What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

There are few things interesting in our upcoming Kemenhan budget projection

http://www.koran-jakarta.com/anggaran-kemenhan-pada-2021-ditambah/

"program dukungan manajemen sebesar 76,28 triliun rupiah", What the heck is this program dukungan manajemen? Thats alot of numbers, some of it is part of KFX? Compare to this "program modernisasi alutsista, non alutsista dan sarpras pertahanan 42,65 triliun rupiah"

"Dukungan pengadaan/penggantian pesawat udara dan lainnya sebanyak 4 unit," tulis dokumen tersebut
So whats going to be? :D

Better came with Doosan Cang hoo class aka KSS III
Idk man, do they even have one running already? I am uncomfortable of buying paper submarine compare to proven design, just like our 1400 Changbogo. Korea never made 1400 CBG before, and if we going to get this one again we better dang sure our Navy (specially Hiu Kencana PATI) have already giving the green light. I heard negative thoughts about this design but I hope its just a rumour. Or at least they fix it in this 2nd batch.

Last edited:
That's not rumour when China in fact capable to build their own fifth generation fighter in build and suited for their own network centric warfare, had their own Made JHMSC, had their very long range BVR missile, had their more advance AESA radar thanks to the more advance electronic and components industrial power of China compared to Russia. That's a fact and not rumour!!!
China also has larger GDP and budgets than Russia itself, it's not surprising that the Chinese military has grown more rapidly in recent years.

That's not rumour when China in fact capable to build their own fifth generation fighter in build and suited for their own network centric warfare, had their own Made JHMSC, had their very long range BVR missile, had their more advance AESA radar thanks to the more advance electronic and components industrial power of China compared to Russia. That's a fact and not rumour!!!

All are valid points, but you're still missing the point that I was trying to make as you won't see the US buy Russian downgraded technologies in order to reverse engineer them.

Last edited:
We also need to think how to improve local content being used, our BUMN should reach out to foreign partner for partnership (kita belum mampu mengembangkan teknologi sendiri).
More submarine will be ordered in the future, opportunity for our local company to expand their portfolio yw try to get a share of the pie.t

I'm looking at ya LEN.
I know even for the next batch, our participation will mostly about the hull instead of subsystems & software related parts. There were talks about our involvement on battery section though, this one between our local private company with counterparts from Germany or Australia, it's been a couple or 3 years ago, i don't remember much.

"program dukungan manajemen sebesar 76,28 triliun rupiah", What the heck is this program dukungan manajemen? Thats alot of numbers, some of it is part of KFX? Compare to this "program modernisasi alutsista, non alutsista dan sarpras pertahanan 42,65 triliun rupiah"

Idk man, do they even have one running already? I am uncomfortable of buying paper submarine compare to proven design, just like our 1400 Changbogo. Korea never made 1400 CBG before, and if we going to get this one again we better dang sure our Navy (specially Hiu Kencana PATI) have already giving the green light. I heard negative thoughts about this design but I hope its just a rumour. Or at least they fix it in this 2nd batch.
The design is fine; it's proven one from Howaldtswerke Type-209 but when you sliced the budget & changed the subsystems from original specs ( original Type-209 Class use ATLAS made CMS instead of Kongsberg ones for example ), there goes the problem.

Kfx supposed to be come from this:
"untuk program riset, industri, dan pendidikan tinggi pertahanan sebesar 543,8 miliar rupiah"

Just 4 aircraft? nanggung amat!
Is it so advance that we have to get it, even in small number?
Ehem.. ehem.. petir.. ehem...:omghaha:

The fund is limited nowadays, better to invest more on APC and IFV first they can be used directly to support units in Poso and Papua.

I am agree on you, better use that 18 medium tank first, see the weakness and consult to Pindad for further development for the next batch acquisition. I prefer low production rate first until 2024 unless there is big order coming from Philippine.

PT LEN Industry recent video, so there will likely be a connection made between Indonesian Sukhoi and F 16

upload_2020-8-16_15-43-53.png

PT LEN Industry recent video, so there will likely be a connection made between Indonesian Sukhoi and F 16

View attachment 661340

Ga ada bahasan sukhoinya gan..
Aircraft on the picture are F16 and c295 or herky.

What I could interpret from the picture is they'll use link16 for the air force and link-y for navy. So they somehow can instal Link16 to sukhoi huh? Is that what you want to say?

Last edited:
How the tank was rear heavy and looked "mendongak" which was already explained by the designer himself that it was intentionally made that way to help the tank climb certain degrees of obstacles as per stated in the opsreq.
The tracks and hull is designed to cross obstacle to a certain height, but the tank mendongak so much when its moving. Yeah mendongak so much will help to cross obstacle but surely you don't wanna cross an obstacle at full speed while the tank is very mendongak so it will be easier to cross taller obstacle.
images

Lumayan mendongak, kalau jalan tambah.

2. The high profile would have been a fatal flaw if the Harimau was designed as a tank destroyer like the Centauro, but Harimau was intended to act more in the battlefield fire support and flanking maneuver role.
The size requirement is 7 × 3.5 × 2.5 m (max).
ucycu~01.jpg

Its not a flaw when Harimau size is still within the req size.
ycyfyff~01.jpg

3. Again, the decision to use the 105 mm was due to the tank's intended role. They could've installed the 120 mm gun if Pussenkav wanted a tank destroyer instead, but how many 120 mm rounds could the tiny turret hold as opposed the 105 mm rounds? Your Pussenkav commander must have known more about this than he make it out to be.
The requirement is 105mm.

4. A tank designed in 2016 only had marginal improvements compared to the Scorpion which were purchased in the 1990's? I know a lot of people who will disagree with this statement almost immediately.
MMWT is better than the oldies.

Its still a prototype its not surprising to have problem there and there, for every batch of production improvement is needed.

I am agree on you, better use that 18 medium tank first, see the weakness and consult to Pindad for further development for the next batch acquisition. I prefer low production rate first until 2024 unless there is big order coming from Philippine.

Hope we can counter trade them with Czech Pandur, as Czech need new tank for their fleets.

Ga ada bahasan sukhoinya gan..
Aircraft on the picture are F16 and c295 or herky.

What I could interpret from the picture is they'll use link16 for the air force and link-y for navy. So they somehow can instal Link16 to sukhoi huh? Is that what you want to say?

What I want to say is that they can use link TNI and Multilink gateway to connect to each other. Link 16 and Sukhoi link will be connected through them.

Back
Top Bottom