What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

So far what i can find is this.
http://defense-studies.blogspot.com/2018/11/luerssen-offers-variant-of-frankenthal.html?m=1
https://www.indomiliter.com/setelah...-akuisisi-2-kapal-pemburu-ranjau-dari-jerman/

With current US$ 1,1 Billion how many F35 can we get if we decided to cancel su-35s procurement later on?
In newly inked deal, F-35 price falls to $78 million a copy
1.1 bln / 78 mln = 14 unit
But IAF need to train their human resources to operate and maintain new type of jet and other expense, so my guess is 12 unit (just like peace bima sena I)

Update: Indonesia points to F-35 ambitions

Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - Jane's Defence Industry
18 March 2020

Indonesia’s Deputy Defence Minister Sakti Wahyu Trenggono has indicated that Jakarta may look to Lockheed Martin’s F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter to meet the next-generation combat requirements of the Indonesian Air Force (Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara: TNI-AU).

In comments to the news channel CNN Indonesia on 18 March, Trenggono said that Indonesia had not terminated the TNI-AU’s planned acquisition of Sukhoi Su-35 ‘Flanker-E’ multirole combat aircraft from Russia even if that procurement programme faced challenges.

“We can’t buy [the Su-35s] yet because there are some obstacles,” he said, without elaborating.

Trenggono said that, given these obstacles, Indonesia is now also considering a bid for the F-35 through a government-to-government arrangement with the United States. “We are exploring [the possibility] of changing the procurement to the F-35 from the US,” he said.

Trenggono had been asked by CNN Indonesia to comment on a Bloomberg report on 12 March, which, quoting an unidentified official “familiar with the matter”, said Indonesia had recently decided against moving ahead with the plan to procure the Su-35.

This Su-35 deal – featuring 11 aircraft for USD1.1 billion – was provisionally agreed with Russia in February 2018 but has been subject to delay.

The delaying factors were reported to include the presidential elections, which were held in April 2019, funding and countertrade issues, and concerns in Indonesia that the US may invoke sanctions on the country in line with the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA), which seeks to penalise military customers of Russia.

The TNI-AU wants to procure a modern multirole combat aircraft to replace its fleet of Northrop F-5E Tiger II fighter aircraft. The procurement was highlighted in a list of 2020–24 priorities outlined by the Indonesian Ministry of Defence (MoD) in late 2019.

https://www.janes.com/article/94968/update-indonesia-points-to-f-35-ambitions

In newly inked deal, F-35 price falls to $78 million a copy
1.1 bln / 78 mln = 14 unit
But IAF need to train their human resources to operate and maintain new type of jet and other expense, so my guess is 12 unit (just like peace bima sena I)
If thats correct then maybe we should really drop Su-35 deal, and go for F-35. But im also sopport the jargon "do not put all your egg in one basket" so im kinda confused to decide now lol.

Updated
So confirmed naval projects now
-modernization of KRI Usman Harun
-followed by the rest (KRI Bung Tomo, John Lie)
-building of 2 Iver huidtfeldt Frigates in 5 years span
-building of 3 type CBG SSK
-building of 2 additional KCR 60
-weapons and sensors contract for 4 KCR 60
-building of 2 MCM vessels
-building of 1 LPD/BRS
-building of additional 2 LST (AT8 and AT9)
-continued building of PC40M
-continued building of KAL28M (x2)
-additional 2 hydro survey vessels with subamrine rescue capability
-tank boat
-request for 2 OPV's

Not yet confirmed/still under consideration.
-3rd and 4th Damen Sigma 10514 corvette/light frigate
-2 damen omega frigate
-4 scorpene SSK
- at least two Gowind 2500 corvette

Btw I dont see the Navy opt to arm the rest KCR 40s after the twin failure of missile launch back in 2016.

Did I miss anything??

If thats correct then maybe we should really drop Su-35 deal, and go for F-35. But im also sopport the jargon "do not put all your egg in one basket" so im kinda confused to decide now lol.

hm... should we go for rafale?
so in the future our fighter inventory should be comprise of F35A, Rafale, IFX, T-50 and SuTuc
US, French, our own, Koreans and Brazil toys, five different basket but not the engine I suppose LOL

Updated
-building of 1 LPD/BRS
-tank boat
-request for 2 OPV's

-2 damen omega frigate
-4 scorpene SSK

Btw I dont see the Navy opt to arm the rest KCR 40s after the twin failure of missile launch back in 2016.

Did I miss anything??

personally, I opt for Omega, but of course in exchange we should push DSNS to build it here and give us the PKR blue print

Updated
-building of 1 LPD/BRS
-tank boat
-request for 2 OPV's

-2 damen omega frigate
-4 scorpene SSK

Did I miss anything??
So Klewang is officially kaput?

hm... should we go for rafale?
so in the future our fighter inventory should be comprise of F35A, Rafale, IFX, T-50 and SuTuc
US, French, our own, Koreans and Brazil toys, five different basket but not the engine I suppose LOL

personally, I opt for Omega, but of course in exchange we should push DSNS to build it here and give us the PKR blue print
I dont know mate but omega spec has only 24 vls for VL mica. If we go for the Ivers we got more VLS per ship.

So Klewang is officially kaput?
No news so far.

This is very interesting indeed, how about we buy 12 of f35, continue ifx, go upgrade of our f16 to newest level, drop su35 and rafale, can the budget dikondisikan?

no there are two new hydrographic research vessels contract worth 143 million $
https://www.janes.com/article/89932...43-million-for-two-naval-hydrographic-vessels
which also act as submarine rescue , so youre not totally wrong , this ship will either bigger than the vietnamese damen rescue gear ship 9316 , they said it was from OCEA again .
Can you provide link?
Iirc we need minesweepers that are able to do submarine rescue operation.
*hydrographic vessel that are able to do submarine rescue operation.

My memory is a bit hazy, but someone posted news from janes about new ship that will also be used as submarine rescue ops. Lol

Yup, this one.
Indonesia allocates USD143 million for two naval hydrographic vessels
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - Jane's Navy International
17 July 2019
Follow
RSS

Key Points
Indonesia has approved an additional sum of IDR2.04 trillion for the country's 2019 defence budget
The funds will be allocated towards the procurement of hydrographic survey vessels that can be quickly converted into vessels of opportunity for submarine rescue
The Indonesian Ministry of Finance has approved an additional IDR2.04 trillion (USD143 million) for the country's 2019 defence budget, with a view on accelerating the procurement process for two new hydrographic survey ships that can be swiftly converted into vessels of opportunity (VOO) for submarine rescue operations.

The funds will be added to the country's previously approved 2019 defence budget of IDR108 trillion, according to an official document seen by Jane's on 17 July.

https://www.janes.com/article/89932...43-million-for-two-naval-hydrographic-vessels

Indonesia allocates 143 Millions US$ for 2 naval hydrographic vessels.

This is very interesting indeed, how about we buy 12 of f35, continue ifx, go upgrade of our f16 to newest level, drop su35 and rafale, can the budget dikondisikan?

Pos anggaran F-16 dan pengganti F-5 itu beda jadi seharusnya gk saling menggangu

Back
Top Bottom