What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

There is no official news from the MoD of any pulling out and cancellation. As i know AH is not a fan of the Korean.
Yeah you're right. Forgot to type "if it's come true" there.
Is it possible to smoothen KFX technology debacle if we buy whole lot of US fighter?

There is no official news from the MoD of any pulling out and cancellation. As i know AH is not a fan of the Korean.
There's actually sign that MoD also hate this sub too, look at this

And our top defense brass doesn't really like that either

FB_IMG_1601187165824.jpg

I mean, if we can get sub like 214 or scorpene with newest tech, why not? Much better than 209s

There's actually sign that MoD also hate this sub too, look at this

And our top defense brass doesn't really like that either

View attachment 673707

I mean, if we can get sub like 214 or scorpene with newest tech, why not? Much better than 209s
Like i said before there is no offficial news of any cancellation.

AH tweeted:
"Anything may happen as long as no contract sign yet. What about previous submarine contract fate?"

Cmiiw the contract have been signed right? Kinda strange if he is asking that question after his previous statement.

Btw can we upgrade a contract from Type 209 to Type 214 with the Korean?

Cmiiw the contract have been signed right? Kinda strange if he is asking that question after his previous statement.

Btw can we upgrade a contract from Type 209 to Type 214 with the Korean?
No, the contract is not effective yet and no, we can't upgrade out contract from type 209 to 214

I have always taken Islam very seriously and therefore consider Indonesia as brother and therefore as brother I am worried about both Malaysia and Indonesia. Both of these countries are no where close to be ready to be able to defend themselves. South East Asia region is next flashpoint of the world potentially the region from where World War III will begin and both Indonesia and Malaysia are most vulnerable. Indonesia should not pull out of this project instead not only it should remain part of project but also make sure when jet is ready it inducts more than 200 of these monsters.

kfx always considered as 4.5 gen fighter her RCS bigger than the F35, their technology have not mature yet, basically its a papper design but the aquisition cost above f35 who has flying and proven, we Indonesian not so many budget to spend so the priority is more realistic if we choose the proven design

AH tweeted:
"Anything may happen as long as no contract sign yet. What about previous submarine contract fate?"

Anyone who's giving any weight in AH tweet nights as well asking whether or not Kim Kardashian boobs is a real boobs (of which they are not)

The army is still pondering to use all 155 mm guns artillery instead and that's why they put on hold request for 105 mm light gun howitzer.
I'm more or less well subscribed into the idea that static towed artillery is obsolete. Modern day force multipliers like loitering drones, PGM's, and relatively cheap drone fired AGM's have pretty much made static artillery somewhat of a lability compared to self propelled artillery like the CEASARs and M109's. I am very much invested into the idea that our artillery regiments are better off scrapping the static guns and replacing them with more CEASARs, despite the costs.

Even if you can argue that yes they are much more cheaper than SPG's, the fact that with only even a trained crew, a notional adversary's batteries can easily conduct counter-battery operations as quickly as possible after the Counter-Battery Radar picks up the initial fire mission of your gun. This gives you a very small and often sometimes not enough window of opportunity to pack up all of the equipment and scoot; thus making them largely vulnerable to even themselves.

For 120 mm mortar, i believe they must change a lot of Banpur distribution if we are trying to include them once more. And not that great though if we include them for Battalion Banpur level, as logistic and size will be more demanding compared to the more versatile 81 mm mortar. But it will be more suited for the new Mechanized infantry Brigade level though as they can be used on platform like Anoa or M113.

I don't think they would be a lot more logistically demanding to be honest. A lot of countries have 60mm, 88mm, and 120mm man portable mortars available at the platoon, company, and battalion level. We're really only taking about a tube and a plate that people would be transporting on their backs, not really an entire vehicle dedicated to transporting them. At that point I would have agreed with you.

Last edited:
I'm more or less well subscribed into the idea that static towed artillery is obsolete. Modern day force multipliers like loitering drones, PGM's, and relatively cheap drone fired AGM's have pretty much made static artillery somewhat of a lability compared to self propelled artillery like the CEASARs and M109's. I am very much invested into the idea that our artillery regiments are better off scrapping the static guns and replacing them with more CEASARs, despite the costs.

Even if you can argue that yes they are much more cheaper than SPG's, the fact that with only even a trained crew, a notional adversary's batteries can easily conduct counter-battery operations as quickly as possible after the Counter-Battery Radar picks up the initial fire mission of your gun. This gives you a very small and often sometimes not enough window of opportunity to pack up all of the equipment and scoot; thus making them largely vulnerable to even themselves.

I don't think they would be a lot more logistically demanding to be honest. A lot of countries have 60mm, 88mm, and 120mm man portable mortars available at the platoon, company, and battalion level. We're really only taking about a tube and a plate that people would be transporting on their backs, not really an entire vehicle dedicated to transporting them. At that point I would have agreed with you.
On mobile SPG i agree wholeheartedly . Let get mobile 155 all the way . On the condition at least we have one factory that could handle the barrel repair and maintenance . Producing was much more preferred .
But on the 120 mm mortar . Truth to be told isn't that thing was kind of heavy AF . I always see the thing was always mounted on vehicles . While the damaged inflicted was awesome if not equal to the 155 mm round's damages it definitely close to it . We have to think ease of transportation for the mans in the field . The thing should be designated at batallion level fire support at minimum

Note : always forget the minutes detail

Last edited:
But on the 120 mm mortar . Truth to be told isn't that thing was kind of heavy AF . I always see the thing was always mounted on vehicles
Nope, look US Army 11C MOS. Those guys are literally infantrymen running around carrying mortars all day. Although some are given mobile transport in the form of either a Humvee, MATV, or LMTV truck.

There's also the Hirtenberger Defense M12 mortar, comes with both a carriage and man portable version.

They also have the M6 (60mm) and M8 (88mm) tubes.

Last edited:

Quite brutal her answer, but we are need such unyielding attitude to match our greatness.

Quite brutal her answer, but we are need such unyielding attitude to match our greatness.
They already in China hands doing or China foreign political extension. It wont be surprising if Australia failed to spread their influence in pacific countries then Vanuatu would become China "full" proxy.

Back
Top Bottom