What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

DSME has strong supports from KKI & PT.PAL, strong enough to ensure 2nd batch continuation. I posted previously which showed greater local participation in 2nd batch ( 1st one was 9 Millions US$ out of 1 Billion US$ while 2nd one would be 15% work of share from contract value which around 1.2 Billion US$ ). What we should be thinking is about what comes after 2nd batch, The Ministry indicates a plan for something equipped with AIP in years to come.
Bro the original plan is to build 9 DSME/PAL 209/1400 class sub. So if the 2nd batch will only order for 3 units, then the next batch is another 3 units. They have the ace card that can beat all other brands. Gomen already invested and will invest more (PMN) in 209/1400 class KS. Nothing can beat that. Not even the always-there-in-the-list Kilo class heheh

Well the contract for 3rd batch is still far ahead anything now is still speculative though i agree with you, considering long term partnership, greater participation & existing facillity i suppose we should go for DSME 2000
Well I like that sub too!! but just like 209/1400 class, nobody using/ordering it. Please no more unproven designed sub. Enough with DSME 209/1400.

That's what I am getting out of this. And that is a very BIG issue considering his track record of impulsivity.
Well, if US want their stuff to be picked, I hope Mark Esper is clever enough not to push him to hard or offer a very good deals.

Or maybe invite him to US if possible..

Well, if US want their stuff to be picked, I hope Mark Esper is clever enough not to push him to hard or offer a very good deals.

Or maybe invite him to US if possible..
This is why its not a good idea to have a mindef thats easily gets offended for such truvial things. Personal issues should not clout his judgement for the sake of military modernization. Hopefully he can clear his mind and make the best possible desicion in regards with our future military procurements.

Last edited:
Simulator for Astros II?

EfNECj_UEAANC-t.jpeg
EfNECj2U8AABpjj.jpeg
EfNECjuUEAYK4B-.jpeg

Sounds like it. I believe i've read somewhere that we do already have the simulator for the astros, I'm just unsure if its the whole package or not since they only showed the rockets sim on the picture and not the actual ballistic computer simulator.

Hope we can get the complete package

View attachment 661348
Is this a good thing?
Isn't it supposed to be the users that got priorities?
It can be good and bad at the same time. If MenHan has a bright people around him it can be good, but it can go the other way around. I personaly like Pak SS being on his side tho I am hoping he has more younger people who understand the current defense technology.

No way Komcad has that big! I dont buy that. Goodness gracious....if its true then I dont even have words to say :suicide2:

But again, this literally just proves my point about not blindly trusting official publications from MenHan or BUMN. Those two have never gotten along great with the end users. If you add politics to procurement of course certain things will take a backseat.
It happens in other country as well man. Industry pushing their products, govt def branch wants things that can fulfill the overall strategy and end users want something that they can easily use/easy to maintain/easy to operate/etc. To be fair in our own case for example: there might be few cases where the end user having problem filing their own technical upgrade request due to lack of knowledge in current technology update of their own asset.

Back
Top Bottom