What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Since long our armed forces is underfunded, and not prepared to be an proper armed forces ready to take on near peer enemies

The most likely adversary of our KCR is numerous corvettes of PLA navy, they are capable to be deployed on shore and near high seas, along with that most likely they will be never deployed alone but as a combined fighting units backed with frigates and aerial surveillance

1-Image-01-12.jpg

that FAC was shorter than KCR , but had more firepower , hell you could even categorized it as light corvette , i think we should lean towards finland incase of hamina class or russia (with their 67 metre karakurt corvette) rather than poland (still wondering why'd we cooperate with poland for kcr-60 , did they have any decent attack craft/missile boat ? ) , to be honest , even though i admit im not a ship engineer myself , but for me the mast on our kcr-60 somehow took so much space (they took PKR mast for FAC ship) , the superstructure could use to carry more armament in my opinion ... if that mast weren't enormous in size

Last edited:
Well we all must admitt that lots of things within our defence aren't ideal, in fact far from being ideal. At this very moment we're still trying to catch minimum power under MEF ( minimum essential force ).
We only got proper funding just recently, we've even in a situation of spending only 2 billion USD on defense post-Reformasi. This year is much better than previously, there's a growth on defense budget although it barely reach 0.8% of GDP, it still numbered 9 billion USD, second highest in ASEAN. My best hope is for the government to spend 1.5% GDP on defense, i expect in the President's second term, defense would be among the priority just like in SBY's case, there's not much time to waste on yiddi-yadda yesman anymore.

1-Image-01-12.jpg

that FAC was shorter than KCR , but had more firepower , hell you could even categorized it as light corvette , i think we should lean towards finland incase of hamina class or russia (with their 67 metre karakurt corvette) rather than poland (still wondering why'd we cooperate with poland for kcr-60 , did they have any decent attack craft/missile boat ? )
Orkan Class missile boat since you ask about Polish Navy missile boat

Well we all must admitt that lots of things within our defence aren't ideal, in fact far from being ideal. At this very moment we're still trying to catch minimum power under MEF ( minimum essential force ).

Orde Baru heritance, under Soekarno we are ready to take on any near peer adversary. Well recently we are pretty much geared toward conventional building and readying our first tier units for future rapid deployment cases. But unfortunetaly the rest is not the case, even TNI organization and order of battle is still geared to COIN ops and the likes.

FB_IMG_15631825279912062.jpg
Well let's see what to come & our expectation in MEF IV ( 2019 - 2024 )

Meanwhile, Mig-21 in Area 51 late 60s

View attachment 569251 Well let's see what to come & our expectation in MEF IV ( 2019 - 2024 )

Meanwhile, Mig-21 in Area 51 late 60s

atleast 4 heavy frigate if they really had the budget for it , 32-48 new MRF fighters , medium to long range Air Defense system battery complete with their supporting asset (radar,command vehicle etc etc) , AEW and AWACS , proper MPA aircraft , heavily equipped weaponry on KCR batch 3 , new subs platform ? (214 or 216) , something to replace our current fleet of rusty Parchim Class and many other "mimpi siang bolong" that's probably not going to be realized etc etc

atleast 4 heavy frigate if they really had the budget for it , 32-48 new MRF fighters , medium to long range Air Defense system battery complete with their supporting asset (radar,command vehicle etc etc) , AEW and AWACS , proper MPA aircraft , heavily equipped weaponry on KCR batch 3 , new subs platform ? (214 or 216) , something to replace our current fleet of rusty Parchim Class and many other "mimpi siang bolong" that's probably not going to be realized etc etc

Well according to these infographics from FSM we have points/goals to achieve from MEF programme but i don't want to speculate anything so just let the time tells us
25158306_1646658452023259_3554146277738185755_n.jpg
23794746_1622045267817911_7009909163601749990_n.jpg

Credit to Fb page FSM

Plans by KAI on future development for KFX Block II & III
19-524662ab5e-1.jpg

Depends on, Destroyer US like Arleigh Burke class had great acceleration and maintained speed, along with superrior sensor nodes and far better arsenal on their disposal, like standard missile who can be used to attack small warships from more than 150 km distance. Especially when they carry at least one or two Romeo helicopter. Its suicidal trying to take on an Arleigh Burke especially on high seas just with those small arms

KCR wasn't built and design to fought in High Sea, it was designed to fight in Littoral area as u may know Indonesia water has a lot of small islands hence alot of clutter can form so that it can be used for cover by the small ship.

Our navies doctrine isn't for blue water (yet) we won't be fighting in the high sea anyway cuz we lack the capabilities for it.

KCR wasn't built and design to fought in High Sea, it was designed to fight in Littoral area as u may know Indonesia water has a lot of small islands hence alot of clutter can form so that it can be used for cover by the small ship.

Our navies doctrine isn't for blue water (yet) we won't be fighting in the high sea anyway cuz we lack the capabilities for it.
There some question in my mind..is there some possibility that KCR become a platform for SAM to protect our land..carrying Nasams..so kcr can provide much more covering area

1-Image-01-12.jpg

that FAC was shorter than KCR , but had more firepower , hell you could even categorized it as light corvette , i think we should lean towards finland incase of hamina class or russia (with their 67 metre karakurt corvette) rather than poland (still wondering why'd we cooperate with poland for kcr-60 , did they have any decent attack craft/missile boat ? ) , to be honest , even though i admit im not a ship engineer myself , but for me the mast on our kcr-60 somehow took so much space (they took PKR mast for FAC ship) , the superstructure could use to carry more armament in my opinion ... if that mast weren't enormous in size
The point is the enginer may miss calculate the space deck, the previous design FPB using a simple tower, thats way stealth design sometime is not usefull in the ship design if... Not well calculate

There some question in my mind..is there some possibility that KCR become a platform for SAM to protect our land..carrying Nasams..so kcr can provide much more covering area
It can be if someone can manage how to put the radar and box launcher, it almost like RIM, better choose the IR version for not need a tracking radar

Wait ? What exactly do you mean ? NASAMs ( Norwegian Advance Surface to Air Missile systems ) is ground point based air defence system not something installed around naval platform ?

This big LoL, you know why? Enemies can dictate from where they will Strike at will meanwhile we are being forced to do the passive and at the receiving ends. Meanwhile the enemy got chance to launch punitive strike using long range cruise missile from the high seas or even launch Aerial strike, our Navy just sit down near shorelines because lack of capability without chance to intercept them at high seas

Our Navy got blue water aspiration, if not they never touch something like fleets of Cruiser and Destroyer like Riga class and KRI irian in first place

Last edited:
Anyway why everyone need stealth design on 60/40m boat... Its already small dude

Gangbang tactics ya... Hehehehe... Just joke

Wait ? What exactly do you mean ? NASAMs ( Norwegian Advance Surface to Air Missile systems ) is ground point based air defence system not something installed around naval platform ?
Just paint them with enamel then its waterproff bro LOL

Back
Top Bottom