What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Read it more carefully, this one is Prabowo own initiative, not the continue of before admin program and he is offering solution in which will satisfy all of the sides, Indonesia, Austria and Airbus Defense.
Oh god , i still hope this one doesn't pass ,it will only be a laughingstock for china if we procure this jet .

Ugh... secondhand typhoon, and only 15.
New type of jet fighter for the AF, secondhand and in small number.
Ugh...

Is this to replace the F5 and put an end to the SU35 drama?

Ugh... secondhand typhoon, and only 15.
New type of jet fighter for the AF, secondhand and in small number.
Ugh...

Is this to replace the F5 and put an end to the SU35 drama?

Well, the last time AF buying bulk it was Hawk fleet in mid 90s.
So what is wrong with the number 15? In this time and circumstance, having the money to buy alutsista is privilege. Having 15 units of whatever the brand is better than 3-4 units Flankers borrow from other squadron.

For you KFX/IFX diehard fans, something to consider:

MALE UAV program has been started in 2016 and it proves it doesnt effect KFX/IFX program where there are 100 DI engineers are working in Korea and we can still do detail design for both MALE UAV and KFX/IFX. KFX/IFX detail design started in June 2018 and in that period MALE UAV was also still doing detail design work. Detail design is the work that need many designers. Along the year N 219 program is also not effected. There is also UAV division in PTDI that focus on UAV development. BPPT engineers are also highly involved in MALE program.

KFX/IFX/N219/MALE UAV have also already reached production stage (prototyping). They dont need many designers anymore. Even PTDI still continues N245 development (design work) according the latest statement from PTDI director and it uses 10 % of internal budget. One of the reason of the continuation is due to keep up with human resources development.

Alman Helvast previously try to link the PTDI engineer leaving from KAI in March with the Indonesian KFX/IFX participation which is now proven not true, and the leaving has more connection with Covid 19 outbreak in Korea at that time as Indonesian engineers are starting to redeploy to Korea now according to official source cited by Jane Defense.

Why not seek norwegian upgraded F-16A that has been offered before instead .....
I suspect this is f5 replacement which supposed to be filled by super Flanker before. So he must find jets that "more than just a" falcon.

And skadron 14 is an air superiority squadron. So fill it with interceptors jets like EF is kind of make sense.

But come on man...
Kalau akhirnya kita bakalan main barang bekas lagi. Mending Eagle gurun aja sekalian!!

Why not seek norwegian upgraded F-16A that has been offered before instead .....

The ones Norway offered to us? yea no, the airframe hours on that have been worn out, considering they've been used for Baltic Air Policing and other NATO duties, if we buy those better to use them as spare parts.

At least when compared with the Austrian Typhoons, the Typhoons actually have way lower hours because of Austria's small operational budget and the fact these are mid-2000 built jets, they're still young and have low hours at the same time, the only problem is the fact they're Tranche 1 Typhoons with Pulse doppler radar and basic A2G capability.

The ones Norway offered to us? yea no, the airframe hours on that have been worn out, considering they've been used for Baltic Air Policing and other NATO duties, if we buy those better to use them as spare parts.

At least when compared with the Austrian Typhoons, the Typhoons actually have way lower hours because of Austria's small operational budget and the fact these are mid-2000 built jets, they're still young and have low hours at the same time, the only problem is the fact they're Tranche 1 Typhoons with Pulse doppler radar and basic A2G capability.
is it possible to upgrade those typhoons ? AESA maybe ? ahh the cost

is it possible to upgrade those typhoons ? AESA maybe ? ahh the cost

The cost is just too expensive which is why the Austrians decided to just retire it and get more cost-effective single engine like the Gripen or F-16

Treat AH tweets with a big grain of salt bro. Perviously i have posted photos of the engineers working at KAI from Naver. The KF-X engineers were sent home early this year and they are in Indonesia for several months until their redeployment. How come it would jeopardize current project in PTDI? Those project have been running even before those engineers were sent home to Indonesia. As you know AH is not a typical South Korean fan.

Yes, I do take his tweet with a grain of salt, thats why I said 'something to consider'. Despite this, his previous tweets might have a point. PT DI could benefit and dominate more when focused and contributing more resources on more relevant projects like Drones and Medium Airlift which would have more demand and are actually dual-use platforms (Drones for surveillance, Medium Airlift of logistics during both wartime and peactime. Yes, I know we all want KFX/IFX since making jet fighters has a level of prestige I mean even I deep down also want it to still go ahead and for us to put more commitment into it, but with its uncertainty regarding our involvement, and without a certain market and demand for it (like I explained in my previous posts regarding its competitions in the 2030's), its only going to be a prestige project. At least with airlift and unmanned products, there will always be a trend and demand for it.

lots of surprise in this weekend...
first some advanced country offer their 2nd hand frigates, second MoD interested to Austria EF, MoD considering Globemaster, then MoF support MoD for shopping spree?

And then this Alman tweet?

Well actually there's something even more insane from 1st Commission House of Representatives
View attachment 652224 View attachment 652225
WAIT, i dont know you guys are aware of it but, since the hercules procurement is sinking and arise of the mv 22 ospreys order, i think the ospreys are pengadaan herkules yang dialihkan, i dont know, this is just my speculation, please , i want to hear the your oppinon

The cost is just too expensive which is why the Austrians decided to just retire it and get more cost-effective single engine like the Gripen or F-16

Yes, I do take his tweet with a grain of salt, thats why I said 'something to consider'. Despite this, his previous tweets might have a point. PT DI could benefit and dominate more when focused and contributing more resources on more relevant projects like Drones and Medium Airlift which would have more demand and are actually dual-use platforms (Drones for surveillance, Medium Airlift of logistics during both wartime and peactime. Yes, I know we all want KFX/IFX since making jet fighters has a level of prestige I mean even I deep down also want it to still go ahead and for us to put more commitment into it, but with its uncertainty regarding our involvement, and without a certain market and demand for it (like I explained in my previous posts regarding its competitions in the 2030's), its only going to be a prestige project. At least with airlift and unmanned products, there will always be a trend and demand for it.
Actually i was referring to his tweets about most of those engineers are the ones currently involved in MALE UAV and the rest in N219 & CN235 programs. As i know of the MALE UAV is a BPPT Project and their engineers are the ones working in this program and at that time PTDI KF-X engineers were still in South Korea. PTDI only build the airframe in the MALE UAV Programs. I just want to correct AH tweets that those engineers would jeopardize PTDI programs. Got nothing to do with prestige.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom