What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I am affraid that this is an implicit behavior of your "inferiority disease" to Australia...

OR...

It was a case of being aware and cautious, that leads to an act of defending national dignity, towards an action of obvious blasphemy.

At least my country took an action towards such practice, mind you..:-)

What did happen?

Training material insulting Pancasila ?? What kind of material is that ?

Kompas reported the suspension was triggered when a Kopassus trainer, who was in Australia, found teaching materials that were ridiculing the Indonesian military.

When he went to the head of the academy in Australia to complain, the trainer reportedly found other writing insulting the Indonesian state ideology of Pancasila.

The director of the Institute for Defence, Security and Peace Studies in Indonesia, Mufti Makarim, was quoted in the newspaper saying it was wrong of the Australian military to enter into Indonesian politics.

"The negative discussion about Indonesian politics in the forum of military exchange education between Indonesia and Australia is surely offensive in regards to the mutual respect between the Indonesian and Australian military," he said on Kompas.

"Therefore, it is appropriate for Indonesia and Australian co-operation to be temporarily suspended and for the Indonesian defence ministry to officially object."

Kompas reported that a cable instruction, dated December 29 from Indonesian military commander General Gatot Nurmantyo, instructed that all military co-operation, including training with the Australian Defence Force, be suspended.

Pancasila is the Indonesian state philosophy that lays out the nation's broad principles of religion, civilised humanity, social justice, democracy, and unity.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/indones...ld-for-technical-reasons-20170104-gtltai.html

Maybe it's time for Indonesia to start stomping any nuisance that creeping up around us.

Last edited:
Kompas reported the suspension was triggered when a Kopassus trainer, who was in Australia, found teaching materials that were ridiculing the Indonesian military.

When he went to the head of the academy in Australia to complain, the trainer reportedly found other writing insulting the Indonesian state ideology of Pancasila.

The director of the Institute for Defence, Security and Peace Studies in Indonesia, Mufti Makarim, was quoted in the newspaper saying it was wrong of the Australian military to enter into Indonesian politics.

"The negative discussion about Indonesian politics in the forum of military exchange education between Indonesia and Australia is surely offensive in regards to the mutual respect between the Indonesian and Australian military," he said on Kompas.

"Therefore, it is appropriate for Indonesia and Australian co-operation to be temporarily suspended and for the Indonesian defence ministry to officially object."

Kompas reported that a cable instruction, dated December 29 from Indonesian military commander General Gatot Nurmantyo, instructed that all military co-operation, including training with the Australian Defence Force, be suspended.

Pancasila is the Indonesian state philosophy that lays out the nation's broad principles of religion, civilised humanity, social justice, democracy, and unity.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/indones...ld-for-technical-reasons-20170104-gtltai.html

It was stated by TNI that this is not the main reason and they are still in investigation process and there was academical assessment of TNI's past action in East Timor in the training field.. let's see what would be the result

For me, TNI has made very significant reform inside organization and it is widely appreciated. Take a look at a life sentence given by military court to one of generals who corrupted weapons purchase. It's a very good picture how successful the reform is. Current TNI is different with the past one...

It was stated by TNI that this is not the main reason and they are still in investigation process and there was academical assessment of TNI's past action in East Timor in the training field.. let's see what would be the result.

TNI is not anti critics. So i thought... while making assessment for TNI's past action in Timor during a joint exercise would be straight rude i don't think such drastic measure would be taken, unless they did something really nasty and unacceptable... ridiculing our state ideology would be one of them.

Last edited:
It was stated by TNI that this is not the main reason and they are still in investigation process and there was academical assessment of TNI's past action in East Timor in the training field.. let's see what would be the result

Why am I not surprised?

They will never let us see the end of it, wil they?

Typical double standard. I mean, the world is nice towards Germany despite their Reich past (I like Germany myself, don't get me wrong), yet the world seemingly always spits fire at us for defending our own sovereignity.

What a time to be alive...

15535136_584930845032684_8905062986821926912_n.jpg

New year bath. Image credit to Angkasa.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised?

They will never let us see the end of it, wil they?

Typical double standard. I mean, the world is nice towards Germany despite their Reich past (I like Germany myself, don't get me wrong), yet the world seemingly always spits fire at us for defending our own sovereignity.

What a time to be alive...
Australia will never be a good neighboor, friends or allies to Indonesia, it's a well known for them to look us down, it's time to make them pay for what they done to us all this time, lets invites PLAN and Russian navy to a war games and joint patrol on timor gap, i wanted to know what their going to respond to that

Australia will never be a good neighboor, friends or allies to Indonesia, it's a well known for them to look us down, it's time to make them pay for what they done to us all this time, lets invites PLAN and Russian navy to a war games and joint patrol on timor gap, i wanted to know what their going to respond to that

We should make some adjustment and fine tuning in our approach, particulary to our immediate neighbors. Not only Australia but also ASEAN and other regional powers. Although they are not our enemies, they are all potential threat to us, either politically, economically or militarily.

15826710_383128902039242_2977115891450259535_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and we sure can play china, india, Russia, japan and united states on our bargaining chip on economic, militarily and industrial gain
We should make some adjustment and fine tuning in our approach to our particulary to our immediate neighbors. Not only Australia but also ASEAN, and other regional powers. Although they are not our enemies, but they are all potential threat to us, either politically, economically or militarily.

Why did Indonesia suspended military ties with Australia?
I didn't satisfy from claimed reasons on the web.

We should make some adjustment and fine tuning in our approach, particulary to our immediate neighbors. Not only Australia but also ASEAN and other regional powers. Although they are not our enemies, they are all potential threat to us, either politically, economically or militarily.

we can be your ally :angel:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom