What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

i agree, like wtf they thinking tho, i also wonder why they go black colored equipment instead of green colored ones, price wasn't the problem afaik, i believe due to "Raiding equipment/tactical EQ" aka black attire CT equipment. and then the flag and other things smh, this leadership need a new doctrine or needs to be replaced

This may sound weird for you, but black mix with Woodland DPM isn't that bad during daylight. Daylight concealment is more about movement. Although I strongly agree its need to go with Olive Drab rather than black. However IF the other side have access to NVG, having black coloured gears will be serious problem, because black tend to glow under IR spectrum.

This may sound weird for you, but black mix with Woodland DPM isn't that bad during daylight. Daylight concealment is more about movement. Although I strongly agree its need to go with Olive Drab rather than black. However IF the other side have access to NVG, having black coloured gears will be serious problem, because black tend to glow under IR spectrum.

I bet, they just need to order through alibaba or ebay as NVG is not restricted mily only items in Indonesia or abroad.

If this South Korean report is right, there is need to ban Indonesia worker to work at Chinese ships. Its very inhuman and clearly need for further investigation

As it will led to other diplomatic spats between Two countries

If this South Korean report is right, there is need to ban Indonesia worker to work at Chinese ships. Its very inhuman and clearly need for further investigation

slavery in fishing industry is actually quite common , just one of the case that caught by camera apparently .

slavery in fishing industry is actually quite common , just one of the case that caught by camera apparently .

Fishing industry is the last battlefield of modern slavery.
The more you dig deeper the more horrifying it is.

Nonetheless, Loohoot CERTAINLY wouldn't trade human right of own citizens for Winnie the Pooh cuan money, RIGHT?

Ban? We can't even enforce a baby lobster ban.

So long as there are areas in Indonesia full with desperate villagers with no job prospects, this will continue

not bad but wasn't that effective needless to say, as you said, i'd rather go for olive drab/army green or better if they could wear their own Ecba vest lookalike. cuz most of the times i see, they didn't carry too much equipment/ammo on their modern vest either. and somehow they also didn't use any camo wrapping on the helmet, just a pure bare helmet. idk why they do that too

Before making such a conclusion we need to know first in which area did they patrol and in which area is OPM currently operates.

I think the only units that bring flag during patrol are the one that is stationed in a relatively friendly area, especially those near the border hence they need to carry the flag, while units stationed in the area with heavy OPM presence and SF unit who actively pursued those rebels don't carry it.
=======================================================
Anyway, someone really needs to make an open for public assessment regarding TNI-Polri combat ops in Papua by analyzing various data such as comparing casualties on both sides, OPM strength and territory from time to time, operational budget, numbers of OPM attack, etc.

FYI, I'm currently making TNI-Polri casualties list (KIA & WIA) in Papua from December 2018 - now. Does anyone want to join? especially to make casualties list from OPM side.

Sedikit SS, masih agak berantakan terutama karena sumbernya dari pemberitaan media/statement resmi TNI-Polri yang kadang gk lengkap:
View attachment 630194

sometimes they done goof on patrol too, even on friendlier area. just need a bit improvement and i think its good, not just stick on old doctrines and stuff, btw i believe i saw the news somewhere that one of the soldiers got hit by ak's they said it was the 7.62x39 variant. and hit him 3 times or maybe less or more. one of em graze the helmet, which is saved his life, another hit his lvl 4 plate carrier and other i believe hit his torso somewhere, but i still couldn't find the old stuff, it happened around 2-4 years ago i believed

sometimes they done goof on patrol too, even on friendlier area. just need a bit improvement and i think its good, not just stick on old doctrines and stuff, btw i believe i saw the news somewhere that one of the soldiers got hit by ak's they said it was the 7.62x39 variant. and hit him 3 times or maybe less or more. one of em graze the helmet, which is saved his life, another hit his lvl 4 plate carrier and other i believe hit his torso somewhere, but i still couldn't find the old stuff, it happened around 2-4 years ago i believed

This?

yep, thanks for the info cuz i actually found it on instagram and then moved to website based news to see the better perspective. btw it also give us idea that how the Army prioritize gear on individual (might be depends on the brass) but so far they doing good, and this one of the example from the case above
helm.jpg

i mean that AK would penetrate the helmet on some degrees of angle but at least we could minimize it

idk why but after saw some old Aceh Ops Photo, our troops in both documentary or any other source really resemble russian forces in the same era, you can watch these and compared that to the old photo below.
190702cAceh.jpg

aceh_tni.jpg
_426138_militaryunit300.jpg
031103aMiliter_Gabungan.jpg
798191_20131112120008.jpg
DDnxEdsV0AAegaP.jpg
Screen-Shot-5943.jpg
screenshot-home-kompas-co-id-2017-07-20-22-07-54.png
tni-infantry-troops-on-patrol-in-aceh-bpn16.jpg

FYI the armor the guys here wear are rated Level III not IV. Level IV is rated up to 7.62x54r whereas the issued plates are rated only up to 7.62x39 MSC.

FYI the armor the guys here wear are rated Level III not IV. Level IV is rated up to 7.62x54r whereas the issued plates are rated only up to 7.62x39 MSC.
are you sure about that? i mean it could be but it seems they using lvl 3 but they always told us it was lvl 4 plate.
threat_level_page-_Ballistic_armor_levels_website_1.jpg

are you sure about that? i mean it could be but it seems they using lvl 3 but they always told us it was lvl 4 plate.View attachment 630415
Maybe it also depends on the brand? AR500 Level III armor can defeat 7.62x51
https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor.html

====================================================================
If it's really PLAN Type 903, maybe Pusen/TNIAU chooses to upload this photo to 'nyindir'* China? :D

*(what is the exact translation for nyindir in English?)

Back
Top Bottom