What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

You mean 21 other than 24 you got recently

Meow...

Indonesia to boost ties
with East Timor, Pakistan

Margareth S. Aritonang, The Jakarta Post | National | Fri, February 06 2015, 9:15 AM

p04-Ryamizard-jerry.thumbnail.jpg

Ryamizard Ryacudu, - JP/Jerry Adiguna
National News

Indonesia will soon have a legal foundation for its defense agreements with both East Timor and Pakistan, as the House of Representatives is expected to ratify the agreements struck between Indonesia and the two countries.

The ratification will allow Indonesia to improve joint military training, exchange intelligence information and trade weapons with both East Timor and Pakistan.

The Indonesian government began improving ties with Pakistan in 2010, when officials from both countries signed the defense agreement in Islamabad.

The cooperation with East Timor, meanwhile, was signed in 2011.

With the defense cooperation with Pakistan, Indonesia expects to enhance its ability to intercept terrorists returning from Afghanistan.

With respect to East Timor, Indonesia hopes to collaborate on border control.

“The ratification of both agreements will undoubtedly further improve our bilateral ties with East Timor and Pakistan,” Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu told lawmakers from the House Commission I overseeing defense, foreign affairs and information on Thursday.

Ryamizard added that both ratifications would include pledges not to use international courts to settle problems, encouraging the countries to find diplomate solutions to any future disputes.

Once endorsed, the agreement will require the establishment of joint committees responsible for comprehensively identifying strategic issues for both parties.

None of the 10 political factions on Commission I criticized the government’s proposal, but the majority said they wanted to ensure that the government was able to optimize benefits.

Many lawmakers said that while Indonesia could benefit from a cooperation with Pakistan, a country well-known for its defense industry, with respect to East Timor, Ithey were less sure.

“East Timor will benefit from a joint military training with us, but I don’t see any advantage that we will receive from it because we are more developed,” Andi Muhammad Ghalib of the United Development Party (PPP) said.

House Commission I has also told the government to endorse a Law No. 16/ 2012 on the defense industry that requires the transfer of technology into Indonesia from any country hoping to build defense ties with Indonesia.

“By upholding such a law, we will have the opportunity to improve our own technology in order to eventually develop our own weapons,” Commission I chairman Mahfudz Siddiq said.

- See more at: Indonesia to boost ties with East Timor, Pakistan | The Jakarta Post

nah it's part of the 24 F-16 deal

Indonesian Navy right now looking for 2 Minesweeper Ships,

TNI AL Beli Kapal Penyapu Ranjau, Berapa Harganya?

Kepala Staf TNI Angkatan Laut Laksamana Ade Supandi mengatakan lembaganya berencana membeli kapal perang baru khusus penyapu ranjau. Kapal baru tersebut akan menggantikan armada penyapu ranjau yang uzur. "Rencananya kami akan cari dua unit kapal penyapu ranjau," kata Ade kepada wartawan di Sekolah Staf dan Komando Angkatan Laut, Jakarta Selatan, Kamis, 5 Februari 2015.

Menurut Ade, dua kapal penyapu ranjau milik TNI AL, yakni KRI Pulau Rengat dan KRI Pulau Rupat, sudah tergolong uzur. Sebab, kapal jenis Tripartite class yang dibuat oleh galangan GNM (Van der Gessen de Noord Marinebouw BV) di Albasserdam, Belanda, itu sudah dipakai TNI AL sejak Maret 1988.

Meski sudah cukup berumur, KRI Pulau Rengat masih aktif dioperasikan Angkatan Laut. Belum lama ini, kapal tersebut dilibatkan dalam pencarian pesawat AirAsia QZ8501 yang hilang di Selat Karimata pada Desember lalu. Sebab, meski kapal pemburu ranjau, KRI Pulau Rengat bisa digunakan untuk menemukan benda logam di bawah air, termasuk puing pesawat. Laksamana Ade Supandi menilai keberadaan kapal penyapu ranjau sangat berguna bagi misi perang dan nonperang TNI AL.

Sayangnya, Ade Supandi masih merahasiakan besaran anggaran yang dibutuhkan untuk membeli dua kapal baru tersebut. "Yang jelas (anggaran dua kapal penyapu ranjau) sudah kami masukkan dalam rencana strategis 2015-2019," kata Ade.

Angkatan Laut juga belum bisa menentukan pilihan produk kapal penyapu ranjau yang bakal dibeli. Ade sendiri berjanji bakal mengutamakan pembelian kapal penyapu ranjau dari galangan kapal dalam negeri. "Kalau butuh beraneka alat canggih dan dalam negeri belum bisa bikin, kami akan pesan dari produsen luar negeri," kata Ade.

TNI AL Beli Kapal Penyapu Ranjau, Berapa Harganya?   | -nasional- | Tempo.co

You mean 21 other than 24 you got recently

Nope, 21 from 24 F-16, as we have taken 5 F-16 Block 52 recently, so it might be there are two additional F-16 being refurbished ( from 6 F-16 spares given to us/ Total 30)

Old News, but still interesting

Saab Group To Establish Saab Indonesia’s Strategic Partnership With Indonesia’s Defense Industry
By Advertorial on 10:38 am Nov 04, 2014

Category Advertorial, Corporate Updates
Tags: Defense Industry, Gripen, Saab Indonesia
The Swedish cutting edge aerospace and defence company has announced its expansion in Indonesia by establishing its Representative Office within the heart of the country since last year.

Saab Vice President, Peter Carlqvist, who serves as the Head of Saab Indonesia, said that Indonesia is one of the fastest growing economies in South East Asia and requires new capabilities and technologies in the defence sector.

Saab Vice President, Peter Carlqvist, who serves as the Head of Saab Indonesia, said Saab’s business model fits with Indonesia’s technology demands. (Photo courtesy of SAAB Indonesia).

“Since Indonesia is an important market in the Southeast Asia region, Saab’s business model fits the country’s current demand in which we will offer high-tech system solution products,” said Peter during a conversation at Saab’s Representative office in Indonesia.

Saab serves the global market with world-leading solutions, products and services ranging from military defence to civil security. Known for its iconic multi-role combat aircraft (MRCA), Gripen, and its long history of sophisticated naval combat systems, the company will participate in the upcoming Indo Defence Expo, which will be held from 5-8 November 2014 at the Jakarta International Expo (PRJ) Kemayoran, Jakarta, Indonesia.

“The audience will be able to see Saab’s high end products. We will definitely bring our most qualified products that are suitable for Indonesia. Besides bringing our naval combat system, the Gripen Simulator is one of the highlights, which is a replica of the cockpit with full 3D screen,” Peter said.

The Gripen brings the latest technology enabling unchallenged net-centric combat performance combined with being from the start designed to break the cost curve for both acquisition and operation, i.e. very low Life-Cycle-Cost in comparison to equally well performing multi-role fighter aircraft. “To operate a Gripen, it only costs $4700 per hour, while operating a large twin engine fighter like a Sukhoi can cost up to 10 times more,” Peter explained. “With that comparison, if chosen the Gripen, Indonesia can afford to buy a lot more high tech aircraft.”

Saab itself has long experience in providing the Gripen to other air forces such Czech, Hungarian,

South African, Thai and ETPS (Empire Test Pilot School) UK. Saab is confident that the Gripen will

also suit Indonesia’s current needs of advanced defense solutions.

The Indo Defence Expo 2014 is not the only agenda for the Company. In relation to the new President of the Republic of Indonesia, Joko Widodo, Saab is also looking to establish strategic partnerships with local universities, industries, and certainly the new Indonesian government.

Saab has been supporting substantial amounts of technological transfer throughout countries around the world by applying the triple helix model for innovation, and believes it is perfect timing to introduce that concept in Indonesia.

Peter stated that the triple helix model emphasizes on the close collaboration between academia, industries, and governments, to seek further innovation in technology. He described the process on how university students conducted research in certain technology areas with the active evaluation from the government. Once a research is believed to have strong values, the government will fund the project in cooperation with the industry.

“It’s important that the President understands the importance of creating high-tech jobs in Indonesia, not only limited for military, but also other industries that requires advanced technological skills.

Those skilled workers need to be paid well, otherwise, they will keep continuing to seek overseas jobs.

Through technology transfer, we hope to provide interesting high-tech jobs for the country,” he said.

Less than a year in, Saab has already taken a significant part in establishing its business presence in Indonesia throughout various partnerships that have been conducted with institutions such as PT. Lundin, PT. Len, PT. Dirgantara, PT. Pal and PT. Pindad.

In addition to the strategic partnerships, Saab has also provided 50 scholarships to Indonesia as a part of its commitment to the country. Selected students and professionals will be sent to Sweden and received the best education and training before sending them back to Indonesia.

“We will not only deliver products to Indonesia, but we will also deliver education, together with aircraft system, the necessary tools through life support, logistic supply, and much more. We will establish training schools, maintenance facilities, as well as connecting Indonesia with the global corporation. This will be very beneficial for Indonesia,” said Peter.

Saab Group To Establish Saab Indonesia's Strategic Partnership With Indonesia's Defense Industry - The Jakarta Globe

I am not a nuclear expert, but we have them quite long time. It is only a research ones so not producing large energy, and in South East Asia we are the leader about this technology, Malaysian researcher are learning from us.
Really good. :D ... Indonesia want to built factory for Isotope in US. old news in 2013
Indonesian Firm Seeks to Build Nuclear Medicine Factory in US
Jakarta Globe

Indonesia’s state-owned nuclear technology firm Batan Teknologi (BatanTek) plans to build a nuclear medicine factory in the United States by 2013 to produce radioisotopes for the US market.

Indonesia’s State Enterprises Minister Dahlan Iskan said on Tuesday that BatanTek’s president director, Yudiutomo Imardjoko, was currently in the United States to negotiate details of the plan with US officials, among others.

He said the subsidiary of the National Atomic Energy Agency (Batan) has been exporting radioisotopes for medical purposes to several countries in Southeast Asia, and will start shipping them to China and Japan as well next month.

The US market has also expressed interest in BatanTek products. However, shipping is problematic due to radioisotopes’ nuclear instability, thus the plan to build a production factory in the United States.

“I’ve approved of [the factory proposal]; we expect to conquer the US [radioisotope] market,” Dahlan said, adding that BatanTek had developed a new radioisotope technology that even the United States did not yet have.

He further said construction of the factory was expected to be completed in 2013, and that BatanTek was in the process of recruiting Indonesian graduates with nuclear expertise to prepare for its operations.

“We will also coordinate with the state minister for research and technology [to support the operations],” Dahlan said.

Last edited:
“I’ve approved of [the factory proposal]; we expect to conquer the US [radioisotope] market,” Dahlan said, adding that BatanTek had developed a new radioisotope technology that even the United States did not yet have.

Good news, I hope they really can penetrate the market, the necessary effort after having a good product and sufficient working infrastructure is a good marketing department. I hope they can have good market share there.

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S
17:14 05.02.2015

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Indonesian Air Force plans to buy more sophisticated fighter jets to replace its aging US-made Northrop F-5 Tiger II fleet, and is considering Russian Sukhoi Su-35 (Flanker-E) jets, Indonesian Air Force chief Agus Supriatna said.

"We hope the government fulfills our wish to purchase Sukhoi SU-35s. All can place orders, but we, as the operators, want jets over generation 4 to be ordered," Supriatna said, as quoted by the Antara News agency Wednesday.
One of the reasons to buy the Su-35S is that Russian jets are much easier to maintain than US fighter jets, Supriatna stated.
In January, Russian Ambassador to Indonesia Mikhail Galuzin said that Moscow wanted to maintain military cooperation between the two counties and hopes that the agreement to supply Sukhoi jets to Indonesia would be signed.
The Su-35 is a single-seat fighter jet, an upgraded modification of the Su-27. China is currently planning to buy 24 Russian-produced Su-35 jets.

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S / Sputnik International

Indonesian Air Force Plans to Replace US F-5 Tiger Jets With Russian Su-35S

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, hope everything goes as planned. But.... central goverment should already decide it by now... we already bombarded with this news since last year.

I dont have any idea sis, I stick to the previous data. If it is true, so it is for replacing our F-5, and I hope we can get TOT from that.
I hope the gov didnt choose f 16 block 60 as a tiger replacement, still hoping for su 35, and not just for one squadron but three....

Meow...

Indonesia to boost ties
with East Timor, Pakistan

Margareth S. Aritonang, The Jakarta Post | National | Fri, February 06 2015, 9:15 AM

p04-Ryamizard-jerry.thumbnail.jpg

Ryamizard Ryacudu, - JP/Jerry Adiguna
National News

Indonesia will soon have a legal foundation for its defense agreements with both East Timor and Pakistan, as the House of Representatives is expected to ratify the agreements struck between Indonesia and the two countries.

The ratification will allow Indonesia to improve joint military training, exchange intelligence information and trade weapons with both East Timor and Pakistan.

The Indonesian government began improving ties with Pakistan in 2010, when officials from both countries signed the defense agreement in Islamabad.

The cooperation with East Timor, meanwhile, was signed in 2011.

With the defense cooperation with Pakistan, Indonesia expects to enhance its ability to intercept terrorists returning from Afghanistan.

With respect to East Timor, Indonesia hopes to collaborate on border control.

“The ratification of both agreements will undoubtedly further improve our bilateral ties with East Timor and Pakistan,” Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu told lawmakers from the House Commission I overseeing defense, foreign affairs and information on Thursday.

Ryamizard added that both ratifications would include pledges not to use international courts to settle problems, encouraging the countries to find diplomate solutions to any future disputes.

Once endorsed, the agreement will require the establishment of joint committees responsible for comprehensively identifying strategic issues for both parties.

None of the 10 political factions on Commission I criticized the government’s proposal, but the majority said they wanted to ensure that the government was able to optimize benefits.

Many lawmakers said that while Indonesia could benefit from a cooperation with Pakistan, a country well-known for its defense industry, with respect to East Timor, Ithey were less sure.

“East Timor will benefit from a joint military training with us, but I don’t see any advantage that we will receive from it because we are more developed,” Andi Muhammad Ghalib of the United Development Party (PPP) said.

House Commission I has also told the government to endorse a Law No. 16/ 2012 on the defense industry that requires the transfer of technology into Indonesia from any country hoping to build defense ties with Indonesia.

“By upholding such a law, we will have the opportunity to improve our own technology in order to eventually develop our own weapons,” Commission I chairman Mahfudz Siddiq said.

- See more at: Indonesia to boost ties with East Timor, Pakistan | The Jakarta Post
What kind of agreement are we talking about ?

I hope the gov didnt choose f 16 block 60 as a tiger replacement, still hoping for su 35, and not just for one squadron but three....

As long as they give us TOT that can be used for KFX/IFX program I am into it. Of course, an ideal acquisition is a double engine fighters like Su 35 considering our geographical wide, it also has AESA and other things. There is a good chance though that Russia at this time will give us some TOT as well. And by seeing how bad Russia economy is Today, I believe that they will be very grateful if we finally choose Su 35.

As long as they give us TOT that can be used for KFX/IFX program I am into it. Of course, an ideal acquisition is a double engine fighters like Su 35 considering our geographical wide, it also has AESA and other things. There is a good chance though that Russia at this time will give us some TOT as well. And by seeing how bad Russia economy is Today, I believe that they will be very grateful if we finally choose Su 35.
But what kind of tot can we gain from russia considering our poor ability in millitary technology, aesa radar?? I doubt it, probably airframe but hopely missile.

Russian kickback for us?

Service center, learning center for Russian school, scholarships and several offset in economics package programme

Back
Top Bottom