What's new

Indira Gandhi’s grandson faces charges for ‘hate speech’

Please make sure this nutcase doesn't get any seat of power

He is contesting in UP, aboslutly no guarantee. The only way we can be sure he doesnt come to Delhi is if EC takes action, which might force BJP to replace him.

BJP is the crappiest party in India. Born to rule on communal hatred. No wonder they are having such a hard time managing allies, who have grown tired over BJP's "hindutva".

I would love to see Congress win this time around as well. How about you guys?

Congress has done the same crime to India that the Pakistan Army has done to Pakistan. Brainwashed the people and created a psyche & situation that without it the country wont be stable, survive.The harm they have caused in the long term is more than the good in the short term.

The early US leaders saw this and restricted the presidential term to 2 terms of 4 yrs max irrespective of how good, bad they are. If bad then they have to get out quick. If good, country would find another good and the person had 8 yrs to serve anyways.

no such problems for Congress, Pak army.

And that is why vote for the Communist parties to retaliate the Hindutva forces who play either under the guise of secular Congress (which is not secular at all) or come openly under the saffronite BJP-Bajrang Dal-RSS-Ram Sene-Shiva Sena banner in India, or just vote for the Third Front, an alternative to reinstate peace and equality in South Asia. Let us make a difference, let us throw the dirty Hindutva forces to the garbage outside Asia. Let us go for a new Asian Century. Let us hit back the US-Israel zionist Nato forces who do not want to do good to Asia.

Last edited:
I don't think its important that Varun Gandhi or whoever else said it. they are individuals after all.

Whats important is how the system of india handles it, how he's brought to jutice for hate speech and using religion in politics, both crimes in india. Thats the test.

i echo that,
i expect this VHP, sene and bajrang dal also brought to justice. if i were a serial killer i would have killed these bastards with tragic and slow death:sniper::angry:
they need not worry about culture of India,it mixture of thousands years and it will keep absorbing element from other cultures. inko thekedar banane kisne dia:angry:

Well, these kind of people (either muslim or Hindu) are known extremist and creates problem and hate among Muslim-Hindu relations.

Apparently election commission and the cops are already on the case.

Anti-Muslim speech: Varun Gandhi faces arrest

The Pilibhit police on Tuesday registered a case against Bharatiya Janata Party [Images] candidate Varun Gandhi for his allegedly inflammatory speeches on the directions of the Election Commission.

Station Officer of the Barkhera police station registered the case against Gandhi for allegedly making speeches with an intention to create enemity among people on the basis of religion.

The case was filed under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code and the Representation of the People Act and for violations of the model code of conduct. Pilibhit SP R K Chaturvedi said a team has been sent to Bareilly to arrest Gandhi.

The three-member Commission which met today and discussed the speeches of Varun, a member of the Gandhi-Nehru family, in Pilibhit in which he had made inflammatory comments against the members of a minority community. The comments drew sharp criticism from within his party and allies and outside.

In a slew of decisions, the EC directed the Uttar Pradesh [Images] Chief Electoral Officer to file a case under Indian Penal Code and Representation of the People Act against Gandhi. It ordered issue of notice to BJP and Gandhi for alleged violation of Model Code of Conduct. The EC also ordered transfer of district officials and suspended two others for alleged dereliction of duty.

Earlier, the District Magistrate and the ditrict election officer had sent Gandhi a notice seeking his explanation on the speeches in which he had made allegedly made rabid remarks against members of a minority community. However, the official was not satisfied with the explanation, sources said.

Under the Section 153A of the Indian Penal Code and under Section 125 of the RPA, promoting enmity between different groups on various grounds including religion is punishable by imprisonment which may extend upto three years.

Any person convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for over two years shall be disqualified from contesting elections. The EC's action came as Congress met the Commission and complained about Gandhi's speech. Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said the speech "is highly deplorable and deserves proper action".

Terming Gandhi's comments as 'shocking', BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain demanded an unconditional apology from him while the party asked all its poll nominees to 'practice caution' in their speech. BJP's ally and Janata Dal - United leader Shivanand Tiwari said that the Election Commission should take cognisance of Gandhi's speech and that there should be a 'legitimate' inquiry.

The 29-year-old Gandhi, whose mother Maneka Gandhi is also a BJP Member of Parliament, today said the CD of his speeches has been tampered with. He said he would address a press conference at the party forum on Wednesday to clarify the position.

And that is why vote for the Communist parties to retaliate the Hindutva forces who play either under the guise of secular Congress (which is not secular at all) or come openly under the saffronite BJP-Bajrang Dal-RSS-Ram Sene-Shiva Sena banner in India, or just vote for the Third Front, an alternative to reinstate peace and equality in South Asia. Let us make a difference, let us throw the dirty Hindutva forces to the garbage outside Asia. Let us go for a new Asian Century. Let us hit back the US-Israel zionist Nato forces who do not want to do good to Asia.

Prakash Karat? Is that you?

Prakash Karat? Is that you?

Can't be him. 'cause the Indian communists would have railed against "Global Imperialistic hegemony of America" this guy seems to complain about "Hindutva-Zionist-Capitalists" .

( I grew up in Kerala and have at least participated in a few rallies when I was younger, I would know :-)

Varun Gandhi in trouble for hate speech

Varun Gandhi is a Gandhi first and then a BJP MP aspirant. He forgot this and is now neck deep in trouble over communal election speeches he made while campaigning in Pilibhit, his constituency in Uttar Pradesh.

If convicted… Varun can “be punished with imprisonment which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both” —under Section 153A of IPC.
He can face “imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years or fine or both” — under Section 125 of the Representation of the People Act.

Some other BJP candidate may perhaps have gotten away with it. But Varun is now facing cases filed against him by the Election Commission (EC) — for inciting communal hatred — and the UP police.

And his own party leaders — such as LK Advani — are hopping mad. Muslim leaders of the party such as Shahnawaz Hussain and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were extremely upset and said so on record.

Here is a sample from Varun’s speech: “Agar koi Hindu ke khilaf ungali uthaiga, ya sochega ki Hindu kamzor hai…. to main Gita ki kasam khata hoon main unke haat kaat doonga (If anyone raises a finger towards Hindus or if someone thinks that Hindus are weak … then I swear on the Gita that I will cut that hand).”

Rattled by the backlash, Varun sought to deny the statements saying the recording had been doctored. “I unequivocally state that is neither my voice nor my language… Even the facts are distorted. I am shown as saying that I have a seven-year-old cousin sister, which is false. Coming from a family that has been part of India’s history, I am well aware of my responsibility. In the event that any feelings have been inadvertently hurt as a result of this controversy, I deeply and sincerely apologise to any that may’ve taken offence where none was meant.”

But that didn’t cut much ice. Hussain raised the issue at the party’s central election committee meeting. “No BJP leader has ever used this kind of language,” he said. Naqvi, who is contesting from Rampur, which neighbours Pilibhit, said, “This will definitely cause misapprehension among the minorities when the BJP is out to assure them fair play and justice.”

Shivanand Tiwari of JD(U), a BJP ally, said, “The EC should take cognisance of Varun’s speech and there should be a proper inquiry.” The EC action against Varun was taken on a complaint filed by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh. “He has not only communalised the situation but has used abusive words against minorities,” he said.

Well this thread is for some video footage posts on the emergence of a new H**du thekedar or custodian of a particular communal group. Election Commission of India is inclined to buying the theory that the video tape has been doctored. Even if the EC gives clean chit to the case as it is expected, there is the possibility of a beginning of communal riot in India where the new deities might commit a genocide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom