What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

however the failure to cope with the fact that indonesia is already under heavy chinese influence (atleast compared to the last regime's) could be harmful to us......

How come you conclude that Indonesia is under heavy influence of China? (wait... do you mean chinese or china?) and In what sense?

What i can see is that the current administration have a pretty independent and tough foreign policy, and they have no problem in taking hard stance to any China encroachment in SCS.

For current adm, it's Indonesia first.

How come you conclude that Indonesia is under heavy influence of China? (wait... do you mean chinese or china?) and In what sense?

What i can see is that the current administration have a pretty independent and tough foreign policy, and they have no problem in taking hard stance to any China encroachment in SCS.

Ok maybe i'm a bit overly there, but one thing we must understand that, yes, china(prc) now has more grip and influence on indonesia, have you notice just how small(in quantity) chinese illegal fishing boat had been detained in indonesia compared to other countries???............its one thing to look strong in scs, but its another thing to actually act strong in scs.......

ever since the grasberg mine incident, i'm more than convinced that there are some officials who wants to sell this country. as usual it's always between US and China around.

ever since the grasberg mine incident, i'm more than convinced that there are some officials who wants to sell this country. as usual it's always between US and China around.
Looking back at indonesian history since the days of dutch colonialism, shows that many of the leaders are more than willing to sell the country like cheap prostitutes to foreign powers.......I'm not saying the current admin is trying to, but there is always a possibility......just saying

have you notice just how small(in quantity) chinese illegal fishing boat had been detained in indonesia compared to other countries???............

I won't assume anything.

As you said, Indonesia is very strategic, and important. China wouldn't wish to be put into Indonesia's bad book. They will try to maintain fruitful and healty relation with Indonesia as long as possible, thus avoiding unnecessary conflict and tension.

Plus, it would looks really bad and embarasing for China if we keep capturing their fishing boats and blowing them off with all the media cover. That would be a slap in the face for them. So, i think they also actively persuade their fisherman not to encroach Indonesia waters.

Like it or not indonesia is getting more and more under chinese influence.....deal with it
If we were on chinese influence we would never change the name of the sea surrounding natuna and not gonna put millitary hardware there, indeed the chinese won several big project the last few year, but that is bussiness, they won it because of competitive price, we were trying to make the chinese built us infrastructure with their own money like we do to the japanese in the 80-90's,

I won't assume anything.

As you said, Indonesia is very strategic, and important. China wouldn't wish to be put into Indonesia's bad book. They will try to maintain fruitful and healty relation with Indonesia as long as posible, thus avoiding unnecessary conflict and tension.

Plus, it would looks really bad and embarasing for China if we keep capturing their fishing boats and blowing them off with all the media cover. That would be a slap in the face for them. So, i think they also actively persuade their fisherman not to encroach Indonesia waters.
Its another thing if china is trying to maintain relationship with indonesia......in this case china and indonesia really need each other, indonesia needs china's money for investment.....while china needs indonesia to stay out of conflict and allied themself with chinese foe.....but one thing for sure that yes they're influence is growing......and we must watch it closely

If we were on chinese influence we would never change the name of the sea surrounding natuna and not gonna put millitary hardware there, indeed the chinese won several big project the last few year, but that is bussiness, they won it because of competitive price, we were trying to make the chinese built us infrastructure with their own money like we do to the japanese in the 80-90's,
As i said.....its one thing to look strong in scs.....but its another thing to act strong in the scs

The chinese actually a good ballance check for japanase, korean, american (western) influence, they gave us option, and make chinese competitor woeing us with better deal, we are neutral country, our only concern is to our own benefits not to america nor china

As i said.....its one thing to look strong in scs.....but its another thing to act strong in the scs
Act strong!!?? What kind of strong act do you suggest!?

Indeed. It's Indonesia first.

Today, China is rising and we shouldn't shy away.. We take advantage, and rise. We might find someday... Indonesia become a global influencer.

Act strong!!?? What kind of strong act do you suggest!?
Well there's a lot of illegal chinese fishing vessel out there.....why not try bring them here,......???? China wouldn't want to upset indonesia just because we take few of their boats for dinner right???

Today, China is rising and we shouldn't shy away.. We take advantage, and rise. We might find someday... Indonesia become a global influencer.
We need chinese money, technology and economic hub, but it doesn't mean we sell our sovereignity, come on man, we don't want to be like the phillipinos in cold war era, they taking side and make their country dependant to U.S.A,

Well I doubt about that. We are "too nice" and "too distrustful" to even achieve that. Today's govt. Is one thing, however history shows that we aren't punching above our weight, or rather reluctant to do so.

Well there's a lot of illegal chinese fishing vessel out there.....why not try bring them here,......???? China wouldn't want to upset indonesia just because we take few of their boats for dinner right???
Yes there are plenty chinese fishing vessel out there, but they are smarter than the vietnamese, thai, malaysian and fillipinos, the chinese buy license to fish here, built cold storage in indonesia and built canned factory for their fish that they catch here in indonesia and exported it to their mother land, not like others who just stole it

Yes there are plenty chinese fishing vessel out there, but they are smarter than the vietnamese, thai, malaysian and fillipinos, the chinese buy license to fish here, built cold storage in indonesia and built canned factory for their fish that they catch here in indonesia and exported it to their mother land, not like others who just stole it
Buy license.......then why their coast guard confronts our navy back then, afterall they had their.license right????
So our dignity and territory is equal to a canned fish factory to you?? Lol, i suggest we exchange ambalat with proton factory and production in karawang.....
If we keep being such a.weaklings, then expect china will lose respect for our own national interest.......

We need chinese money, technology and economic hub, but it doesn't mean we sell our sovereignity, come on man, we don't want to be like the phillipinos in cold war era, they taking side and make their country dependant to U.S.A,

Indonesia will rise together with any countries that wish to rise peacefully. We don't take side, we take advantage.. :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom