What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I'm still curious as to what VLS they're going to have on the Ivers. From what I got from other formil's, they're most likely going to be armed with MICA and possibly Aster like what the Indomiliter article said, but for the VLS I still have no info, some say Mk.41 (which has growth potential for ASTER) but some also say along the lines of the Sylver A43 or even A50 (which is Aster-30 capable). Anyone got any info?
the news about sensor is very recent , the weapon package probably are still on talk and discussion , i personally wanted the iver to atleast rev up to wet dream specification, 64x universal vls (the stanflex module can make it happen) , let say 64x MK41 or Sylver A-50 , since both VLS have compatibility with quad packed missile (CAMM-ER and ESSM) , 48 of the VLS can be filled with Long Range SAM , while the remaining 16 can be filled with quadpacked short to medium range SAM , that's going to make it , 48x Long Range SAM + 64x Short To Medium range SAM (quadpacked in 16 vls) a good layered wide area air defense, even though our navy have tendency not to filled the whole ship with full combat load of missile , posessing such number of VLS still going to gave atleast a detterence effect since our enemy will questioning whether the ship is in full combat load or not .

we do paid $ 380million for it , but it worth the price .
Am I not seeing this wrong? $380mil for this two?
kri_badau_1460962440.jpg

Quiet Monday so I got to ask, why is it that so many people in this country's internet-sphere is hellbent on getting the Rafale over the F-15 if the Su-35 gets officially cancelled?

The fact that we'd have to buy a completely different weapons package altogether alongside the IOC/FOC costs, infrastructure costs, training costs, on top of the already expensive base price should be a dealbreaker. Not to mention it would eat into the F-16/Flanker operational budget just setting everything up for what can be considered a small benefit over the F-16 series.

Makes more sense just to buy the F-15 if they didn't want to have EW capability with the Growler. Shares the same engine as well as the ability of carrying more (and cheaper) ordnance. Not to mention it's cheaper per plane ($49M vs. €76M vs. $60M) than the Rafale or the Gripen.

Last edited:
Quiet Monday so I got to ask, why is it that so many people in this country's internet-sphere is hellbent on getting the Rafale over the F-15 if the Su-35 gets officially cancelled?

The fact that we'd have to buy a completely different weapons package altogether alongside the IOC/FOC costs, infrastructure costs, training costs, on top of the already expensive base price should be a dealbreaker. Not to mention it would eat into the F-16/Flanker operational budget just setting everything up for what can be considered a small benefit over the F-16 series.

Makes more sense just to buy the F-15 if they didn't want to have EW capability with the Growler. Shares the same engine as well as the ability of carrying more (and cheaper) ordnance. Not to mention it's cheaper per plane ($49M vs. €76M vs. $60M) than the Rafale or the Gripen.
Well, because....
"Yang penting bukan dari negara mbulet tukang embargo :usflag:, yang kalau mau dipake disyarat-syaratin dan ga bisa buat gebuk ausi ato singapur ato OPM :guns::guns:!! MERDEKAAAA!!!!"

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::crazy:

The Prabowo visit probably had something to do with it, also in my opinion the F-15 and the F/A-18E/F rarely or never made it into news or articles relating into Indonesian fighter procurement, the only ones I remember having made some kind of headlines here are the Su-35 (obviously), the Typhoon with their mockup in PTDI Bandung years ago, the Rafale and their multiple visits, the F-16V and more recently, the F-35 statement coming from the Vice Defense Minister. The only time the F-15 got mentioned relating to the F-5 replacement program is when the former KSAU mentioned it in a video. I think most Indonesians just go for the ones that appear on the news the way I see it, I might be wrong though.

Idk i'm not that enthusiatic on thinking double engine fighters in our inventory or for what we about to procure. I can satisfy enough if we can get whole F-16s Air Force and in transition into F-35 operator. Economically more feasible and more efficient to Air Force

Idk i'm not that enthusiatic on thinking double engine fighters in our inventory or for what we about to procure. I can satisfy enough if we can get whole F-16s Air Force and in transition into F-35 operator. Economically more feasible and more efficient to Air Force
It's more on the fact that the F-16 is limited by it's combat load. That and with a country this big, you're still going to need double engine fighters to cover large distances.

But do we really need twin-engines with long ranges if we can have a good number of F-16's that can be spread out to various bases in the archipelago?

Back
Top Bottom