What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

We do have a plan to station at least a battery size units of MLRS in Tanjung Datu, Natuna
That's good, a good idea to be realized, ASTROS II with AV-TCM could act as both land attack artillery, and a dual function cruise missile platform for both land and naval target, only if we are interested in it's naval version, X-300 tho, nonetheless, it's perfect for Natuna. It's 300km range is quite good for the deal, it's speed is subsonic however at 0.85 Mach, but that's also very close to that of Tomahawk's.

Apparently your source article is written by an Army artillery general, i guess that adds a weight to the opinion?

i hoped for a bigger integrated force at Natuna tho, comprised of unit from all branches, Army, Navy (Marines) and Air Force, i think Natuna should be it's own thing and receive special attention from the government, kinda like the (future) "Pearl Harbor" of Indonesia, making Natuna a fortress will tremendously boost our power projection towards the northern border. But for that, i guess we should wait for MEF 3 or even up to 2030 for a real commitment towards Natuna's development.

Two Repaired Su-30MK Fighter Jets Ready for Shipment to Indonesia

TSAMTO - OJSC 558 ARZ (Baranovichi, Republic of Belarus) completed maintenance and repair of two Su-30MK fighter jets of the Indonesian Air Force.

According to Scramble Magazine, in early July, both aircraft (sn. TS-3001 and TS-3002) were seen at the site of the overhaul center of the aircraft repair plant in Baranavichy, presumably awaiting shipment to the customer.

According to the publication, the aircraft has been upgraded to the level of the Su-30MK2, although this information has not yet been officially confirmed.

As TSAMTO already reported, on December 9, 2015, the Indonesian Air Force in its press release reported that two multi-purpose fighter aircraft Su-27SK with tail numbers TS-2701 and TS-2702, produced in 2003, will be repaired in Belarus. As reported, on December 8, 2015, both planes were loaded aboard an An-124 Ruslan chartered plane.

In April 2018, the Tribune News edition, citing a representative of the Indonesian Air Force, announced that it would overhaul four Su fighter planes of the Indonesian Air Force (two Su-27SKs and two Su-30MKs).

Two repaired Su-27SK fighters were returned to the Sultan Hasanuddin airbase on August 3, 2017 on board the An-124-100M Ruslan transport aircraft. Earlier, on the March 15, 2017, two Su-30MKs also produced in 2003 were delivered to Belarus for maintenance and repair.

Following the meeting of the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Belarus to Indonesia Valery Kolesnik with the commander (chief of staff) of the Indonesian Air Force, Air Marshal Yu Sutisna on May 25, 2018 in Mabesu Chilangkap (East Jakarta), it was announced that Indonesia expects to receive two repaired Su-30MKs by September 2018 year. It is obvious that the return of the aircraft to the customer was delayed.

The 11th Squadron of the 5th Aviation Wing deployed at the Sultan Hasanuddin airbase is armed with 16 vehicles from the Su mixed fleet: two Su-27SKs (obtained in 2003) and three Su-27SKMs (2010), as well as two Su-30MK (2003) and nine Su-30MK2 (2008-2013).
ts-3001-ts-3002-jpg.568669

Attachments

• ts-3001-ts-3002.jpg
    ts-3001-ts-3002.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,761
Old 2010 documents on our refusal for " Project 636 " submarine and proposal for Mi-17 & Mi-35 simulators.
Credit to Fb page World Defense Zone

Attachments

• FB_IMG_15613848378165882.jpg
    FB_IMG_15613848378165882.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 180
  • FB_IMG_15613848268226096.jpg
    FB_IMG_15613848268226096.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 183
  • FB_IMG_15613848178766981.jpg
    FB_IMG_15613848178766981.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 156
Old 2010 documents on our refusal for " Project 636 " submarine and proposal for Mi-17 & Mi-35 simulators.
Credit to Fb page World Defense Zone
I still can't understand the decision to buy Mi-35s, they just seems so out-of-place today, it's better for us to have additional Apaches instead.

MI 35P is good tho it can transport troop and have attack capability like apache, it like flying IFV

Well the acquisition of Mi-17 & Mi-35 for Puspenerbad predated AH-64E procurement and yes i actually dislike both choppers. I'm thinking won't it better if we set Super Puma family ( NAS-332 or newer H-225M ) as standard interservice medium lift helicopter as for AH-64E, i wish we can get full 16 units squadron in future

Well the acquisition of Mi-17 & Mi-35 for Puspenerbad predated AH-64E procurement and yes i actually dislike both choppers. I'm thinking won't it better if we set Super Puma family ( NAS-332 or newer H-225M ) as standard interservice medium lift helicopter as for AH-64E, i wish we can get full 16 units squadron in future
as for h225m , we're going that way

the palestine thingy would literally enraged 3/4 of the country population , you should also consider for political stability within our nation , especially with palestine-israeli problem are very sensitive in here , no diplomatic relation does not mean we could not buy israeli stuff , just do like what in the past with Aerostar UAV and our A-4 Skyhawk , im actually hoping indonesia really do cooperation with south africa , their defense industries are good or even on par with israeli
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
superb maneuverability = putting lot of stress to the airframe , so no surprise for heavy maintenance

No, it's not.

Israeli products blows anything South Africa offers straight out of the water.

No, it's not.

Israeli products blows anything South Africa offers straight out of the water.

"Denel did previously field a radar-guided Darter-series missile, the R-Darter; but this was in fact a repackaged Israeli Rafael Derby beyond visual range air-to-air (BVRAAM) missile. This was put in service with the SA Air Force (SAAF) as the V4. Cabinet, in 2003, decided to retire the V4 when the Cheetah fighter jet was withdrawn from service as the missile contained Israeli technology and required continued assistance from that country to remain operational."

like i said , they do wield some portion of "Israeli" tech inside their weapons

Honestly i am neutral about Palestine, i am for the idea that we shouldn't restrict ourselves just to show support
for them, we talked about them way too much compared to them talking about us. We are a Southeast Asian country who pretended that a Middle-Eastern Jewish state with considerable military influence doesn't exist or just merely a political commodity/scapegoat, from a neutral PoV, this doesn't make sense, especially considering Israel is much more stable as a state compared to Palestine, and of course, is a much more beneficial country to cooperate with.

I am for a cooperation in technology, defense and intelligence with the Israeli, but i won't expect a complete normalization like in the case of Egypt, there's too much diplomatic backlash that might happen. I expect Israel would welcome the idea, that the world's largest muslim majority country chooses to be at peace with them, they may come to Bali more easily and Indonesians could go to Israel to study and for pilgrimage more easily. We have done this (secret cooperation) before during Orba period with the Skyhawks' acquisiton.

TNI, Polri and BIN tho, had cooperate with them in secret since Orba era, and still going fine, not even the dumbest nutjobs would ever dare to protest their policy with the Israeli.
Honestly, a lot of Indonesians REALLY need to grow up.

Like it or Not, Israel exists and their claim of being a legitimate Jewish state is just as valid if not more so than Palestine's. Also, Judaism is a just as valid of a religion as Islam and I'm saying that as a Muslim.

And to tell you the truth, our middle eastern "bretheren" really **** us over more than they actually help us. Hell they're even paying boatloads of money to the government making sure were heavily dependent on Arab oil by getting the government to suspend Pertamina shale gas extraction (Indonesia has the 5th largest shale gas reserves in the world, right behind the US. If we were to actually start extracting it, we'd be free of Arab oil for the next 100 years)

"Denel did previously field a radar-guided Darter-series missile, the R-Darter; but this was in fact a repackaged Israeli Rafael Derby beyond visual range air-to-air (BVRAAM) missile. This was put in service with the SA Air Force (SAAF) as the V4. Cabinet, in 2003, decided to retire the V4 when the Cheetah fighter jet was withdrawn from service as the missile contained Israeli technology and required continued assistance from that country to remain operational."
And?

That's literally how ALL defense products works. You're going to have to keep buying spare parts from the country the product originated from in order for it to keep working.

What, you think you can buy Apache components from the Brazilians?

Honestly, a lot of Indonesians REALLY need to grow up.

Like it or Not, Israel exists and their claim of being a legitimate Jewish state is just as valid if not more so than Palestine's. Also, Judaism is a just as valid of a religion as Islam and I'm saying that as a Muslim.

And to tell you the truth, our middle eastern "bretheren" really **** us over more than they actually help us. Hell they're even paying boatloads of money to the government making sure were heavily dependent on Arab oil by getting the government to suspend Pertamina shale gas extraction (Indonesia has the 5th largest shale gas reserves in the world, right behind the US. If we were to actually start extracting it, we'd be free of Arab oil for the next 100 years)

And?

That's literally how ALL defense products works. You're going to have to keep buying spare parts from the country the product originated from in order for it to keep working.

What, you think you can buy Apache components from the Brazilians?

even though it's hard to seperate content about "alutsista" from politics , we need to get this thread not derailed from sista focused content , shall we stop here or we will get deeper into even "saudi monarchy and mid east sect and tribal conflict" stuff ??

Two Repaired Su-30MK Fighter Jets Ready for Shipment to Indonesia

TSAMTO - OJSC 558 ARZ (Baranovichi, Republic of Belarus) completed maintenance and repair of two Su-30MK fighter jets of the Indonesian Air Force.

According to Scramble Magazine, in early July, both aircraft (sn. TS-3001 and TS-3002) were seen at the site of the overhaul center of the aircraft repair plant in Baranavichy, presumably awaiting shipment to the customer.

According to the publication, the aircraft has been upgraded to the level of the Su-30MK2, although this information has not yet been officially confirmed.

As TSAMTO already reported, on December 9, 2015, the Indonesian Air Force in its press release reported that two multi-purpose fighter aircraft Su-27SK with tail numbers TS-2701 and TS-2702, produced in 2003, will be repaired in Belarus. As reported, on December 8, 2015, both planes were loaded aboard an An-124 Ruslan chartered plane.

In April 2018, the Tribune News edition, citing a representative of the Indonesian Air Force, announced that it would overhaul four Su fighter planes of the Indonesian Air Force (two Su-27SKs and two Su-30MKs).

Two repaired Su-27SK fighters were returned to the Sultan Hasanuddin airbase on August 3, 2017 on board the An-124-100M Ruslan transport aircraft. Earlier, on the March 15, 2017, two Su-30MKs also produced in 2003 were delivered to Belarus for maintenance and repair.

Following the meeting of the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Belarus to Indonesia Valery Kolesnik with the commander (chief of staff) of the Indonesian Air Force, Air Marshal Yu Sutisna on May 25, 2018 in Mabesu Chilangkap (East Jakarta), it was announced that Indonesia expects to receive two repaired Su-30MKs by September 2018 year. It is obvious that the return of the aircraft to the customer was delayed.

The 11th Squadron of the 5th Aviation Wing deployed at the Sultan Hasanuddin airbase is armed with 16 vehicles from the Su mixed fleet: two Su-27SKs (obtained in 2003) and three Su-27SKMs (2010), as well as two Su-30MK (2003) and nine Su-30MK2 (2008-2013).
ts-3001-ts-3002-jpg.568669

I love these jets, they look awesome :D What I dont get is why we still have to send the whole plane oversea for service after all this years of having them? If its the engine I can understand that. Or is it some kind of heavy SLEP? I am not a rusky nor US fans club, perhaps there is someone in here that could enlighten me. What is the main issue? Lack of knowledge transfer from the maker? Lack of tools? Politics? Business?

I love these jets, they look awesome :D What I dont get is why we still have to send the whole plane oversea for service after all this years of having them? If its the engine I can understand that. Or is it some kind of heavy SLEP? I am not a rusky nor US fans club, perhaps there is someone in here that could enlighten me. What is the main issue? Lack of knowledge transfer from the maker? Lack of tools? Politics? Business?

buat ngasih makan karyawan sana :D , udah banyak perusahaan yang bangkrut disana , producer bmp-3 (KTZ) juga dulu mau bangkrut

Back
Top Bottom