What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I can guarantee that is not the case. CAATSA is all encompassing, to leave it out for 'smaller' purchases would defeat the whole purpose of the act. That is why the Marines are apparently looking at the AAVP-7 from BAE as a replacement for the BT-3F. Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a bank that is willing to finance a Russian arms deal right now.

In the midst of Corona, there is much tall order to put it.

Wamenhan's statement about the possibility of Su-35 cancelation and replaced it by F-35 is a clear sign that our MoD is very concerned about CAATSA. However, there seems to be no US pressure on BT-3F and BMP-3F contract, and last month the request to procure a further batch of BT-3F has been approved by the 1st Commission.

So perhaps the US will only use its CAATSA cards for something sophisticated and significant like fighter aircraft, long-range SAM, subs, etc., and they will leave us alone for something that is 'B aja' like APC, IFV, and maybe SHORAD
from my point of view, this CAATSA thing is not just about restricting cash for Russia, but in a broader sense is to isolate Russia from the chess board of world geopolitics. The very idea of CAATSA is to to isolate Russia until they behave.
So whatever weapons systems it is, will be included in the list of sanctions.
just my thought though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and oh, btw did we send ships for RIMPAC 2020?

#RIMPAC2020 will be held this August

https://www.cpf.navy.mil/news.aspx/130607

https://www.liputan6.com/news/read/2955420/4-prajurit-tni-gugur-saat-latihan-di-natuna

Then like it or not they would have to adapt. They're used to NATO equipment since they've already operated plenty of them before. It's not really an excuse for them to stick to Russian stuff.

CAATSA: "I'm gonna do what's called a pro-gamer move"

If they wanted something cheaper yet effective they can just repurpose the old AMX hulls with the Crotale NG turret.
Well, at Natuna accident it was army's giant bow 23mm.
While marinir disappoint with their China made SPAAG 35mm, Type-90 if my memory serve me right.
Yes rumour said, it can move by itself. That is why Marinir don't want to add more.

Mereka bisa muter sendiri out of control, LoL. Thats bad gun by any account. Better to sourced from Switzerland, even Bangladesh a close partner of China bought their new AA gun from Swiss for god sake.

kapok ambil giant bow...

Marines corps can find a deal with Bulgarian, Cezch, Ukraina, China or so on for everything its not only Russian can give them. They need not to compete with the army , they need colaboration with the Army, god damn it.
iki susah iki wkwkwkwk tapi bukan tidak mungkin...

I can guarantee that is not the case. CAATSA is all encompassing, to leave it out for 'smaller' purchases would defeat the whole purpose of the act. That is why the Marines are apparently looking at the AAVP-7 from BAE as a replacement for the BT-3F. Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a bank that is willing to finance a Russian arms deal right now.

I see. Hopefully, if it really happens they can find and choose the alternative quickly, not like Su-35 drama

While marinir disappoint with their China made SPAAG 35mm, Type-90 if my memory serve me right.
Yes rumour said, it can move by itself. That is why Marinir don't want to add more.
The incident pretty much killed proliferation of Chinese arms in this country.

But you might wanna know for Marines there's 2 different types of APC it's from NATO and Russia. Or maybe the plan has changed(?)
Screenshot_20200505-121041~2.png

Ah yes, I forgot about Sosna

Nope. It is a lot easier to destroy your enemy when the local population is on your side, or at least neutral. Take GAM, Fretilin, MIT, and OPM for example, to some extent they relied heavily on the local population to support them (logistics, informant, recruitment, etc). Also, in this era of democracy, social media, free press, etc., it is very important for a military operation or even a military institution itself to secure legitimacy by winning the hearts and minds of the population. Remember how public opinion in the US influences the Vietnamese war? East Timor referendum?

Of course one may argue that the responsibility to win the hearts and mins of the population should not be solely/mainly given to the military since it will potentially distract the military from its primary role: to destroy the enemy. But still, having support from the population will make your day a lot easier, so is the opposite.
Yes in this case when 1966 konfrontasi brits win mind and heart of civilian and making pgrs and sukarelawan work difficult.

Korkut SPAAG is good i think, using amphibious fnss acv 30 also note fnss and indad now
If marine want 35 mm why not buy oerlikon gdf, using same ammo in milenium

If marine want 35 mm why not buy oerlikon gdf, using same ammo in milenium
Wel, it is a mystery hahaha. The power of salesmanship?
The power of "i know the boss"?
Lack of budget?
Betting on cheap-price-but-good-products?
We will never know hahaha

Yeah, it came as part of a test kit for the Leopards before we replaced them with M240's.

Back
Top Bottom