What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

WAIT, i dont know you guys are aware of it but, since the hercules procurement is sinking and arise of the mv 22 ospreys order, i think the ospreys are pengadaan herkules yang dialihkan, i dont know, this is just my speculation, please , i want to hear the your oppinon
No way,
Hercules is air force's heavy lift aircraft procurement program.
Osprey is army's heavy lift helicopter program (rivalnya chinook)
Completely different

lots of surprise in this weekend...
first some advanced country offer their 2nd hand frigates, second MoD interested to Austria EF, MoD considering Globemaster, then MoF support MoD for shopping spree?

And then this Alman tweet?
There was a Globemaster with TNI-AU markings.
puna male actually BPPT program, just like @mandala said PT DI got job to assembly, the project long time start before pendemic when PT DI engineer still in sokor

https://www.bppt.go.id/layanan-informasi-publik/3814-bppt-luncurkan-prototype-puna-male-elang-hitam
Yup. Like i said treat AH tweets with a truck loads of salt.

globemaster with tni au markings? i haven't seen yet, hope it can be reality
Indonesian Air Force 31st Air Squadron posted in their Instagram with a caption:

“Alutsista untuk Skadron angkut berat masa depan dan semoga dapat terealisasikan amin… A-1701 C-17 Globe Master”.

c-17-globemaster-iii-dengan-livery-tni-au-skadron-udara-31.png

https://lancerdefense.com/2019/09/18/skadron-udara-31-inginkan-c-17-globe-master-di-masa-depan/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/b...wdBpyB0EdU8mj0WHJZzQhBb5QwiGoA1uCWBQjYjjj-lVo
maybe this is one of the considerations, even if the jet is secondhand, it says that Austrian rarely fly the jets.
"The Typhoons take off so rarely that, at current usage rates, the airframes could last for centuries with adequate upkeep. Unlike, say, U.S. Navy F/A-18s, which fly so often that the Americans worry about them wearing out after just 20 years of use".

Actually i was referring to his tweets about most of those engineers are the ones currently involved in MALE UAV and the rest in N219 & CN235 programs. As i know of the MALE UAV is a BPPT Project and their engineers are the ones working in this program and at that time PTDI KF-X engineers were still in South Korea. PTDI only build the airframe in the MALE UAV Programs. I just want to correct AH tweets that those engineers would jeopardize PTDI programs. Got nothing to do with prestige.

According to BPPT director, PTDI supervise the design of MALE UAV and they also have some design work.

BPPT has been trusted by TAI to test their UAV like ANKA and Aksungur through BBTA3 since 2008, they also have made several UAV before. The collaboration of BPPT and PTDI in MALE UAV will make them share experience and data to each other and build our capability in designing srategict UAV like MALE as well as the production. I believe UAV program is the best one to start developing many aircraft subsystem.

The cost is just too expensive which is why the Austrians decided to just retire it and get more cost-effective single engine like the Gripen or F-16

Yes, I do take his tweet with a grain of salt, thats why I said 'something to consider'. Despite this, his previous tweets might have a point. PT DI could benefit and dominate more when focused and contributing more resources on more relevant projects like Drones and Medium Airlift which would have more demand and are actually dual-use platforms (Drones for surveillance, Medium Airlift of logistics during both wartime and peactime. Yes, I know we all want KFX/IFX since making jet fighters has a level of prestige I mean even I deep down also want it to still go ahead and for us to put more commitment into it, but with its uncertainty regarding our involvement, and without a certain market and demand for it (like I explained in my previous posts regarding its competitions in the 2030's), its only going to be a prestige project. At least with airlift and unmanned products, there will always be a trend and demand for it.
Yep, the cost for upgrade Typhoon Tranche-1 is too Expensive, no wonder why RAF prefer to retire and scrap Typhoon Tranche-1, then order newest Typhoon Tranche-3 and F-35Bs

Hmm something to satisfy all sides, more like a Grease to Made it smooth, you know like consultation fees

If Airbus offer us upgrade to tranche 2 or 3 with discount price , would it be more profitable deal for us?

And our budget is not much compared to Britain. Btw, it will be better if Prabowo look at possibility to adding more of the would be fleets as many European countries looking to slash their defense budget and to reduce some active squadron they had.

Kalau udah basah sekalian aja berenang ga usah nanggung banget

Back
Top Bottom