What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Still no comment on financial commitment from Indonesia which seems to participate in the program without paying the promised contributed and let the Korean government to burden the development cost alone.

A smart move by Indonesia for now.

However again, as I said, there will be a time when the Indonesian government has to make a choice, especially when they start discussing the IF-X prototype for Indonesia within 1~2 year. The country won't receive the jet unless the Jokowi administration decides to pay the overdue payment.

alone? well, we paid already the first installment :agree:
in 1-2 years, i wont worried about KFX/IFX prototype and future,
who knows what would happen in future.
in 2013 korean side had stopped and delayed financing the project.
it tooks more than a year and half.
every nations has it owns problem, so now let time solved its problem.

Last edited:
Dua Kapal Perang TNI AL Berhasil menembakan Rudal C-705

WhatsApp%2BImage%2B2021-04-09%2Bat%2B08.39.30.jpeg

again two c-705 missiles test from KCR-40m (FMB), BRAVO INDONESIA NAVY

alone? well, we paid already the first installment :agree:
in 1-2 years, i wont worried about KFX/IFX prototype and future,
who knows what would happen in future.
in 2013 korean side had stopped and delayed financing the project.
it tooks more than a year and half.
every nations has it owns problem, so now let time solved its problem.

Yes, the Korean government is funding the project alone at the moment as the Jokowi administration has failed to fulfill Indonesia's financial obligation towards the program for years and Indonesia is currently in arrears. In 2013, the project has never been "stopped" and was only reviewed by KISTEP for further assessment. The development of KF-X/IF-X went ahead as planned as a joint program initiated by Korea.

You won't worry about KF-X/IF-X prototype and future as Korea will continue to develop the jet regardless Indonesia pays the money or not though I think they are basically trying to re-invent the wheel - they would have been better off if they had bought modified F/A-18 E/F and build them under license.

Solution is simple. Indonesia fulfills its financial obligation that they promised. Otherwise, Indonesia won't receive assistance & parts for IF-X prototype which was supposed to be built in Indonesia within 1~2 years and won't enter the supply chain of KF-X / IF-X.

I mean I think KF-X / IF-X may not be suitable for Indonesia as I think the country is probably better off with something like F-16V, but if Indonesia wants to remain in the KF-X & IF-X program and the country has to realize that time is running out.

Indonesia Air Force Anniversary Commemoration. LIVE

thanks the link @SgtGungHo
Screenshot_2021-04-09 한국형 전투기 KF-21 보라매 출고식|문재인 대통령 기념사 2028년까지 40대, 2032년까지 모두 120대 실전 배치 (21...png

Screenshot_2021-04-09 한국형 전투기 KF-21 보라매 출고식|문재인 대통령 기념사 2028년까지 40대, 2032년까지 모두 120대 실전 배치 (21...png

A surprising appearance speech by Mr. Presiden Joko Widodo,
he said to fullfill 30-40 years the need of jet fighters, i think its a sign IF-X still positive to us

heyy look at that red and white special effect lighting camouflage...thanks korea,
you guys never let us walk alone:yahoo::smitten:

Last edited:
As I have posted before .. .. For South Korea, cooperation in the KFX / IFX program (G to G) with Indonesia is not only on the basis of commercial considerations ... but also in the framework (to secure its strategic position in the region) of fostering good relations between the two countries in the future which are considered to provide greater potential benefits for Korea in the future.. A good relationship with Indonesia is strategicly important for Korea because Indonesia is the largest, most important and most influential country in ASEAN and also in other Islamic countries in the world

For Korea .. The KFX / IFX program (and many others offer by Korea) is a way or request to continue to foster and foster good relations with Indonesia .. Remember .. The global map of the world in the post 2030 will no longer be the same as it is now...

Last edited:
Talking about KFX/IFX program, I hope they paid all the development debt this Month (April/Ramadhan). There is left over budget from last year stimulus budget. I hope they use that money. I dont think it is difficult to pay it all this month.

I also hope they send back all of the engineers to Korea that include production team, I know it will likely hamper N 245 program, but any way there is still time to build it since Airline industry will still have long recovery period due to this pandemic. At least we have finished development of N 219 until it gets type certificate and has made 1 flying MALE UCAV prototype.

----------------------------------------------------

Indonesian Hawk Squadron show of force :D

(Photo: Jeff Prananda)

1618109820358.png

Last edited:
Indonesian Navy was monitoring two Chinese research vessels passing Sunda Strait

is this related to Indonesia defence? you're the dumbest think tank analysis.. lmao

Be respected if you want to comment here or you will be banned. Those related to F 18 Hornet that becomes hot issues lately.

13 APRIL 2021

Indonesia receives first batch of Chinese-made AR-2 missiles for its CH-4 UAVs
by Ridzwan Rahmat

The Indonesian military has received its first batch of Chinese-made AR-2 air-to-surface, precision-guided missiles.

A CH-5 UAV at Airshow China 2016, fitted with four AR-1 (blue) and four AR-2 (white) missiles. The Indonesian Air Force test-fired the AR-1 missiles from its CH-4 UAVs in 2019, and recently took delivery of an initial batch of of AR-2s. (Janes/Kelvin Wong)

A CH-5 UAV at Airshow China 2016, fitted with four AR-1 (blue) and four AR-2 (white) missiles. The Indonesian Air Force test-fired the AR-1 missiles from its CH-4 UAVs in 2019, and recently took delivery of an initial batch of of AR-2s. (Janes/Kelvin Wong)
Information and images provided to Janes indicate that the weapons, which will be deployed on the Indonesian Air Force’s (Tentara Nasional Indonesia – Angkatan Udara: TNI-AU’s) CH-4 medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), arrived at the service’s main ammunition depot on the Iswahyudi Air Force Base on 8 April.

These images also indicate that the missiles, which were packed in crates of two projectiles each, were delivered in a shipping container that also included an undisclosed number of pylons and rail launchers.

The AR-2 relies on its inertial guidance system for mid-course updates and on its semi-active laser (SAL) seeker for terminal homing. The weapon can carry a 5 kg armour-piercing warhead and has a maximum range of about 8 km.

The TNI-AU currently operates a fleet of six CH-4 UAVs, the first two of which made their public debut in October 2019. The CH-4 variant supplied to Indonesia has an operating radius of between 1,500 km and 2,000 km and can be operated via satellite link.

The TNI-AU’s CH-4s were also seen armed with the larger AR-1 missiles during a 2019 exercise in East Java, Indonesia.

Submarine base is prepared in Natuna island

Back
Top Bottom