What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I was just looking at new ford bronco earlier too haha.

Personally I would choose Toyota over anything else. And being former owner of Hilux platform (Fortuner) I can attest to their reliability and ease of maintenance, not to mention ridiculously cheap OEM spare parts.

595ed44f-896f-4028-9e03-f9f4e03ebf15.jpg
afdb334c-2618-4c1a-9654-6790f298de90.jpeg
images (22).jpeg
664xauto-tni-cantik-di-perayaan-hut-tni-ke-72-1710052.jpg
7d01e494-4288-40a8-9653-546013560888.jpeg
EdA4uNmUwAMDXuv.jpeg
c7104d7d-a01c-420a-8686-c60214fe8438.jpeg

Personally I would choose Toyota over anything else. And being former owner of Hilux platform (Fortuner) I can attest to their reliability and ease of maintenance, not to mention ridiculously cheap OEM spare parts.

Definitely agree, hilux is a beast.

It was just a small coincidence kind of irony in timing on my end haha. The overall cut and look has convergent evolution in platforms of certain kind.

Indonesia Military Academy students doing celebration

I remind you all this is just some thoughts on people above us, not serious yet, at least for now. There will be amandements to our contract

It nice to if she equip with mbda scalp too
This one won't pass though, some components are US made

AFAIK Fortuner gasoline engine are made in Indonesia and several other cars. For larger engine, Hino also produced some of its engines in Indonesia. CMIIW. Pindad doesn't have to produced their own engine, they should cooperate with Gaikindo. I don't think pindad can reach economic of scale to reach economical price if they produce their own engine, not to mention the need of large scale investment to do it.

The problem with using Toyota engine is that, is not an indonesian brand. Despite being Indonesian Made, if it's not an indonesian brand people especially chauvinist and politician will consider it as a foreign product. On the other hand they will call it a national product if they used local brand despite being made in other countries take Esemka and LCGC for example.

Last edited:
I just saw in Normal Thread some of our people who either overly pro-China or false flaggers. If they're indeed Indonesia i just simply have no idea where they put their sanity

I just saw in Normal Thread some of our people who either overly pro-China or false flaggers. If they're indeed Indonesia i just simply have no idea where they put their sanity

I really don't understand why some Indonesians still think our pressing threats are countries like Malaysia, Australia, Singapore and not the PRC who have repeatedly intruded our EEZ. Some of the crazy ones even say that there should be an Indonesia-Russia-China alliance and that we should strengthened our southern flank against Australia. I seriously don't understand how they have these delusions.

I really don't understand why some Indonesians still think our pressing threats are countries like Malaysia, Australia, Singapore and not the PRC who have repeatedly intruded our EEZ. Some of the crazy ones even say that there should be an Indonesia-Russia-China alliance and that we should strengthened our southern flank against Australia. I seriously don't understand how they have these delusions.
Chinese threat is real, they're being assertive on us. This SCS dispute is real and no matter how some of us being denial; we are part of this and be dragged on this since Nine Dash Line contradicts our EEZ

Chinese threat is real, they're being assertive on us. This SCS dispute is real and no matter how some of us being denial; we are part of this and be dragged on this since Nine Dash Line contradicts our EEZ

The only thing we can get a hold is our fist, without big fist we can't talking about sanity against them. Indonesia economy, industry and population base (especially educated people base) is large enough to support a more bigger and complex military posture, at the level of current South Korea posture actually very possible.

Ec9Oz6jUEAAD0zk.jpeg
Ec42HZuUEAAzR1v.jpeg
Ec8l6wRU8AIYRJP.jpeg
Ec9Oz6jVcAI0p_S.jpeg
Ec9Oz6kUcAAWH6a.jpeg
Ec42HZFU8AU_m9F.jpeg
Ec42HZEUEAAmo2n.jpeg

Based on my observation, only 1 Indonesian in pdf pro China, many are neutral, and some are pro America or anti China.

IMHO, we should remain neutral and cooperate strongly with both China and US.

How is your idea with some who pro US and anti China such as @striver44?

Back
Top Bottom