What's new

Indonesia Aerospace Forum

Merpati Airline will be flying again, I think this is also a good news for N 219 aircraft. At least 30 N 219 will potentially be ordered by Merpati Airline.

PT Dirgantara Indonesia's N219 Light Lift Aircraft, 2nd Prototype.

41950357_494233657761836_6101644238462921878_n.jpg

PT Dirgantara in talks with Philippine Air Force for more NC212i orders
Ridzwan Rahmat, Singapore - Jane's Defence Weekly
19 December 2018

p1724461_main.jpg

A model of the NC212i on display at Indo Defence 2018. Source: IHS Markit/Ridzwan Rahmat
State-owned aerospace company PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) is in talks with the Philippine Air Force (PAF) over possible follow-on orders for the NC212i light utility turboprop transport aircraft, an official from the company has told Jane's .

The service requires at least four to six more airframes under the Light-Lift Fixed Wing Aircraft (LLFWA) requirement and PTDI has positioned the NC212i as the most suitable candidate for the programme given commonality and scalability with earlier airframes, said Dadhik Kresnadi, PTDI's manager for market penetration and networking.

"The aircraft type is very suitable for the Philippine Air Force's requirements as it is very versatile and can be configured quickly for a number of missions, including troop transport, paratrooper dropping, medical evacuation, cargo transport, and maritime surveillance," said Kresnadi.

More importantly, the aircraft can also take off and land from austere airstrips, which allows the PAF to reach more remote areas across the Philippines archipelago, he added.

PTDI delivered two NC212i airframes to the PAF in June 2018. A PHP814 million (USD18.3 million) contract for the aircraft was signed by PTDI and the Philippines government in 2014. So far, the PAF is satisfied with the aircraft's performance and PTDI is confident of follow-on orders, said Kresnadi.

https://www.janes.com/article/85327...h-philippine-air-force-for-more-nc212i-orders

Dirgantara's second N-219 prototype completes first test flight
  • Arya Dipa
    The Jakarta Post
    Bandung, West Java / Mon, December 24, 2018 / 10:23 am
2017_08_16_31140_1502881068._large.jpg

PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI) test pilot Capt. Esther Gayatri pilots the first N-219 prototype during takeoff on Aug. 17, 2017 on a test flight from Husein Sastranegara International Airport in Bandung, West Java. (JP/Arya Dipa)

State-owned aircraft manufacturer PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI) has run the first test flight for its second N-219 aircraft prototype in Bandung, West Java.

The first N-219 prototype was tested on Aug. 17, 2017.

PT DI chief test pilot Capt. Esther Gayatri Saleh and First Officer Capt. Ervan Gustanto piloted the twin-turboprop 19-seater aircraft on a 20-minute flight on Friday to land successfully at Husein Sastranegara International Airport. Two onboard engineers monitored the aircraft's performance during the flight.

“This second prototype is much better [than the first] because the flight control system is much improved,” said Esther, who also piloted the first prototype last year.

PT DI chief engineer Palmana Banandhi said the first and second prototypes flew different test missions. "This is to accelerate our process to obtain certification," he said.

Palmana said that the first prototype still needed to undergo a series of tests, such as a flight performance analysis and structural evaluation, while the second prototype needed to undergo several system tests, including tests on its electrical, flight control and propulsion systems.

“All flight tests for the two prototypes will be optimized so that we can obtain type certification next year," he said.

PT DI also plans to run a static test on its two prototypes, as well a fatigue test of 3000 flight cycles.

Prior to mass production, aircraft must undergo 300 hours of test flights and various other tests to obtain a type certification on airworthiness from the Transportation Ministry.

To date, several customers have already preordered the first batch of N-219, including state-owned carriers Pelita Air Service and Trigana Air Service. Others that have expressed interest in acquiring the aircraft include the Aceh provincial government and a number of African countries.

PT DI plans to produce six N-219 aircraft per year under its current capacity, after which it intends to upgrade its facilities with an automated manufacturing system to produce up 36 aircraft per year. (das/bbn)

https://www.thejakartapost.com/news...19-prototype-completes-first-test-flight.html

Google Translate

PTDI Targets Production of 500 N219 Plane in 10 Years
Team , CNN Indonesia | Wednesday, 26/09/2018 10:33 WIB
Share:
5cb57161-9d9c-4cc6-a3da-debb62ba4e89_169.jpg

Flight N219. (ANTARA PHOTO / Rosa Panggabean)

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia - PT Dirgantara Indonesia ( PTDI ) projects Nurtanio N219 aircraft orders in the next 10 years to reach around 500 units.

PTDI Managing Director Elfin Guntoro explained that he was still processing the aircraft certification. The certification process is expected to be completed and can be produced next year.

"We have carried out a flight in the context of a time certification with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation and we have already entered stage B, hopefully this time certification can be completed next year," Elfin said, as quoted by Antara , Tuesday (9/25).

See also:
Long Road 'Birth' of N219 Nurtanio
Even though he hasn't pocketed the certification, he said that the demand for the aircraft has now reached 110 units. He even projected that N219 aircraft orders in the next 10 years could reach around 500 units.

"If you want to see the domestic market, our market research for the needs of the next 10 years will be 235 aircraft and for overseas about 300 aircraft, so nearly 500 aircraft can be filled with N219," he explained.

According to him, the initial production of the N219 aircraft will be aimed at domestic needs, mainly to serve flights in the outermost, foremost and remote (3T) areas whose airport strips are limited to a range of 400-450 meters.

"This aircraft can land and take off on runways 400-450 meters and without asphalt can be as long as the ground is flat and hard," he said.

See also:
LAPAN Describes the Capability of N219 Nurtanio
On the same occasion, Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumadi said that the N219 aircraft could be used in 3T areas to connect people and goods. For this reason, he will ask the Directorate General of Air Transportation to immediately finalize the certification of the aircraft.

"I ask the Director General of Air to be liquid about certification because this is a joint product, from the beginning I have asked for finalization," he said.

On the same occasion, Budi also asked PTDI to use 50 percent of the local components in the manufacture of the aircraft. (Antara / agi)

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/ekonom...tkan-produksi-500-pesawat-n219-dalam-10-tahun

Mr. @Indos how is it going with the KFX/IFX project? what's the projected spec for the C109 model? what's the capability? is it will be, to quote "4.75th gen" fighter aircraft only? or there's a chance that Indonesia-South Korea cooperation in this project will continue to the point that the aircraft would be a true 5th gen? what can we anticipate about the aircraft and the project? how will it compare to other aircraft of it's class?

Mr. @Indos how is it going with the KFX/IFX project? what's the projected spec for the C109 model? what's the capability? is it will be, to quote "4.75th gen" fighter aircraft only? or there's a chance that Indonesia-South Korea cooperation in this project will continue to the point that the aircraft would be a true 5th gen? what can we anticipate about the aircraft and the project? how will it compare to other aircraft of it's class?

I dont know much bro (I am just a defense enthusiast), but according to what I read current administration try to decrease its contribution on the program. If I am not mistaken Indonesia stake on the program will be reduced into 15 % and the number of plane we bought will be just 16. I dont know who in the government who is against the program but I suspect people in Mindef and finance. I like previous agreement though where our contribution is still 20 % and 50 planes promise acquisition. I hope current administration dont change anything and stick to the previous agreement.

According to PT DI engineer who is involved in the program the different between KFX block 1 and 5 gen fighter is just on the RAM, but he doesnt elaborate more on his opinion. He stated the opinion before Lockheed Martin join the program, so it is still not clear whether KFX will get RAM or not after Lockheed Martin join in. Despite so, I am the one that believe that KFX will eventually get RAM. Indonesia is also researching on RAM.

There is no projected spec for 109 model coming out through the media, so unless we have inside information there is no way we can actually know it. Despite that, by seeing its design which look similar with F 22 so I get the sense that the design will not be too different with F 22 in term of its capability in maneuvering and stealth. Talking about its stealthy, C 109 model doesnt have internal weapon bay so its stealthy will be less than F 22.

I dont know much bro (I am just a defense enthusiast), but according to what I read current administration try to decrease its contribution on the program. If I am not mistaken Indonesia stake on the program will be reduced into 15 % and the number of plane we bought will be just 16. I dont know who in the government who is against the program but I suspect people in Mindef and finance. I like previous agreement though where our contribution is still 20 % and 50 planes promise acquisition. I hope current administration dont change anything and stick to the previous agreement.

According to PT DI engineer who is involved in the program the different between KFX block 1 and 5 gen fighter is just on the RAM, but he doesnt elaborate more on his opinion. He stated the opinion before Lockheed Martin join the program, so it is still not clear whether KFX will get RAM or not after Lockheed Martin join in. Despite so, I am the one that believe that KFX will eventually get RAM. Indonesia is also researching on RAM.

There is no projected spec for 109 model coming out through the media, so unless we have inside information there is no way we can actually know it. Despite that, by seeing its design which look similar with F 22 so I get the sense that the design will not be too different with F 22 in term of its capability in maneuvering and stealth. Talking about its stealthy, C 109 model doesnt have internal weapon bay so its stealthy will be less than F 22.
I see, perhaps we should wait more patiently at least until the first flying prototype rolls out (in 2021?). But, what's the matter with the payment/monetary contribution to the project really? it's quite a long timeframe for 2 Billion USD~ stake for the program, and it's not like the defense budget nor the foreign currency reserve is inadequate for like ~200 million USD contribution per year.

The growth of the economy and the government budget is very visible in the last few years, and i think it's strange that the government backs down from such a strategic investment just for monetary reasons, even with the fact that it doesn't cost that much for a fighter jet R&D, and there's no rush at all in the payment. I hope that the government could get this straight and start taking the project more seriously, also because i think cooperating with the South Koreans in defense industry could be the best opportunity Indonesia could get at the moment and should not be wasted.

Also i think 16 Fighters probably be an "early access" or "pembelian perdana" kind of acquisition, it's a new model so that it's risky to just procure it in large number without getting used to it and knowing it's potential flaws first. Getting into this project pretty much means also getting into a long-term commitment in the production of this aircraft, so i'm confident that the government wouldn't waste the opportunity to co-produce the aircraft as it's will be 1. An advancement for the defense/aircraft industry 2. Ideal choice for armaments self-sufficiency (kemandirian) 3. Could be a huge bargaining point in so many ways. I'm sure that the plane would dominate TNI-AU's fleet for medium fighters in the future, so i think we can just wait patiently and expect for the best that the aircraft would take to sky as our prime Fighter aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom