm not saying it's not good. It's just not the greatest.
And moreover no doubt curently the European (France and Germany) and US of A have the best technology for submarine. Not to mention Japan with their Soryu.

Bro we are testing SCAR and Berreta and CZ 806 so I don't think we would be interested in this one but still it should be tested @Arsalan What you have to say about this ?
Nothing really. Do not know a lot about this one.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom