What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I
:lol:

:rofl:bener bener apess dehh.. i cant imagine, how desperate ForMil member if our Gov chooses F16 :lol:

I think that would be chosen by the government later is F16 or Grippen because maybe in MEF 2 we also will buy AEW C using CN 295 or Saab platform. Thats mean, we will buy stuff from NATO again, Not Russian fighter.

Btw my choice is EF Typhoon.
If it have to be american stuff, why the hell not f 35 instead rather than f 16......seriously in mef2 indo is planning for aewacs?? Can we have israeli aewacs and radars, russian plane, swedish datalink instead.....

Personally I would pick Grippen.. based on 100% ToT in their proposal, plus I like the looks. :)

2275534.jpg

Interesting to see Russian offering us their Su -35 S variant which is a standard Su-35 BM for their Air force fleet.

Su 35 S :

Performance
  • Maximum speed:
    • At altitude: Mach 2.25 (2,390 km/h, 1,490 mph)
    • At sea level: Mach 1.15 (1,400 km/h, 870 mph)
  • Range:
    • At altitude: 3,600 km (1,940 nmi)
    • At sea level: 1,580 km (850 nmi)
Avionics

Typhoon is a big no if Indonesia intent to hold a large number of Squadron fighter, considering their additional cost and limited roles for their early model..... the only saving grace for Typhoon is EADS has a close relationship with PT DI.

To keeping between Flanker and Falcon is the best combination any country ever dream off

Personally I would pick Grippen.. based on 100% ToT in their proposal, plus I like the looks. :)

they not put 100 % tot in their proposal but offset ......

Just hope for the best, that su 35 will be the one that our gov choose....
2275534.jpg

2275534.jpg

Interesting to see Russian offering us their Su -35 S variant which is a standard Su-35 BM for their Air force fleet.

Su 35 S :

Performance
  • Maximum speed:
    • At altitude: Mach 2.25 (2,390 km/h, 1,490 mph)
    • At sea level: Mach 1.15 (1,400 km/h, 870 mph)
  • Range:
    • At altitude: 3,600 km (1,940 nmi)
    • At sea level: 1,580 km (850 nmi)
Avionics

What is the difference between 35s and 35bm? is the BM using AESA?

Indonesia should consider F-18

Typhoon is a big no if Indonesia intent to hold a large number of Squadron fighter, considering their additional cost and limited roles for their early model..... the only saving grace for Typhoon is EADS has a close relationship with PT DI.

To keeping between Flanker and Falcon is the best combination any country ever dream off

they not put 100 % tot in their proposal but offset ......

Purchase 12-18 of the F16s, and Indonesia SHOULD also get 2-3 squadrons of F18s.

Why that we wanted f18 if we already have su 30, i think its enough that we have 36 f16 block52, what we need is heavy fighter like su35.....

What is the difference between 35s and 35bm? is the BM using AESA?

As far as I know Su 35 S is a standard version of Su 35 BM for Russian Air Force so at least it is not an export version of Su 35. Nope, both of them don't use AESA but still incorporate some STEALTH technology like using radar absorbing material and with canopy who can reflect radar wave.

Yup, our Su 35 should have AESA like PAKFA, for me maybe it is better to wait if they don't give us AESA. Some lesson should be taken from our Su 27 experience having dogfights with Aussie F-18 Superhornet at Darwin (practice), we can beat them only in close range combat and lost in long range one since Superhornet has better radar than our Sukhoi. The thing that is problematic is that we still don't know their AESA radar capability. Why dont they use AESA in their Su 35 S fleet yet ??? Is it really superior than Irbis-E passived array radar.

Just take a look at Irbis-E :

Irbis-E is an advanced multi-mode, hybrid passive electronically scanned array radar system developed by Tikhomirov NIIP for the Su-35BM multi-purpose fighter aircraft. NIIP developed the new radar based on the Bars radar system provided to Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA aircraft.

Design

Irbis-E development started in 2004 and the first radar prototype entered flight tests on board an Su-30M2 aircraft acting as a test bed in early 2007. The resulting radar system provides air-to-air, air-to-sea and air-to-ground (ground mapping, Doppler beam sharpening and Synthetic Aperture Radar modes) modes with improved performance in intense clutter environments compared to its predecessor, the Bars system. In addition, Irbis has been designed to detect low and super-low observable/stealth airborne threats.

This is an X-waveband multi-role radar with a passive phased antenna array (PAA) mounted on a two-step hydraulic drive unit (in azimuth and roll). The antenna device scans by an electronically controlled beam in azimuth and angle of elevation in sectors not smaller than 60°. The two-step electro-hydraulic drive unit additionally turns the antenna by mechanic means to 60° in azimuth and 120° in roll. Thus, in using the electronic control and mechanical additional turn of the antenna, the maximum deflection angle of the beam grows to 120°.[1] The Irbis-E is a direct evolution of the BARS design, but significantly more powerful. While the hybrid phased array antenna is retained, the noise figure is slightly worse at 3.5 dB, but the receiver has four rather than three discrete channels. The biggest change is in the EGSP-27 transmitter, where the single 7-kilowatt peak power rated Chelnok TWT is replaced with a pair of 10-kilowatt peak power rated Chelnok tubes, ganged to provide a total peak power rating of 20 kilowatts. The radar is cited at an average power rating of 5 kilowatts, with 2 kilowatts CW rating for illumination. NIIP claim twice the bandwidth and improved frequency agility over the BARS, and better ECCM capability. The Irbis-E has new Solo-35.01 digital signal processor hardware and Solo-35.02 data processor, but retains receiver hardware, the master oscillator and exciter of the BARS. A prototype has been in flight test since late 2005.[2]

Operational features
Irbis-E can detect and track up to 30 airborne targets at one time at ranges near 400 kilometers, and attack up to 8. In air-to-surface mode the Irbis-E provides mapping allowing to attack four surface targets with precision-guided weapons while scanning the horizon searching for airborne threats that can be engaged using active radar homing missiles.

It can detect a target with RCS 3m2 at up to 400 km, (towards each other, in the area of 100 square degrees)

Irbis-E - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ngibul to Sweeden. Gripen kan pesawatnya gado-gado ada teknologi dr US ama inggris juga.

I know that not all part of Grippen are SAAB's intellectual property.. but if they do willing to share their recipe then setidaknya kita bisa belajar bikin pesawat gado-gado yang bagus dari mereka. Bukankah KFX/IFX basically pesawat gado2 juga?

Is the gandiwa defeloped from super puma, i think its best to purchase apache or turkish atak rather than this

I know that not all part of Grippen are SAAB's intellectual property.. but if they do willing to share their recipe then setidaknya kita bisa belajar bikin pesawat gado-gado yang bagus dari mereka. Bukankah KFX/IFX basically pesawat gado2 juga?
BcC3hKPCQAAOsaS_zps2d29e1d3.jpg

AIR_JAS-39_Gripen_NG_Brazilian_Components_Saab_lg.jpg

Jane%C2%B4s.jpg

Is the gandiwa defeloped from super puma, i think its best to purchase apache or turkish atak rather than this
I choose Apache or Ka-52.. :-)
lol. basicly gandhiwa from developed from N bell
gandhiwa.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure from n bell, from the first picture, it look like it developed from super puma, making it look like mi 24 hind, but on the second pic it in deed developed from nbell thus making it look like super cobras, which version is the right one??

Maybe This is our Gandhiwa Project, not look like helicopter attack
View attachment 190972

That looks like Eurocopter Tiger I believe, the second picture is Gandiwa

Are you sure from n bell, from the first picture, it look like it developed from super puma, making it look like mi 24 hind, but on the second pic it in deed developed from nbell thus making it look like super cobras, which version is the right one??

Second One.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom