What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

RBU 6000 is not really my favorite thing if we are talking about ASW, it's something else entirely. ASW role is indeed better suited for corvettes and light frigates, so i'm hoping at least the future replacement for Pattimura-class could be fitted with better ASW suite, TASS (CAPTAS 1?) and of course ASW heli with dipping sonar, better arms up those Panthers. Btw is it possible to fit surface combatants with torpedo countermeasure? Actually, an ASW MPA could be a tremendous boost to our ASW capability, especially in long-range hunting scenario, where immediate response from the surface fleet is unavailable, of course i meant something more than these duckface CN-235 MPA, you know it, and some information sources confirms the military's interest with that aircraft, but then there's a fight of whether the Air Force or the Navy get to operate it.

is there any MPA aircraft in our current inventory that can drop torpedoes or sonobuoy ?

I dont know how you got this figure bro... But is fun right...

But its not an imagenary one ok.... I work for almost 7 years in almost every day I must facing... Another calculation of such number, auditor etc etc... Event as crazy as someone want to put cows on hercules, i belive that terms a holly cows really comes are LOL... Btw our shipyard capability is limited due the facility of the dock, not much of our shipyard able to handle more than 2000 ton in their dry dock.. So yes... Why i just say kornas, or national corvette program, limited on 1500-1700 ton ship, thats what the most productive line in our shipyard. What i was said its rather ambitious than reality, so please correct me if I'm wrong

But i love your joke cheers bro

If only we build 1500 ton corvette ships, we could build 16 ships at 5 different private dock location in just 2 years. While for another additional 2 years is for sea trials and sensors, weaponry and countermeasures installments. Thus we only need 4 years to build 16 unit of 1500 ton corvettes to replace our parchims. We could use the teraflux design on bakamla's 80 m opv and revise the superstructure in the middle to give rooms for the secondary gun, missiles launchers and torpedo tubes.

is there any MPA aircraft in our current inventory that can drop torpedoes or sonobuoy ?
No for the sonobuoys, but CN 235 MPA did have 6 hardpoints capable for carrying AM39 Exocet and Mk46 Torpedo. I suggest that you anticipate some development in 2020, there might be a surprise.

If only we build 1500 ton corvette ships, we could build 16 ships at 5 different private dock location in just 2 years. While for another additional 2 years is for sea trials and sensors, weaponry and countermeasures installments. Thus we only need 4 years to build 16 unit of 1500 ton corvettes to replace our parchims. We could use the teraflux design on bakamla's 80 m opv and revise the superstructure in the middle to give rooms for the secondary gun, missiles launchers and torpedo tubes.
Yes you've got the point bro, if there are political will its possible. It just need 5 years to replace all the parchims, its just need 3-5 shipyard konsorsium... But the difficult part its political, if we build sigma base design its need longer time coz the shipyard capability and all the paperwork, but if we just utilize the design available not from the VOC boat maker, its possible... Thats way i hate when someone said .. We all build parchim replacement base on sigma bla..bla..bla.. ...Sales...
And all technicaly difficulties like presition betwen block can be eliminated, not all shipyard have the presision steel plate cuter, miss an inch all section is waste, i believe this tech only applied by the dutch to prevent shipyard building ship by its own capacity, so prefer to monoblock common building, its common in many shipyard

No for the sonobuoys, but CN 235 MPA did have 6 hardpoints capable for carrying AM39 Exocet and Mk46 Torpedo. I suggest that you anticipate some development in 2020, there might be a surprise.
Yes.. Your expertise is in that area cheers bro

Last edited:
the Indonesian Air Force Su-30MK2 fighters maintenance, at Sultan Hasanuddin Airbase

Original taken from colleagues dambiev in Maintenance Su-30MK2 fighters Sultan Hasanuddin airbase in the Indonesian Air Force Maintenance is carried out under the supervision of the Russian aviation holding company "Sukhoi"

7055123_original.jpg

7055462_original.jpg

7055663_original.jpg

7055931_original.jpg

Last edited:

F-16 fire their amraams
"at close to their maximum range of 100 kilometers"
seems to be used for posturing the enemies rather for a kill shot.
obviously, all of the Indian aircraft survive cuz the amraam would definitely lose a lot of their energy with that range and the Indian aircraft would just crank it to easily defense it at those range...

F-16 fire their amraams
"at close to their maximum range of 100 kilometers"
seems to be used for posturing the enemies rather for a kill shot.
obviously, all of the Indian aircraft survive cuz the amraam would definitely lose a lot of their energy with that range and the Indian aircraft would just crank it to easily defense it at those range...

His point is (with a good strategy) even standard falcon can make custom build sukhoi "mati kutu" IF we can weaponize it properly.

His point is (with a good strategy) even standard falcon can make custom build sukhoi "mati kutu" IF we can weaponize it properly.
Btw, i'm curious of why Israeli weapons is such a hot thing on the market? India, Vietnam, Brazil and various countries around the world seems to eye Israeli product as the prime "alternative option", why? what are the qualities that make their product competitive compared to other suppliers?

Btw, i'm curious of why Israeli weapons is such a hot thing on the market? India, Vietnam, Brazil and various countries around the world seems to eye Israeli product as the prime "alternative option", why? what are the qualities that make their product competitive compared to other suppliers?

Israel is basically prime-looped into US Military industrial complex. So they take the best stuff from there and refine/optimise it even more.....but you can then get from them rather than buy from US (which can be issue for countries wanting to maintain some distance from US).

I understand what he means, BVR capabilities is a must in modern air to air combat.
(Base on my experience in DCS lol)

what I was trying to point out is that the Pakistani F-16 didn't seem to re-committed after it fires it aim 120 to posture Indians Aircraft and why didn't do so? maybe it wasn't in their list of TO-DO lol

or just try to eye at south africa product like denel , im pretty sure they also had some israeli technology on it , Denel right now is trying to find cooperation partner for their Umkhonto-R Development (currently in negotiate with brazil) if we can lay some hand on that project , that would literally boost our air defence capabilty , its very unlikely for us to developed anti ship missile in near future right now since they required turbojet engine , we rather need to focus on surface to air missile development since its mostly just use rocket motors (which our LAPAN and dahana company already had some portion of its technology)

I understand what he means, BVR capabilities is a must in modern air to air combat.
(Base on my experience in DCS lol)

what I was trying to point out is that the Pakistani F-16 didn't seem to re-committed after it fires it aim 120 to posture Indians Aircraft and why didn't do so? maybe it wasn't in their list of TO-DO lol
Maybe to posture MKI to abandoned their task to cover smaller jet (mig21 and mirage). Their prime target was those bunch smaller jet who did ground strike afterall.

or just try to eye at south africa product like denel , im pretty sure they also had some israeli technology on it , Denel right now is trying to find cooperation partner for their Umkhonto-R Development (currently in negotiate with brazil) if we can lay some hand on that project , that would literally boost our air defence capabilty , its very unlikely for us to developed anti ship missile in near future right now since they required turbojet engine , we rather need to focus on surface to air missile development since its mostly just use rocket motors (which our LAPAN and dahana company already had some portion of its technology)

Because in spite of whatever some Indonesians want to tell you Israeli weapons are among the best in the world.

Their country's entire economy literally relies on their defense products exports.

Literally almost every weapon on the planet has Israeli made components in the over the fact of how cheap and reliable they are.

It is my firm belief that we stand absolutely no benefit supporting Palestine whereas opening bilateral trade and defense relationships with Israel would significantly boost out capabilities.

the Indonesian Air Force Su-30MK2 fighters maintenance, at Sultan Hasanuddin Airbase

Original taken from colleagues dambiev in Maintenance Su-30MK2 fighters Sultan Hasanuddin airbase in the Indonesian Air Force Maintenance is carried out under the supervision of the Russian aviation holding company "Sukhoi"

7055123_original.jpg

7055462_original.jpg

7055663_original.jpg

7055931_original.jpg
Oh look, Flankers undergoing heavy maintenance, again.

What a surprise

Back
Top Bottom