What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

So confirmed naval projects now
-modernization of KRI Usman Harun
-followed by the rest (KRI Bung Tomo, John Lie)
-building of 2 Iver huidtfeldt Frigates in 5 years span
-building of 3 type CBG SSK
-building of 2 additional KCR 60
-weapons and sensors contract for 4 KCR 60

Btw I dont see the Navy opt to arm the rest KCR 40s after the twin failure of missile launch back in 2016.

Did I miss anything??

Btw I dont see the Navy opt to arm the rest KCR 40s after the twin failure of missile launch back in 2016.

Did I miss anything??
You forgot the LPD yo. *BRS
And there is small patrol boat too isn't it? Someone posted the keel laying ceremony recently.
Idk about LST and oiler.
Maybe you can include the tank boat and clurit 2.
The media, netizen, me and you we all more interested in combat vessels news.

I think so. Maybe its safe to say that our pkr has reached FOC.
Yup and ready for firing trials against flying target, maybe during latgab.

Indonesia May Purchase US-Made F-35 Jets Instead Of Russian Su-35s

Our Bureau
11:13 AM, March 18, 2020

indonesia_1584529769.jpg

Indonesian Dy Def Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono @Wikipaedia

Indonesia has made a case for purchasing US-made F-35 fighter jets instead of Russian Su-35 aircraft, the country’s Deputy Defence Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono said.

However, the Su-35 deal had not been canceled and Jakarta is under no pressure from Washington to walk away from the deal, Trenggono said today in comments made to CNN Indonesia. “We have never cancelled,” he was quoted in a text message when contacted by the Bhasha language media outlet.

Nevertheless, he admitted that Indonesia could not purchase the Russian jets currently due to some obstacles. “You can’t buy yet due to some obstacles.” He did not elaborate what these obstacles were.

Trenggono said he was considering other options to the Su-35. He was opening up to opportunities to replace the Su-35 procurement with the F-35 jets from the US, he added.

f-35_lmco_1584529932.jpg

F-35 jet @Lockheed Martin

While it is known that the US is keen to sell Indonesia its F-16 aircraft, this is the first time it has been revealed Jakarta’s interest in the F-35. The falling price of the F-35 and surplus rendered from the Turkish order cancelation is forcing the US to open new markets for its front-line jet.

The F-35A stealth jet is only about 25%- 30% more expensive than the dated F-16 and offers features such s invisibility to enemy radar, networking with other ground, sea and air assets besides a plethora of modern weapons.

Indonesia has made it a priority of acquiring a command and control system to network all its land, sea and air platforms and an F-35 is built as part of a networked battle-space. Besides, Indonesia will have a technological edge in any confrontation with China should it deploy its F-35s.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...5_Jets_Instead_of_Russian_Su_35s#.XnMih-oxU0N

^^ Looks like they are trying to get the cancelled Turkish F-35.

Last edited:
How about korvet nasional project? Is there any news yet? And how about next batch for light frigate, is the kornas subtitution for light frigate or its a different project?

Indonesia May Purchase US-Made F-35 Jets Instead Of Russian Su-35s

Our Bureau
11:13 AM, March 18, 2020

indonesia_1584529769.jpg

Indonesian Dy Def Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono @Wikipaedia

Indonesia has made a case for purchasing US-made F-35 fighter jets instead of Russian Su-35 aircraft, the country’s Deputy Defence Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono said.

However, the Su-35 deal had not been canceled and Jakarta is under no pressure from Washington to walk away from the deal, Trenggono said today in comments made to CNN Indonesia. “We have never cancelled,” he was quoted in a text message when contacted by the Bhasha language media outlet.

Nevertheless, he admitted that Indonesia could not purchase the Russian jets currently due to some obstacles. “You can’t buy yet due to some obstacles.” He did not elaborate what these obstacles were.

Trenggono said he was considering other options to the Su-35. He was opening up to opportunities to replace the Su-35 procurement with the F-35 jets from the US, he added.

f-35_lmco_1584529932.jpg

F-35 jet @Lockheed Martin

While it is known that the US is keen to sell Indonesia its F-16 aircraft, this is the first time it has been revealed Jakarta’s interest in the F-35. The falling price of the F-35 and surplus rendered from the Turkish order cancelation is forcing the US to open new markets for its front-line jet.

The F-35A stealth jet is only about 25%- 30% more expensive than the dated F-16 and offers features such s invisibility to enemy radar, networking with other ground, sea and air assets besides a plethora of modern weapons.

Indonesia has made it a priority of acquiring a command and control system to network all its land, sea and air platforms and an F-35 is built as part of a networked battle-space. Besides, Indonesia will have a technological edge in any confrontation with China should it deploy its F-35s.

https://www.defenseworld.net/news/2...5_Jets_Instead_of_Russian_Su_35s#.XnMih-oxU0N

^^ Looks like they are trying to get the cancelled Turkish F-35A.
Isn't the price and the Turkey factor is just their opinion? Afaik the confirmed information is only about F35 jet, without additional info about the variant of the jet.
Cmiiw
Eniwei A or B variant?
IMO we should choose the A variant.

How about korvet nasional project? Is there any news yet? And how about next batch for light frigate, is the kornas subtitution for light frigate or its a different project?
Correct me if im wrong but the PKR project is the continuation of kornas project isnt it?

Isn't the price and the Turkey factor is just their opinion? Afaik the confirmed information is only about F35 jet, without additional info about the variant of the jet.
Cmiiw
Eniwei A or B variant?
Cancelled Turkish's Lightning II were F-35A Variants.

Did I miss anything??
Damen Omega?

Cancelled Turkish's Lightning II were F-35A Variants.
That one is true.
We are interested in F35 and it could be A/B variant, if Jakarta want the B variant like Singapore then we won't get the F35 surplus that intended for Turkey.

Did I miss anything??

You forgot the LPD yo. *BRS
And there is small patrol boat too isn't it? Someone posted the keel laying ceremony recently.
Idk about LST and oiler.
Maybe you can include the tank boat and clurit 2.
The media, netizen, me and you we all more interested in combat vessels news.

Yup and ready for firing trials against flying target, maybe during latgab.

-90m OPV/Corvette
-The Crocodile-Hydrofoil

Also, don't forget about the plan to co two Frankenthal-class minesweepers (well they are not built domestically, but still a project)

Cmiiw
Eniwei A or B variant?

That one is true.
We are interested in F35 and it could be A/B variant, if Jakarta want the B variant like Singapore then we won't get the F35 surplus that intended for Turkey.

'A' variant, no question asked

-More fuel capacity, more range, more payload, less maintenance cost and complexity since it doesn't have two engines (no lift van)
-There is no urgency/requirement for AF to operate STOVL aircraft

Did I miss anything??
two new ocenaographic research vessels .

SIGMA_10514_PKR_guided_missile_frigates.jpg

Cmiiw
Eniwei A or B variant?
PKR is part of kornas project .

Also, don't forget about the plan to co two Frankenthal-class minesweepers (well they are not built domestically, but still a project)
Can you provide link?
Iirc we need minesweepers that are able to do submarine rescue operation.

Back
Top Bottom