What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

bLrGvY.jpg

88db409fb790c6fd238dcb6c0d0a35ba-jpg.505063

011982d3def7b46e39333aa5c1fbb84f-jpg.505064

c238718a1be45effe36d08e323bb24d4-jpg.505062

https://www.aa.com.tr/id/pg/Galeri Foto/kerjasama-indonesia-turki-dalam-pengembangan-pesawat-tanpa-awak-/214

Interesting to see a model of a 8x8 APC beside the two Pindad Medium Tank models. Looks like a new type 8x8 APC. Noticed also the Medium Tank model at the front has different front hull design than the Medium Tank model in the background. The hull design of the Medium Tank model in the background is the same as the Pindad Medium Tank Prototype.

Last edited:
Interesting to see a model of a 8x8 APC beside the two Pindad Medium Tank models. Looks like a new type 8x8 APC. Noticed also the Medium Tank model at the front has different front hull design than the Medium Tank model in the background. The hull design of the Medium Tank model in the background is the same as the Pindad Medium Tank Prototype.

There is no difference in the hull for me, it's just viewed from different angle. But still the same hull as the prototype.

There is no difference in the hull for me, it's just viewed from different angle. But still the same hull as the prototype.
Its different. The difference is in the front section of the front hull. You can see from the pic below the position of the triangular steel bar for hooking (red circle) is positioned rather in the middle of the front hull. There is more slope in design from the triangular steel bar to the position of the headlamp (blue line) section compared to the Medium Tank model in the background. Iirc...there was news after the successful mobility & live firing tests the CEO of PT Pindad said that there will be some minor changes in the design.

20181016_062744.jpg

20181016_071255.jpg

20181016_071325.jpg

Last edited:
the one on the front has armor skirting
The armor side skirt is obviously the different with one is without the armor side skirt. But if you look closely at the front end of the front hull of both of the Medium Tank models you will see the difference. There is a slope angle between the triangular steel bar and the front end of the front hull section (red line).

20181016_071255.jpg

20181016_104246.jpg

20181016_071325.jpg

20181016_105159.jpg

Last edited:
The armor side skirt is obviously the different with one is without the armor side skirt. But if you look closely at the front end of the front hull of both of the Medium Tank models you will see the difference. There is a slope angle between the triangular steel bar and the front end of the front hull section (red line).

View attachment 505515

View attachment 505531

View attachment 505516

View attachment 505533

I think it's more of inaccurate modeling than an actual design.
The placements of front lifting eyes on the first photo made no sense. That location should be where the spaced armor present, that means it has no direct contact with the hull. The lifting eye needs to be welded directly to the hull to be able to effectively spread and bear the load (weight) of the hull when it need to be lifted off the ground. CMIIW.

I think it's more of inaccurate modeling than an actual design.
The placements of front lifting eyes on the first photo made no sense. That location should be where the spaced armor present, that means it has no direct contact with the hull. The lifting eye needs to be welded directly to the hull to be able to effectively spread and bear the load (weight) of the hull when it need to be lifted off the ground. CMIIW.
I was wondering what is the name of those triangular steel bar in english...now i know "lifting eyes". Tq.

Yes i was thinking the same thing. That is why i said by looking at the placemet of the lifting eyes there are two different Medium Tank models. The placement of the front lifting eyes should be like the Medium Tank in the background. The more accurate one is the model in the background. Btw i'm guessing that these models are made by 3D Printing right?

8x8 APC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom