What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Foreign force behind chaotic protests over Job Creation Law: Prabowo

Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto says foreign interference is behind the series of nationwide rallies against the Job Creation Law and called out protesters for falling for disinformation.

Myself suspecting Russia for this though. They are using "active measures" like everywhere, spreading disinformations to pro-trump conspiracy theorist QAnon, even to BLM movement which they are really different with QAnon.

Screenshot_20201013-190138_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20201013-190110_Facebook.jpg

🤔 🤫

Inconsequential babbling as always huh...

WHAT? Austrian Typhoon still on table?
I thought they'll forget the idea if they acquire JSF... :omghaha:

Our president is a military antusias too?
Ngikutin juga dia berita2 kayak gitu?

you know, they are mulling to replace Russian fighter with Delta wing European cannard, to let them retire until they exhausted the Airframe usable time. So the Air Force in near future will altered between European and US (including SoKor) tech only. This will satisfy most of the stakeholder, and purse of some people keep balanced.
Myself suspecting Russia for this though. They are using "active measures" like everywhere, spreading disinformations to pro-trump conspiracy theorist QAnon, even to BLM movement which they are really different with QAnon.

they don't have much stakes and interest here, China, Vietnam or Malaysia do!!!

China is the only country that known for using disinformation from 3 countries you just say. But, you have to know to, Russia ever meddling in unimportant country too, that country was Madagascar. World chess game is happening everywhere.

Turkish Defence Companies Survey Indonesian Warships for Possible Upgrade Opportunities

13 Oktober 2020

Diponegoro class and Bung Tomo class (photo : Radialv)

A delegation of Turkish defence industry officials has arrived in Indonesia to survey nine Indonesian Navy (Tentara Nasional Indonesia – Angkatan Laut: TNI-AL) warships, and assess the suitability of each of the platforms for weapon upgrades.
The delegation, which consists mostly of engineers and executives from Aselsan, arrived at the headquarters of Armada II in Surabaya on 12 October for two days of surveys. Also present in the delegation are officials from defence software company, Havelsan, and Turkish shipbuilder, STM.
These surveys were followed by a meeting with state-owned shipbuilder PT PAL on 13 October, an industry source has informed Janes .
The delegation will then proceed with a visit to the headquarters of Armada in Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, on 14 October to continue with its survey of the selected warships, and this will be followed by meetings with state-owned defence electronics company PT Len, and private shipbuilders PT Daya Radar Utama (DRU) and PT Tesco Indomaritim.

KRI Oswald Siahaan, Ahmad Yani class (photo : TNI AL)
9 major surface combatant ship
Documents provided to Janes indicate that the warships being surveyed are namely the TNI-AL’s entire fleet of four Diponegoro-class corvettes (365–368), three Ahmad Yani-class frigates, KRI Yos Sudarso (353), KRI Oswald Siahaan (354), KRI Abdul Halim Perdanakusuma (355), and two Bung Tomo-class corvettes, KRI Bung Tomo (357) and KRI John Lie (358).
Among the objectives of the survey are to determine the structural condition and electrical infrastructure of each warship, and to recommend if the vessels can be armed with weapons such as the Aselsan SMASH 30 mm remote-controlled weapon station (RCWS).
(Jane's)
you know, they are mulling to replace Russian fighter with Delta wing European cannard, to let them retire until they exhausted the Airframe usable time. So the Air Force in near future will altered between European and US (including SoKor) tech only. This will satisfy most of the stakeholder, and purse of some people keep balanced.

Turkish Defence Companies Survey Indonesian Warships for Possible Upgrade Opportunities

13 Oktober 2020

Diponegoro class and Bung Tomo class (photo : Radialv)

A delegation of Turkish defence industry officials has arrived in Indonesia to survey nine Indonesian Navy (Tentara Nasional Indonesia – Angkatan Laut: TNI-AL) warships, and assess the suitability of each of the platforms for weapon upgrades.
The delegation, which consists mostly of engineers and executives from Aselsan, arrived at the headquarters of Armada II in Surabaya on 12 October for two days of surveys. Also present in the delegation are officials from defence software company, Havelsan, and Turkish shipbuilder, STM.
These surveys were followed by a meeting with state-owned shipbuilder PT PAL on 13 October, an industry source has informed Janes .
The delegation will then proceed with a visit to the headquarters of Armada in Tanjung Priok, North Jakarta, on 14 October to continue with its survey of the selected warships, and this will be followed by meetings with state-owned defence electronics company PT Len, and private shipbuilders PT Daya Radar Utama (DRU) and PT Tesco Indomaritim.

KRI Oswald Siahaan, Ahmad Yani class (photo : TNI AL)
9 major surface combatant ship
Documents provided to Janes indicate that the warships being surveyed are namely the TNI-AL’s entire fleet of four Diponegoro-class corvettes (365–368), three Ahmad Yani-class frigates, KRI Yos Sudarso (353), KRI Oswald Siahaan (354), KRI Abdul Halim Perdanakusuma (355), and two Bung Tomo-class corvettes, KRI Bung Tomo (357) and KRI John Lie (358).
Among the objectives of the survey are to determine the structural condition and electrical infrastructure of each warship, and to recommend if the vessels can be armed with weapons such as the Aselsan SMASH 30 mm remote-controlled weapon station (RCWS).
(Jane's)
Ahmad yani class will carry AShM again?
Why don't let Thales-LEN handle the rest of bung tomo class? (Just like what they do to KRI 359)

Ahmad yani class will carry AShM again?
Why don't let Thales-LEN handle the rest of bung tomo class? (Just like what they do to KRI 359)

it seems Prabowo already know if Aselsan product can compete with their European peer and can give solution in bulk terms at competitive prices
index.jpg

Prabowo to visit Austria to talk about possible Typhoon jet fighter deal: Leaked document

Novan Iman Santosa
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta / Tue, October 13, 2020 / 02:11 pm

user posted image

Austria's first Eurofighter Typhoon lands at the military airport in the small village of Zeltweg in July 2007. (Reuters/Leonhard Foeger)

Defense Minister Prabowo is scheduled to visit Austria later this month to discuss the possible purchase of Eurofighter Typhoon jet fighters after his much-anticipated visit to the United States from Oct. 15 to 19.

Prabowo is expected to also visit France, Germany and Turkey, although there is no official confirmation yet from the Defense Ministry other than for his visit to the US. The ministry’s head of public relations, Brig. Gen. Djoko Purwanto, referred journalists to Prabowo’s spokesman Dahnil Simanjuntak, who was not available for comment.

The series of visits is believed to be aimed at cementing deals for the procurement of weaponry and for defense industry cooperation to help domestic companies meet the so-called Minimum Essential Force (MEF) targets by 2024.

Based on a leaked document, Prabowo sent a letter dated Oct. 8 to his Austrian counterpart Klaudia Tanner, thanking her for a letter dated Sept. 4 in response to Prabowo’s initial letter dated July 10.

“We are in the middle of procuring vital [defense] equipment to protect our national territory and citizens, thus following [up on] our proposal [regarding] the Austrian Eurofighter [airplanes],” Prabowo said in the letter, a copy of which was received by the The Jakarta Post from an Austrian source.

“In light of the above, I would like to pay a courtesy call at a time of Your Excellency’s convenience.”

Prabowo added that he would be in Vienna on Oct. 20 and hoped to could use the occasion to discusses issues of mutual concern regarding defense.

Read more: https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/10...d-document.html

No more Apache please, it is drone era already. Better we focus with our own black eagle MALE UCAV development.

I thought you're gonna say "no more Apache please, now it's time for us to buy AH-1Z Viper!"

That's the thing I'd agree.

Wondering why we're never interested in either AH-1Z Viper or AH-1 SuperCobra. Especially now we're said to be interested to buy LDH.

I thought you're gonna say "no more Apache please, now it's time for us to buy AH-1Z Viper!"

That's the thing I'd agree.

Wondering why we're never interested in either AH-1Z Viper or AH-1 SuperCobra. Especially now we're said to be interested to buy LDH.
We cross that bridge when we get there . Never bite anything more off that you can chew ..

We cross that bridge when we get there . Never bite anything more off that you can chew ..

Thought i always believe, Apache which had been designed very much later after Cobra is a much much advanced Attack helicopter in the market we can get and we got the E variants in which contemporary with what US Army itself using right now.

Apache-HMS-Queen-Elizabeth-1014x487.jpg

Alright man. In the meantime I leave this here to admire. And yes, you're looking at AIM-9 Sidewinder at both wing tip.

viper.jpg

Last edited:
Thought i always believe, Apache which had been designed very much later after Cobra is a much much advanced Attack helicopter in the market we can get and we got the E variants in which contemporary with what US Army itself using right now.

Apache-HMS-Queen-Elizabeth-1014x487.jpg
Well , to be honest even much of their NG stock haven't even been converted to E series as yet ...
so , yeah .. we allready have cream of the crop hence i believe much of prabowo's confidence were come from this
instance case one .

No more kaleng2 mentaliy without even bother to check the garage's adequacy and money under the bantal

Hurrah ....

Alright man. For now I leave this here to admire. And yes, you're looking at two AIM-9 Sidewinders at both wing tip.

View attachment 679049
Apache can use stinger actually.
And why bother about their A to A capability?
it's not even their purpose.
HellFire? Apache can use it too..
Hydra pod? Apache's is bigger.
Longbow radar? Cobra don't have something like that.
Apache guardian can fly higher too because of stronger engine.

Not far from what they formulated lately, ex F-16 Norway will be acquired along with Typhoon ex Austrian, meanwhile they want to get F-35 as nodes or playmaker in the field. The Air Force will trying to get on hand P8A Poseidon and require them more as ISTAR platform meanwhile Navy P8A will be worked more on ASW/ASuW platform. From the Turkey, they keep demanding the EW version of ANKA and some UCAV technology will be implemented on Black Eagle. The Army will get their hand on more Apache to get the work in tandem with AirForce assets like F-16 and some UAV we will acquire in near future, thus Chinook and V22 Osprey will be worked as part of Spec Ops units mobility tools working with our C4ISR units.

Even Jokowi rather get shocked to see how much damage can be delivered by precision technology at rather very short times. Thus when seeing on how lack we are in the platform number and key technology he put his trust on Prabowo to aleviate the ailment on our Armed Forces.
I second this information, the variants and source of the fighters might be different but @Nike have given us what seems to be the big picture of the plan.

President Jokowi's speech in HUT TNI clearly said we need more advanced technology and SDM, simply stating the importance of technology leap/advancement in our next def purchase.

Like I said in my previouse post, the main course will decide what the appetizer and the dessert. The million dollar question is who will get the main course? US or Europe? I just hope the talk between our Menhan and US can produce a good platform to strengthen the def cooperation with MUTUAL benefit because it is important for us to get closer to US side at this moment for obvious reason.

Btw I have a feeling we might get F-35 eventho it can only be in small numbers for now #crossedfinger :D
Afterall US know the Mr.Prabowo is one of strong candidate for 2024 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom