What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Kegiatan sinergi PUI Komposit Polimer Balai Teknologi Polimer - BPPT dan Pustekbang LAPAN bersama PT Dirgantara Indonesia dalam rangka diskusi untuk pengembangan Composite Float N219 A di PT. Lundin, Banyuwangi. (09/07/19)

Klewang 2.0
D_BXKA6UcAEdJcr.jpg

Last edited:
If ur still interested with Simulation games, I recommend to Look into "DCS World" (Digital Combat Simulator World)
even if u can't play it under some circumstances (equipment and all that stuff) there's a lot of video on BVR/Dogfight tactic and strategies on it, it's a great place to start and might also want to learn how to fly a jet also lol.

and if u like hyper-realistic strategies stuff "Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY" is SUPER DOPE but the downside is it's extremely hard to learn.

if u love to learn the mechanic behind armored vehicles I recommend to go to "http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/" and "http://www.tank-net.com"

for news, I usually go to blog and youtube by naval news, Jane, navy recognition and etc

p.s F-14 is too op, like seriously AIM-54 Phoenix is too good in BVR.

DCS World / Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY, thanks. I will check it out, I havent been playing simulator for a while. My interest shifted to strategy game more, specially realistic war game.

Armored vehicle? thank you for the link man. My favourite tank is still Merkava with Trophy APS.

F-14 a.k.a Tomcat was a great fighter, with AIM-54 Phoenix makes a deadly combination. Funny only Iran had Phoenix outside of US back then, a very special US ally. Now they at the brink of some ugly clash. In politic nothing last forever right? :D

Really good toys indeed.View attachment 568872
Well according to this infographic from Fb page FSM the next RENSTRA ( 2019 - 2024 ) we intend to acquire 6 new radar units, 2 air defence regiments & 5 long/medium range SAMs detachments. Most likely more NASAMS and AIM-120C + AIM-9X to equip both F-16s & NASAMS themself.

I like how TNI-AU projected themselves in a future. How they expand SkaTek, SatHar, adding more type A/C base is key for their logistics. Additional 6 new radar is good move, lots of comments and blog/news seems to talk more about Fighter plane. They are fail to understand the underline of air def is the integration of various active/passive radar, def/atck components into 1 formidable force. Radar is one key area that we need to improve greatly, more active and passive radar would be nice.

As for SAM, NASAMS is a great choice. It should be interesting to see the choice of our long range SAM in a future. For now I can only scratch the surface of what makes a good SAM good, specially long range one. For now Im studying the S400 systems. The way they using multiple radar (tracking/locking/jamming) and integrated into one SAM system is really intrigued me. Well at least on paper the idea is great, as we all know sometime they like to sugar coated their product more then they should :D

I like how TNI-AU projected themselves in a future. How they expand SkaTek, SatHar, adding more type A/C base is key for their logistics. Additional 6 new radar is good move, lots of comments and blog/news seems to talk more about Fighter plane. They are fail to understand the underline of air def is the integration of various active/passive radar, def/atck components into 1 formidable force. Radar is one key area that we need to improve greatly, more active and passive radar would be nice.

As for SAM, NASAMS is a great choice. It should be interesting to see the choice of our long range SAM in a future. For now I can only scratch the surface of what makes a good SAM good, specially long range one. For now Im studying the S400 systems. The way they using multiple radar (tracking/locking/jamming) and integrated into one SAM system is really intrigued me. Well at least on paper the idea is great, as we all know sometime they like to sugar coated their product more then they should :D
Meanwhile.....

*CAATSA : Let us introduce ourselves ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Really good toys indeed.View attachment 568872
Well according to this infographic from Fb page FSM the next RENSTRA ( 2019 - 2024 ) we intend to acquire 6 new radar units, 2 air defence regiments & 5 long/medium range SAMs detachments. Most likely more NASAMS and AIM-120C + AIM-9X to equip both F-16s & NASAMS themself.
At least with arrangement of 2 new air defence regiments and 5 new long / medium detachments, all of our air base, radars, capital cities of provinces and defence industry bases will be protected.

No S400 mase...

We will not acquired S400 for our long range defence.

Apparently our Intelligence Operatives' special capability includes buying any things from Israel.
A4 Skyhawk weren't the only things we acquired from Israel. Operation Beta just barely talked in public

At least with arrangement of 2 new air defence regiments and 5 new long / medium detachments, all of our air base, radars, capital cities of provinces and defence industry bases will be protected.

No S400 mase...

We will not acquired S400 for our long range defence.

Yes, not while CAATSA is in effective & not while Trump is in office especially nowadays when S-400 is pretty much highlighted due to Turkish acquisition. Follow up orders for more NASAMS systems and the missile ammunitions are more likely to happen in future.

A4 Skyhawk weren't the only things we acquired from Israel. Operation Beta just barely talked in public

Yes, not while CAATSA is in effective & not while Trump is in office especially nowadays when S-400 is pretty much highlighted due to Turkish acquisition. Follow up orders for more NASAMS systems and the missile ammunitions are more likely to happen in future.

Patriot system or Iris T/SAMPT

View attachment 569018
I can't say about SAMP/T however back in 2017 there was presentation from Rheinmetall about complementing our Skyshield & Chiron with IRIS-T as integrated air defence system in Natuna, but that simply a proposal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/2012-07-10/sea-sparrow-joins-nasams-stable?amp

And according to last paragraph of this article NASAMS has also fired German Diehl IRIS-T.
Same move by ukraine and polish developer utilize R-27 air to air missile on land AA platform, smart move no need more RnD budget for new AA missile, the basic french teach with mica, or german and US using sparow for RIM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom