What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

reLaunching KRI Cakalang 852, setelah dipersenjatai marlin WS 30mm

kri 1.jpg

Why "only China can sell drones to" Indonesia? What about Russia, Israel, India, USA, and EU? Some of these countries are selling you guys warplanes then why not drones?

Actually, every country can sell drones to us. But alas, our purse is not "prosper" so we only buy cheap ones. And if you don't know already, Indonesia is getting very close to China in current regime than the last three regimes.

That said, I myself worry about my nation, because in the near future China may take over my country, well, not necessarily by force but by economy. I'm not even sure in 2020 we still "safe" but I pray God give us the best.

Maybe this quote can answer your Question.

english:
In addition, related to the drone purchase plan, the minister explained that the government is seeking "drones" of quality and affordability as well as adequate technology transfer capability for Indonesia's defense industry independence.

Ah, does that means Indonesia got its desired tech transfer for its purchase of American and Russian jet fighters? Russian said the Su-35 is like gen4++ jet fighter. So, if Indonesia gets the enough tech transfer then it can start to build similar jet fighters.

Actually, every country can sell drones to us. But alas, our purse is not "prosper" so we only buy cheap ones. And if you don't know already, Indonesia is getting very close to China in current regime than the last three regimes.

That said, I myself worry about my nation, because in the near future China may take over my country, well, not necessarily by force but by economy. I'm not even sure in 2020 we still "safe" but I pray God give us the best.
What the f*ck are you talking about!!??
How the hell china can "take over" indonesia!?don't tell me you are one of those 212 guys, use your brain man, who do you think we are, a bunch of dumb ***!! We are smarter than that, please don't insult your own intelectual!!

Ah, does that means Indonesia got its desired tech transfer for its purchase of American and Russian jet fighters? Russian said the Su-35 is like gen4++ jet fighter. So, if Indonesia gets the enough tech transfer then it can start to build similar jet fighters.

That's the plan, we like to get a certain degree of tech transfer from every aquisition.. so we could improve our own defense industry.. as you know we are cooperating with Sokor to develop our own 4.5 gen fighter jet.. so a little bit tech transfer from here and there could help us along the way to realize this plan...

Other succesfull cooperation regarding tech transfer process are:
- LPD
- Light frigate
- Medium tank
- etc..

Weibel Radar
radar.jpg

Last edited:
We already on the way of starting to learn how to make jet fighter by colaborating with south korea on KFX program, in indonesia weapon purchase it is obligated to have transfer of technology in every aspect so we can Learn to built our own not just buying it

What the f*ck are you talking about!!??
How the hell china can "take over" indonesia!?don't tell me you are one of those 212 guys, use your brain man, who do you think we are, a bunch of dumb ***!! We are smarter than that, please don't insult your own intelectual!!
Like it or not indonesia is getting more and more under chinese influence.....deal with it

China is a new global hegemon, of course their influence are spreading around the world. This is not a problem specific to Indonesia. Caution is wise but we don't have to become alarmist and overly worried over such thing. Indonesia play balancing act with West, East, and Middle East today. We need their invstment, as long as they don't overstep their bounds... it's all okay..

Last edited:
China is a new global hegemon, of course their influence are spreading around the world. This is not a problem specific to Indonesia. Caution is wise but we don't have to become alarmist and overly worried over such thing. Indonesia playing balancing act with West, East, and Middle East today. We need their invstment, as long as they don't overstep their bounds... it's all okay..
Agree, there is no need to be overly worried, this is politics.......we need to play smart, however the failure to cope with the fact that indonesia is already under heavy chinese influence (atleast compared to the last regime's) could be harmful to us......indonesia is strategic. I mean very strategic. Indonesia could take advantage of the conflict in scs to its own profit...while increasing economic development with both western and chinese aid

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom