What's new

Indira Gandhi’s grandson faces charges for ‘hate speech’

What a disgusting thread. And I thought there is no lower level!! :tsk:

Nobody has ever claimed that India DOES NOT have such kind of people. The key is, they are exceptions. There is no need of jumping up and down. I thank Varun Gandhi, AS HE PRESENTED A CHANCE FOR INDIAN SYSTEMS TO PROVE HOW SECULAR THEY ARE.

This whole episode will only prove that such ugly thinking is not tolerated in India. Even BJP has separated itself from this matter. Mr. Gandhi has learned his lesson and has already apologized. :agree:

Long live India.

My 'if' was in connection with the reply to your post where you said you believe in the system, entirely unaware of the invisible powers that work behind the system. The powers stand for people in politics, the powers are meant for the masses who have somehow been brainwashed and hijacked by some people for vested interests that are of course political, economic and social and also the powers which stand for external forces, and let me be clear, the Mossad influences of which again you are unaware. The world is not so easy, more things are there which are invisible on the surface than those which are visible. And please do not believe that you live in India and so you know everything about India. It is next to impossible. And it is not you fault, because you are an 'aam aadmi'. By the way, have you seen the film, 'Munich' directed by Steven Spielberg who himself is a Jew?

BJP speaks in two voices over Varun hate speech
NDTV Correspondent
Wednesday, March 18, 2009, ()
Put on the back foot over Varun Gandhi's 's hate speech, the BJP is speaking in two voices. While some leaders have disowned the remarks, the others are defending him.

In Bangalore, Venkaiah Naidu defended Varun comparing him to Congress leader A R Antulay, who embarrassed his party when he insinuated Hemant Karkare's death was a conspiracy.

Giving his side of the story, Varun Gandhi on Wednesday insisted that he is a victim of a political conspiracy.

Invoking his legacy, the grandson of Indira Gandhi and the great grandson of Jawaharlal Nehru said he is well aware of his roots and sees himself as a proud Gandhi, an Indian and a Hindu in equal measure.

Playing the Hindutva card, he also said anyone attempting to identify with Hinduism was inevitably branded communal.

"I am proud of my faith...not apologetic about it. I am a Gandhi, Hindu and an Indian in equal measure. Hindutva embraces tolerance with justice, compassion with courage and inclusivity with insight," he said.

But later in the day, addressing the media BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said: "We disapprove and disassociate ourselves from the statements made by Varun Gandhi."

Some allies of the BJP have also come out strongly against Varun's remarks. Among them is JDU leader Nitish Kumar, who has called them disrespectful.

But there is some support for Varun as well. The editorial in today's Saamna, the Shiv Sena's mouth-piece, has supported him.

NDTV.com: BJP speaks in two voices over Varun hate speech

Yes if Varun had expressed his Hindutva ideology in a personal interview or in an article or book, I would not have said that Varun represents the psyche of the younger generation. But delivering speech publicly, particularly in an election campaign, is something that must be taken seriously. And also the content of the speech, look what he said, read his comments and think twice.

You have faith in the system, thats OK. Look faith is good, it gives man an inspiration, hope, will force, but blind faith is not only bad, its dangerous. It can lead to self-destruction. Yes blind faith is sometimes superstition. Everybody should try to get rid of that.

I am not sure in which world do u live where every thing has to be conspiracy. For me this means u don't have courage....do ur finding excuses for ur failure.....As i said this is a real situation and how it unfolds will show why I belived in our system.

I think there is not much diff in VG and PPL like u....U have in ur hartred overlooked how EC has reacted...how media has reacted...how even his party is distancing himself....There is no cure to this....There are gd ppl and bad ppl in this world...and not everyhting is conspiracy.....

tx

I am not sure in which world do u live where every thing has to be conspiracy. For me this means u don't have courage....do ur finding excuses for ur failure.....As i said this is a real situation and how it unfolds will show why I belived in our system.

I think there is not much diff in VG and PPL like u....U have in ur hartred overlooked how EC has reacted...how media has reacted...how even his party is distancing himself....There is no cure to this....There are gd ppl and bad ppl in this world...and not everyhting is conspiracy.....

tx

Sab Dikhawa hain, show off kar rahe hain... The media of course played an important role that I appreciate, but not always. But the EC has played the role which was its only option. The EC had to play such role to project the secular character of India. Lekin woh bala Dilli ka laddu mujhe mat khilao, itna bhi beokuf nehi hoon. The country where a mass killer can become a Chief Minister, you know who is that, cannot be secular in the true sense of the term. And Daal me kalaa rahta hain, jo log usko dekhe bina kha le, woh unka marji, May their God bless them, but I have not tied any patti on my eyes... Aur firse tumaha gari galad patri me aa raha hain, samhalo... you are saying I do not have courage!! Why is it relevant? Mujse koyi basta taluk nehi hain, haam yahaan opinions share karne aye hain, usse jada kuchh nehi... you are new on this forum, roopesh ek purana member hain, unse puchho kaise kaunsa tone me kuchh post karna chahiye... And do not take anything personally, all our comments should be impersonal...

Anyway, I have posted all the queries you asked me to post.

Wow at last some one with guts. This is what I call genuine honesty. This is a prime exmple of Indian style secularisom. This lunatic supposed to be a leader of a party and belong to predominant Ghandi faimily yet what we have witness here is that how low the religious tolerace level exist in Indian political leader like him. He didn't even hide his hatred against Muslim but have the atrocity to blast in the public place. If this is the sentiment comes out from memeber of Ghandi family than we all should be aware how his followers will implement his agenda against Muslim nonetheless he deserve a thank for exposing the real sentiment that breed inside Indian politicans. India is nothing but breeding ground of scum like him who despise Muslim and Islam. Inida isn't largest democracy rather largest hypocrisy in the world.

I am urging all indian to come out from the shadow and show some guts by declaring India as a Hindu foundamentalist state and earn some respect for being true and upfront rather than gain some cheap sentiment from the west by using fake democracy and secular slogans you loosers.......

I am sorry he is threatning his own country people as pakistani why should i give a rats azz what he does to his country after getting elected or before why all of u have your knickers in the knot.
show me one Indian muslim here who speaks against his counTRY just one sorry mates you will not find one may i point mula sahib who was telling musharaf to be quite so we should listen to the mullah and lets all be quite.

we as pakistanies are not responsible for muslims all over the world we should show as much intrest in other muslim countriues as they have shown to us our priority should be pakistan first.:pakistan:

http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pakistani4qsp.gif

Sab Dikhawa hain, show off kar rahe hain... The media of course played an important role that I appreciate, but not always. But the EC has played the role which was its only option. The EC had to play such role to project the secular character of India. Lekin woh bala Dilli ka laddu mujhe mat khilao, itna bhi beokuf nehi hoon. The country where a mass killer can become a Chief Minister, you know who is that, cannot be secular in the true sense of the term. And Daal me kalaa rahta hain, jo log usko dekhe bina kha le, woh unka marji, May their God bless them, but I have not tied any patti on my eyes... Aur firse tumaha gari galad patri me aa raha hain, samhalo... you are saying I do not have courage!! Why is it relevant? Mujse koyi basta taluk nehi hain, haam yahaan opinions share karne aye hain, usse jada kuchh nehi... you are new on this forum, roopesh ek purana member hain, unse puchho kaise kaunsa tone me kuchh post karna chahiye... And do not take anything personally, all our comments should be impersonal...

Anyway, I have posted all the queries you asked me to post.

This is what exactly I mean by system and check & balances.....YOu have to create institutions for can carry out their task without any interfrece or fear...EC,CAG,Juducary, RBI are few of such institutions.

For CM...He is not given clean chit by Courts in India he is still fighting his case...I have full believe in by justice system...there are delays but justice will be delivered.

tx

This is what exactly I mean by system and check & balances.....YOu have to create institutions for can carry out their task without any interfrece or fear...EC,CAG,Juducary, RBI are few of such institutions.

For CM...He is not given clean chit by Courts in India he is still fighting his case...I have full believe in by justice system...there are delays but justice will be delivered.

tx

You are talking in a way as if you are not aware of anything. Those institutions are not outside the mainstream politics which is based upon Hindutva or Saffronism. The heads who run and control of the institutions come from the society where the saffron politics play a pivotal role. Those institutions are not robot type machines and people handle those institutions. And now if the people who have been made victims of continuous brainwashing from their primary learning up to the higher studies, by media manipulation, and also by other brainwashed people around them, come to work in those institutions, we must be skeptical about the role of those institutions. And so institutionalization is not enough, there must be an ambience, en environment and most importantly the the bringing about of a radical change in the psyche of the people from the lowest level is very important. For example, in China Mao achieved liberation in 1949, but he was not satisfied with that and after several years he went for another revolution which is famously known as the Cultural Revolution of China in the late 60s. Hame change le ana jitna simple lagta hain, utna simple ye hain nehi haqeeqat me...

Thus in Police stations (not always) often Muslims are made victims by non-bailable criminal charges against them just because the Officer-in-Charge is a Hindu and he has the right to make a charge-sheet. Thus media in its own way air the sensational news. Thus in academic institutions Muslims students are often denied admissions. Thus in Government Jobs Muslims are rejected by the Interview Board. Thus in Mumbai Sabana Azmi like people cannot buy flats. Thus in villages Muslims are denied access to the common village well along with the Dalits. Many other things happen.

Now please do not ask me to post links, because practical experiences and books do not have web links, and you know that.

And justice delayed is justice denied.

Last edited:
You are talking in a way as if you are not aware of anything. Those institutions are not outside the mainstream politics which is based upon Hindutva or Saffronism. The heads who run and control of the institutions come from the society where the saffron politics play a pivotal role. Those institutions are not robot type machines and people handle those institutions. And now if the people who have been made victims of continuous brainwashing from their primary learning up to the higher studies, by media manipulation, and also by other brainwashed people around them, come to work in those institutions, we must be skeptical about the role of those institutions. And so institutionalization is not enough, there must be an ambience, en environment and most importantly the the bringing about of a radical change in the psyche of the people from the lowest level is very important. For example, in China Mao achieved liberation in 1949, but he was not satisfied with that and after several years he went for another revolution which is famously known as the Cultural Revolution of China in the late 60s. Hame change le ana jitna simple lagta hain, utna simple ye hain nehi haqeeqat me...

Thus in Police stations (not always) often Muslims are made victims by non-bailable criminal charges against them just because the Officer-in-Charge is a Hindu and he has the right to make a charge-sheet. Thus media in its own way air the sensational news. Thus in academic institutions Muslims students are often denied admission sometimes. Thus in Government Jobs Muslims are rejected by the Interview Board. Thus in Mumbai Sabana Azmi like people cannot buy flats. Thus in villages Muslims are denied access to the common village well along with the Dalits. Many other things happen.

Now please do not ask me to post links, because practical experiences and books do not have web links, and you know that.

Boy-O-Boy...you r so brainwashed.....I am wasting my time...not any more....keep sleeping

tx

Holding that his anti-Muslim speeches amount to violation of the Model Code of Conduct, the Election Commission on Wednesday slapped
notices on Varun Gandhi and BJP seeking their response by Friday, even as it ordered video tracking of his entire campaign.

"The commission is of the opinion that the above action on your part amounts to violation of the provisions of the Model Code of Conduct," the EC said in its notice, referring to the speeches made by Gandhi in Mohalla Dalchand, Kotwali Pilibhit and Kasba Barkheda in Uttar Pradesh on March 7 and 8.

"Therefore, you are called upon to explain by 11 hours on March 20 as to why action should not be taken against you," the EC said, a day after filing a criminal case against Gandhi for his inflammatory utterances.

Wow at last some one with guts. This is what I call genuine honesty. This is a prime exmple of Indian style secularisom. This lunatic supposed to be a leader of a party and belong to predominant Ghandi faimily yet what we have witness here is that how low the religious tolerace level exist in Indian political leader like him. He didn't even hide his hatred against Muslim but have the atrocity to blast in the public place. If this is the sentiment comes out from memeber of Ghandi family

He is a a member of the Gandhi family, but not politically. His father Sanjay Gandhi's action during emergency had made Indira and Rajiv wary of him.

I am urging all indian to come out from the shadow and show some guts by declaring India as a Hindu foundamentalist state and earn some respect for being true and upfront

I would have loved to have India as a Hindu state, tolerant towards all relegion. But our leaders didnt agree so, they were magnimous and decided to go secular. And mind you secular is a utopia, can never be perfected.

rather than gain some cheap sentiment from the west by using fake democracy and secular slogans you loosers.......

You think west are ruled by Bangladeshis to judhe alone by our own words and not see the reality.

Thus in Police stations (not always) often Muslims are made victims by non-bailable criminal charges against them just because the Officer-in-Charge is a Hindu and he has the right to make a charge-sheet. Thus media in its own way air the sensational news. Thus in academic institutions Muslims students are often denied admissions. Thus in Government Jobs Muslims are rejected by the Interview Board. Thus in Mumbai Sabana Azmi like people cannot buy flats. Thus in villages Muslims are denied access to the common village well along with the Dalits. Many other things happen.

Indeed !!!. Muslims, victims. Poor guys. I pity with them.

Guess what else doesn't have links....DELUSION.

NEW DELHI: The grandson of former Indian prime minister Indira Gandhi faced criminal charges on Tuesday for allegedly inciting violence against Muslims during a campaign for next month’s general elections.

Varun Gandhi reportedly told a rally that his Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would ‘cut the heads of Muslims’. According to footage aired by the NDTV news channel, Varun also said Muslims ‘have scary names like Karimullah, Mazullah’ and that ‘if you meet them at night you will be scared’.

But the BJP tried to distance itself from the remarks and a BJP official said party leaders were debating whether to punish Varun, AP reported. “All the Hindus stay on this side and send the others to Pakistan,” Varun had said in the video. “This is the Lotus hand,” he said, referring to the BJP’s symbol. “It will cut their throats after elections.”

India’s Election Commission said it had reviewed the BJP leader’s speeches and ordered he face “criminal charges” in Uttar Pradesh, where he had made the speeches. Election commission official Rajesh Malhotra said an official warning would also be issued to the BJP.

In his defence, Varun said the recordings had been tampered with. “The voice is not mine,” he told the CNN-IBN news channel. If convicted, Varun could be disqualified from running for office and imprisoned for up to five years. agencies

Varun's hate speech, In The Gandhi Family Blood?

Friday 20th of March 2009
Kanwarpal Singh, Dal Khalsa

AMRITSAR SAHIB - Hitting out at Varun Gandhi’s rhetoric against Muslims in Pilibhit, the Dal Khalsa termed it as nothing new but a continuation of Gandhi family’s hatred towards the minorities.

In a statement, party secretary for political affairs, Kanwarpal Singh said the outburst of Varun was not out of blue but ‘it is in the blood of Gandhi’s’. “His (Varun’s) elders particularly Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi have played divisive and destructive politics and ruined the national honour and prestige of minorities besides playing havoc with their lives”.

The hate speech by Varun Gandhi has neither surprised us nor is it unexpected, he pointed out. He reminded how in 1984, the Congress publicity campaign spread fear and hatred towards the Sikhs, yet the electorate chose to hand over the reins of power to the same party. Similarly, riding on the anti-Muslim wave Narendar Modi swept the polls in 2002. Apprehending the repeat of the history he said it would be ironic in case he (Varun) gets support from Hindu voters.

Lambasting Varun for calling Sikhs as terrorists who had murdered his grandmother, he said instead it was his grandmother Indira Gandhi who unleashed state terrorism on Sikhs. She was ‘mother of all evils’ who ordered the attack on Darbar Sahib and committed sacrilege. Dal Khalsa leader warned Varun to behave and desist from playing with fire.

Hailing the Election Commission for taking a strong notice of Varun’s inflammatory speech, he said there is no dearth of politicians like Varun in the entire spectrum of Hindutva polity. “Narendar Modi, Bal Thackeray, Parveen Togadia, Ashok Singla all like Varun claim to be proud ‘Hindus’, who love to hate Muslims, Christians and Sikhs.

Quoting the famous proverb that the majority fundamentalism breeds minority fundamentalism, he said the responsibility to defeat such politicians rests on those who stands for peace, harmony and co-existence amongst all ethnic people, religions and nations in the South East Asia.

Reaching out directly to the electorate, he said let us ensure that unlike Rajiv Gandhi and Narendar Modi, Varun Gandhi should not get away unpunished.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom