What's new

India's sixth largest city 'runs out of water'

OK,Already TWAD is collecting water money what is your point?
https://www.twadboard.tn.gov.in/

States just dont do anything through out the year. I mean what happened to river linking project? Tamilnaddu was supposed to get water from Krishna river if I am not wrong?

@RPK ?

It is mirrored with politics, current TN gov is useless. They are not even taking with AP/Telugana or Karnataka to get some water
They are busy in saving their government from internal politics

And great credits to the visions of our government for having these momentous projects that tackle our own acute water shortage squarely and appropriately.

bg-south-north-water-transfer-project-china-2050-2052.jpg

635767242214688600.jpg

Cy_ttQ-WQAAI8B-.jpg

deecb7a1-c790-4cb8-bdab-1cbc5e6dc9fd_size55_w600_h367.jpg

kj4F-fymrqmq2664920.jpg

20180407_CNP001_0.jpg

4f95c174eab8ea9216000003-750.jpg

danjiangkou-dam-downstream-side-july-2005.jpg

What is indian democracy or democracy according to rogue state usa?

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-20_21-8-30.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-20_21-8-30.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 23

It is mirrored with politics, current TN gov is useless. They are not even taking with AP/Telugana or Karnataka to get some water
They are busy in saving their government from internal politics

Extremely sad state of affairs. Just pray for people to get water man. IMO if a govt cant give you water, which is the lifeline of all beings then its disastrous.

BTW DMK was busy raising Kaveri issue during presidents speech today.

They talk all day, blaming each other, bragging about empty freedom, then run out of water. LOL, beautiful :laughcry:

The late CM was very late in doing things thats why you are suffering now. As the court rightly observed that water shortage dint take place in a day or two. It is due to generations of neglect that is showing results now.

Madras is a coastal city. I don't understand why it can't have a coal-fired electric plant which supplies power to a desalination plant.

This is the biggest difference between Democracy and others here you will have to hear everyone.

India, Pakistan, Britain etc don't have real democracy. They have "Representative Democracy" where your voice is not at all heard at the top level. Rather, things are implemented through agents who in India's case are generally power-drunk MLAs and MPs. This is a top-down approach which is not scientific. If the USSR and PRC was / is a Single-party Dictatorshp, Representative Democracy is a Multi-party Dictatorship.

At the moment in India, the AAP party and Swaraj Abhiyan party have the "Swaraj" system which promises Direct Democracy in which ideas and decisions from neighborhood-level are affected at the top-level.

Last edited:

Its injustice to compare that government prices to what suez will ultimately charge...just wait and see...the show has only just began...its another Cochabamba in the making...thats my point...you may disagree on what i think...which you are free to do...for me there is no reason to believe that it wont ever happen the way it happened on cochabamba...there is a high chance it will be even worse than what happened there...i have complete trust in my states corrupt politicians:laugh:.

States just dont do anything through out the year. I mean what happened to river linking project? Tamilnaddu was supposed to get water from Krishna river if I am not wrong?

@RPK ?

TN suppose to get water from river linking between Godavari to Caveri

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...auvery-river-linking-project-all-about-103003

And great credits to the visions of our government for having these momentous projects that tackle our own acute water shortage squarely and appropriately.

What is indian democracy or democracy according to rogue state usa?

for any visions we need strong economy GoI just following foot steps of China. Our progress might be slow but it is steady as we are not dragon, we are elephant.

Madras is a coastal city. I don't understand why it can't have a coal-fired electric plant which supplies power to a desalination plant.

India, Pakistan, Britain etc don't have real democracy. They have "Representative Democracy" where your voice is not at all heard at the top level. Rather, things are implemented through agents who in India's case are generally power-drunk MLAs and MPs. This is a top-down approach which is not scientific. If the USSR and PRC was / is a Single-party Dictatorshp, Representative Democracy is a Multi-party Dictatorship.

At the moment in India, the AAP party and Swaraj Abhiyan party have the "Swaraj" system which promises Direct Democracy in which ideas and decisions from neighborhood-level are affected at the top-level.

I worked in rural areas where pond desilting or rejuvenation of ground water are unknown. We don't need top level to hear our voice, instead we need to apply the progressive approach.

You might be aware of NREGA project where in every GP gets funds for these type of works and they needs to utilize it. I have seen progress under NREGA work and i am satisfied of it. GoI or State need not to interfere in every project they need to support where as it is necessary. where as it is the people who needs to understand the importance of saving water.

Its injustice to compare that government prices to what suez will ultimately charge...just wait and see...the show has only just began...its another Cochabamba in the making...thats my point...you may disagree on what i think...which you are free to do...for me there is no reason to believe that it wont ever happen the way it happened on cochabamba...there is a high chance it will be even worse than what happened there...i have complete trust in my states corrupt politicians:laugh:.

TN Gov will regulate the pricing don’t worry abt us we have good experience in private and public partnerships

Do not worry 2020 is not far away.

Pakistan ka pani chori kiya saza to milay gi....Modi ki jai ho......Modi hai to mumkin hai

There is indeed a thermal energy plant near chennai but it is a big pollutant. There were ideas floated about using tidal wave energy to build a desalination plant. But as is the norm it was just hot air and no execution.

It is because last two to three years nothing happened on water resource management. If she was there it won’t be this problem. Read about varanam Scheme and Krishna river water sharing. Current Government Running like headless chickens

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.ti...ier-for-the-city/amp_articleshow/68960792.cms
Tamil nadu is still dependent on other states for water whether it is krishna or cauvery. What you mention are temporary measures and every summer there will be fight for water. Instead they should look for long term solutions like ground water renewal , desalination plants , more green cover ..etc

We don't need top level to hear our voice, instead we need to apply the progressive approach.

Is there a seasonal lack of water in the areas you worked in or is the water there but there is no delivery system ( canals and pipes ) ??

There is indeed a thermal energy plant near chennai but it is a big pollutant. There were ideas floated about using tidal wave energy to build a desalination plant. But as is the norm it was just hot air and no execution.

Maybe tidal wave energy is impractical when scaling-up is needed. Just my guess.

But if there is sufficient sunshine then Solar Power Tower can be implemented. No pollution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_tower

Everyone just relax it happens every ten to twenty year cycle.

I swear just a few days ago I read some morons comment, lauging about Chinas water allocation and reservation programs and insisted India has more than enough water. Karma I guess...

If that happend in China, worse in some minority backyard of the country, you know it would be all over the Western worlds headlines blaming Chinas government for systematic failure, label Chinese programs as destinied to fail GDP scams, predicting Chinas collapse, looking for an excuse to stir up civilian unrest and complain that moderate terrorists still cant organise attacks on Chinese civilians through Facebook.

But hey its India. Thats just normal and no one expects anything from India as long as China is the bigger thorn in the eye and Indian programs are just not good enough and every delay and failure can be excused by Indias awesome superior democracy that respects peoples rights to starve and run out of water or something like that.

for any visions we need strong economy GoI just following foot steps of China. Our progress might be slow but it is steady as we are not dragon, we are elephant.

A few years ago india experienced one of the biggest electricity failure in Bombay.
Recently that also happened in some Latin American countries like Argentina.
You people are praised as having democratic governance.
Isnt that a joke?

(forum trolls please go away if you want to repeat stupid comments line "Chinese dont understand "democracy"")

Taiwan under stupid Tsai IE and the TOXIC DPP is following the indian footsteps.
Next is the stupid HK democrats + rioters.

I swear just a few days ago I read some morons comment, lauging about Chinas water allocation and reservation programs and insisted India has more than enough water. Karma I guess...

If that happend in China, worse in some minority backyard of the country, you know it would be all over the Western worlds headlines blaming Chinas government for systematic failure, label Chinese programs as destinied to fail GDP scams, predicting Chinas collapse, looking for an excuse to stir up civilian unrest and complain that moderate terrorists still cant organise attacks on Chinese civilians through Facebook.

But hey its India. Thats just normal and no one expects anything from India as long as China is the bigger thorn in the eye and Indian programs are just not good enough and every delay and failure can be excused by Indias awesome superior democracy that respects peoples rights to starve and run out of water or something like that.

These western losers want China to fail because we are going by and large the right direction moving 1.4 billion people forward and doing quite well.

Unlike China's focus on manufacturing, setting a strong technical and economic foundations for (re-)building our Country, India took another route, if I remember correctly, emphasising on "software" sectors partly due to their language skills, for their grand plan of india's development. The west has been seeing that the indians are complementing to their own shortages in the service sectors and of course they are happy to subscribe to the dirt cheap labour providers ( call centers, programmers, marketing digital companies ...etc).

We are seen more as a threat to the hegemony because we have gradually been replacing their mid-to-hitech industries despite starting from humble textile, toys, shoes, accessories manufacturing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom