What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

*CAATSA : Let us introduce ourselves ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LOL yea I know about CAATSA, look what happen to our SU35 :D they even go further by jeoperdizing our special tariffs by claiming our GPN (Gerbang Pembayaran Nasional)/National Data Base Center is hurting US Company. I guess they really dont want us to get more sukhoi. AFAIK those 24 F16 we got, the offer came right after our announcement of wanted to add more SU30. They shoulda give us huge discount :)

We will not acquired S400 for our long range defence

Yes, not while CAATSA is in effective & not while Trump is in office especially nowadays when S-400 is pretty much highlighted due to Turkish acquisition. Follow up orders for more NASAMS systems and the missile ammunitions are more likely to happen in future.

It doesnt matter for me if we have it or not. Im just curious how good S400 really is on paper.

I do agree completly on adding more NASAMS and its ammo.

I read here somewhere it will come down to Patriot & SAMP/T for long range? I say SAMP/T hands down. Patriot was a primadona when it first came out. Tho it has made some modification/upgrades the architecture is already outdated and limit itself for further upgrade as technology goes very fast. Unless I am mistaken, Patriot NG (New Generation) is still under development. Some of the key factor is SAMP/T 360 degree coverage & its modern open architecture design for further software/hardware upgrade. CMIIW

LOL yea I know about CAATSA, look what happen to our SU35 :D they even go further by jeoperdizing our special tariffs by claiming our GPN (Gerbang Pembayaran Nasional)/National Data Base Center is hurting US Company. I guess they really dont want us to get more sukhoi. AFAIK those 24 F16 we got, the offer came right after our announcement of wanted to add more SU30. They shoulda give us huge discount :)

It doesnt matter for me if we have it or not. Im just curious how good S400 really is on paper.

I do agree completly on adding more NASAMS and its ammo.

I read here somewhere it will come down to Patriot & SAMP/T for long range? I say SAMP/T hands down. Patriot was a primadona when it first came out. Tho it has made some modification/upgrades the architecture is already outdated and limit itself for further upgrade as technology goes very fast. Unless I am mistaken, Patriot NG (New Generation) is still under development. Some of the key factor is SAMP/T 360 degree coverage & its modern open architecture design for further software/hardware upgrade. CMIIW

Well, everything outside NASAMS is still speculation & possibility including something like this. There was even once Belarus proposal of Osa SAM alas i lost the brochure
1489624052459jpg.0.jpg

Meanwhile some old documentations of F-16 Falcon Up & Hawk series maintenance
FB_IMG_15630887137166615.jpg
FB_IMG_15630902098521441.jpg

Credit to Fb page World Defense Zone

FB_IMG_15630912983834503.jpg

Some proposals for MoD mainly to Navy & Marine Corps

Well, everything outside NASAMS is still speculation & possibility including something like this. There was even once Belarus proposal of Osa SAM alas i lost the brochure
View attachment 569091

Meanwhile some old documentations of F-16 Falcon Up & Hawk series maintenance
View attachment 569092 View attachment 569093
Credit to Fb page World Defense Zone

View attachment 569094
Some proposals for MoD mainly to Navy & Marine Corps
wauwwww iron dome , that's some decent piece of air defence

Iron dome..ehhmmm..dont know what to say..we have huge area to cover..iron dome maybe for jakarta or some city with much obvit..

Iron dome..ehhmmm..dont know what to say..we have huge area to cover..iron dome maybe for jakarta or some city with much obvit..

idk how the TNI will prioritize which things that more important than other but I do know that if the system is spread out in a big area and unlike how it being used in Israel it'll be prone to saturation attack.

lmao if they don't plan to buy more than 2 batteries its no used to have it.

and iron dome shouldn't be put in a big city(unlike in Israel), it should be put around an area with high density of key infrastructures (ex. naval-port, airport, industrial complex and etc).

btw is there any news regarding purchasing new batch or AIM 120 in the future?
the first batch was 36 C-7 ver, isn't that an insufficient number?
currently we have 25 F16 that mean only 18 can be sortie at once with minim 2 AIM 120 at a time or 9 with 4 at a time
and don't forget we have 2 squadrons of F16 in 2 different airbases, I doubt they will store all the AIM 120 in one airbase
-___-"

For the 18 tons Light Tank with 12.7 mm RCWS any more info? Iinm Pindad is developing a 8x8 APC variant with RCWS. But that is not a tank.

I'm afraid i'm equally as blind as you in regard certain points in this proposal chart including light tank with 12.7 mm RCWS programme

No need for OSA system lah, lack of integration with rest of our system quite out of date

Everyone is free to forward proposal yet it's up to users or MoD to accept/decline the proposal. So nothing serious yet simply a proposal of rebranding Osa SAM system

idk how the TNI will prioritize which things that more important than other but I do know that if the system is spread out in a big area and unlike how it being used in Israel it'll be prone to saturation attack.

lmao if they don't plan to buy more than 2 batteries its no used to have it.

and iron dome shouldn't be put in a big city(unlike in Israel), it should be put around an area with high density of key infrastructures (ex. naval-port, airport, industrial complex and etc).

btw is there any news regarding purchasing new batch or AIM 120 in the future?
the first batch was 36 C-7 ver, isn't that an insufficient number?
currently we have 25 F16 that mean only 18 can be sortie at once with minim 2 AIM 120 at a time or 9 with 4 at a time
and don't forget we have 2 squadrons of F16 in 2 different airbases, I doubt they will store all the AIM 120 in one airbase
-___-"
It's more than enough for peace time.
Nanti yg sering digotong tuga yg captive kok. Misil ada masa pakainya, klo sudah dibuka kemasannya dan dicantelin juga umurnya kurang lagi.
Kayaknya yg sering dipakai bakal cuma beberapa aja. Sisanya masuk storage untuk beberapa tahun kedepan.

But if we calculate the needs for nasams.
Yeah. I think we have to buy few more

I'm afraid i'm equally as blind as you in regard certain points in this proposal chart including light tank with 12.7 mm RCWS programme
Interesting to see further news of this Light Tank with 12.7mm RCWS.

but what is that?
Can it carry trops?
APC?
IFV?
A tank but only carry 12.7mm gun?
you know that TNI generalized all tracked vehicle as "tank" right...

strategic place like airport / airbase / naval base , for wide area defense , i think we should just procure more fighters
but what is that?
Can it carry trops?
APC?
IFV?
A tank but only carry 12.7mm gun?
you know that TNI generalized all tracked vehicle as "tank" right...

maybe this one
110227_tankpindad.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom