What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Im sorry the article is too long ... but what is the capacity of your indigenous nuclear reactor?

I am not a nuclear expert, but we have them quite long time. It is only a research ones so not producing large energy, and in South East Asia we are the leader about this technology, Malaysian researcher are learning from us.

Nuclear Power in Indonesia

R&D
Indonesia has a number of nuclear-related facilities in operation. BATAN operates three research reactors: in Serpong, Banten on the western outskirts of Jakarta (30 MW), Bandung, west Java (2 MW), and in Yogyakarta, central Java (100 kW).

The Serpong multipurpose reactor, which started up in 1987, is intended to support the introduction of nuclear power to the country. It is in the Litbangyasa Serpong Nuclear Zone, located in the Research Centre for Science and Technology (PUSPIPTEK), Serpong. The main facility here is the 30 MW Multipurpose Reactor GA. Siwabessy (RSG-GAS), but also there are the Centre for Reactor Technology and Nuclear Safety (PTRKN), Centre for Development of Nuclear Informatics (PPIN), Nuclear Device Engineering Centre (NEDC), Radioisotope Radiofarmaka Centre (PRR), Materials Technology Centre for Nuclear Fuel (PTBGN), Radioactive Waste Technology Centre (PTLR), Nuclear Industrial Materials Technology Centre (PTBIN), Centre for Standardization and Nuclear Quality Assurance (PSJMN), and the Centre for Nuclear Technology Partnership (PKTN).

A Government-owned company, PT Batan Teknologi, produces medical and industrial isotopes (including Mo-99) for domestic needs using the facilities in Serpong.

At Yogyakarta, as well as the 100 kW Kartini research reactor there is the Teknologi Accelerator and Process Materials Centre (PTAPB) and the College of Nuclear Technology (STTN). At Bandung the country’s first research reactor was built in 1965, a small Triga mkII which was subsequently boosted to 2 MW, and the site also hosts the Nuclear Materials Technology and Radiometric Centre (PTNBR) where nuclear medicine in the country was established. Friday Market in Jakarta is a larger nuclear establishment, with Isotopes and Radiation Technology Applications Centre (PATIR), Technology Centre for Radiation Safety and Metrology (PTKMR), Nuclear Geology Development Centre (PPGN), Centre for Education and Training, and the Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology Dissemination (PDIN).

The country also has front-end capabilities in ore processing, conversion and fuel fabrication, all at a laboratory scale, though PT Batan Teknologi assembles fuel elements for the research reactors using imported US fuel. There have been no experiments in reprocessing, but BATAN operates a radwaste program including for spent fuel from the research reactors.

Uranium
There are some uranium resources in Kalimantan, and possibly West Papua. BATAN in September 2010 quoted 53,000 tonnes as high-cost resources: 29,000 t in West Kalimantan and 24,000 t in Bangka Belitung, including some associated with rare earths in monazite by-product from tin mining.

International agreements and non-proliferation
Indonesia's safeguards agreement with the IAEA under the NPT entered force in 1980 and the Additional Protocol entered force in 1999. In 1997 it signed the Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and Radioactive Waste Management.

Indonesia is like family to Pakistan

Thats true.....more Indonesia-Pakistani cooperation will benefit both of us as we've already got a strong bond with each other ! :agree:

But I don't trust @Indos 'cause he didn't treat me with any Nasi Goreng when I came to Indonesia ! :(

Indonesia is like family to Pakistan, and personally speaking , it will make a responsible nuclear power.

The truth is, if Soekarno was still leading us until, lets say 1975 (our first reactor was built in 1965), there is a great possibility that we have already become a nuclear power state now. USA makes us forget that idea.

Thats true.....more Indonesia-Pakistani cooperation will benefit both of us as we've already got a strong bond with each other ! :agree:

But I don't trust @Indos 'cause he didn't treat me with any Nasi Goreng when I came to Indonesia ! :(

Did you really come to Indonesia ??? If you are a young women, lets say, around 18 - 25 years old, of course I will pick you up from Soekarno Hatta Airport and guide you around Jakarta if you contacted me first and gave me your picture :partay:

Did you really come to Indonesia ??? If you are a young women, lets say, around 18 - 25 years old, of course I will pick you up from Soekarno Hatta Airport and guide you around Jakarta if you contacted me first and gave me your picture :partay:

Nah mate I didn't ! :(

And I'm a 24 year old dude not a woman ! :o:

Dont worry mate, just joking. We are brothers, and of course I will treat you well if you really come to Indonesia with your 18 years old sister....:D

Im sorry the article is too long ... but what is the capacity of your indigenous nuclear reactor?

Even dumber?

Much more than that... and we can mutually help eachother... Indonesia has a decent ship building capability ... not to forget the CNs.

Apart from that economic and cultural stuff is also needed between our countries.

Economic cooperation first i think, then followed by the more strategic relationship.....like military

Look what Kenyot10 at kaskus found in F-16.net .....

45 F-16 ultimately, don't know it is true or not. But regarding the Website credibility i will take my bet

1551209_20150205104008.jpg

Lockheed Martin to start production phase of major F-16 avionics upgrade

@Indos @Jakartans@PkDef @NarThoD

You 24 year old? :o:

hmmm, i think you more like a perverted middle aged man who like to flirting around with young girls when he landed in New city upon business travel. World is full of surprise then :whistle:

Economic cooperation first i think, then followed by the more strategic relationship.....like military

Look what Kenyot10 at kaskus found in F-16.net .....

45 F-16 ultimately, don't know it is true or not. But regarding the Website credibility i will take my bet

View attachment 190475

Lockheed Martin to start production phase of major F-16 avionics upgrade

@Indos @Jakartans@PkDef @NarThoD

I just see 30 pieces from that picture you gave. As we all know that there are 30 F-16 that USA will give to us, 24 will be refurbished into block 52 ( and we will pay that refurbishment) and 6 for spares (free). So, maybe all 30 F-16 is going to be refurbished any way. So we can have total 40 F-16.

I just see 30 pieces from that picture you gave. As we all know that there are 30 F-16 that USA will give to us, 24 will be refurbished into block 52 ( and we will pay that refurbishment) and 6 for spares (free). So, maybe all 30 F-16 is going to be refurbished any way. So we can have total 40 F-16.

click this links, the rest of number airframe for the aircraft has been listed there and it's match for 45

Indonesian Air Force F-16s

You 24 year old? :o:

hmmm, i think you more like a perverted middle aged man who like to flirting around with young girls when he landed in New city upon business travel. World is full of surprise then :whistle:

Did you really view me like that ? :(

I dont have any idea sis, I stick to the previous data. If it is true, so it is for replacing our F-5, and I hope we can get TOT from that.

Wait.. sis? is madokafc a girl? all this time i thought he/ i mean she was a guy.

Wait.. sis? is madokafc a girl? all this time i thought he/ i mean she was a guy.

Yes, she is a girl, just wait until I can have a date with her........:D She admit it several times also in her introductory thread, that previous picture is actually her real face based on what she said on introductory.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom