What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

hm... should we go for rafale?
so in the future our fighter inventory should be comprise of F35A, Rafale, IFX, T-50 and SuTuc
US, French, our own, Koreans and Brazil toys, five different basket but not the engine I suppose LOL

personally, I opt for Omega, but of course in exchange we should push DSNS to build it here and give us the PKR blue print
No, just choose either continue the ifx project or replace it with locally build Rafale (buy licensed from dassault).

I dont know mate but omega spec has only 24 vls for VL mica. If we go for the Ivers we got more VLS per ship.

the number and type of VLS is up to the buyer choice
Omega design came from DZP which had 40x cell Mk 41

the number and type of VLS is up to the buyer choice
Omega design came from DZP which had 40x cell Mk 41
The one damen offered us comes with 24x cell. Of course if we wanted more it could be costumized. But thats just imo that we should go with the danish offer.
But if somehow the navy opts for omega well what can I say but congrats for having such a beauty in the fleet

Pos anggaran F-16 dan pengganti F-5 itu beda jadi seharusnya gk saling menggangu
Yes, but ifx status kinda hazzy right now, if we really serious about it we should pay our shares

No, just choose either continue the ifx project or replace it with locally build Rafale (buy licensed from dassault).
I tought ifx will be our workhorse after f16 era, if we choose Rafale over ifx i think there is not so much technology Leap compare to the f16v, just my personal opinion...

Do we interested to equip our future heavy frigates with better missile like aster 15/30 or just Mica again?

Yes, but ifx status kinda hazzy right now, if we really serious about it we should pay our shares

I tought ifx will be our workhorse after f16 era, if we choose Rafale over ifx i think there is not so much technology Leap compare to the f16v, just my personal opinion...
Rafale has heavier payload, more fuel, better aesa radar, and newer design than f16v. It's a good alternative to IFX program.

Di program KFX kita ga kebagian ngerjain core technology ga sih?
Seandainya kita bisa produksi Rafale di PT DI mudah mudahan aja kita bisa ToT sebanyak mungkin item. Hemat gw gitu sih...

alman helvas is a pure defense consultant i think, if he suggests buying US stuff, then is he not considered a us salesman? If you question the offset obtained from the purchase of Su 35, then what do we get from the US if Indonesia only buys F35 in small quantities? still in the exploration stage and need time to make a decision, I think not in a short time. The first country was visited by the Minister of Defense and then followed by visits to several other countries and only a few that he uploaded on Instagram, of course there are special meanings. he is a politician. His political gesture delivering an implied message. However, the president decides the final decision

Do we interested to equip our future heavy frigates with better missile like aster 15/30 or just Mica again?

Rafale has heavier payload, more fuel, better aesa radar, and newer design than f16v. It's a good alternative to IFX program.

Seandainya kita bisa produksi Rafale di PT DI mudah mudahan aja kita bisa ToT sebanyak mungkin item. Hemat gw gitu sih...

as far as i know f16v considered as stop gap for ifx, the airframe design was older than Rafale but electronics and radar can be arguabel which one is better, Rafale can be considered if we want nuclear capability, but for next gen strike capability and air superiority ifx have much more potential since the design based on 5th gen fighter aircraft,
And for ToT i doubt we can afford, based on India purchase with ToT can be expensive

Last edited:

My hunch is, if we can get F35, US will not restricted us to get on our hand SM series, ASROC and VLS MK41 and Mk56

My hunch is, if we can get F35, US will not restricted us to get on our hand SM series, ASROC and VLS MK41 and Mk56
That's dope *** for our frigate. Where is ESSM, I assume we can get the green light for it.

That's dope *** for our frigate. Where is ESSM, I assume we can get the green light for it.

I dont mention ESSM, cause if you can get SM series ESSM is automatically on the table too. Hope we can get them, they are more budget friendly compared to Aster series as they are in mass production and in large number too

Can we just use the "Natuna Card" whenever we try to get a good toy from the US ?

I think it will work

Can we just use the "Natuna Card" whenever we try to get a good toy from the US ?

I think it will work

Well we are intended to bought them, not asking freebies like certain neighbour on our North, our track record recently and cooperation with them is quite decent.

I think it will work

Probably yes, especially when Philippines is increasingly distancing itself from US and getting more and more closer to China thus we can act as an alternative for US

upload_2020-3-19_22-24-49.png

if kornas project really get evaluated again , i hope someone threw a paper about INS Magen on mindef table , do you guys think a full fledge wide area heavy air defense corvette like this is suitable for indonesia ? 32-40 VLS of barak 8 missile , this thing could become something problematic for the whole mediterranean and levantine coast airspace .

Last edited:
View attachment 615377
if kornas project really get evaluated again , i hope someone threw a paper about INS Magen on mindef table , do you guys think a full fledge wide area heavy air defense corvette like this is suitable for indonesia ? 32-40 VLS of barak 8 missile , this thing could become something problematic for the whole mediterranean and levantine coast airspace .
We could add aster 30 to our Martadinata class like what Qatar did with its compact Al zubarah class . Both are almost at the same size and tonnage
ER8KVneXkAA8b_r.jpg:large

Oh btw i do notice the lack of RWS's in our Martadinata class

Back
Top Bottom