What's new

India's Mars mission: worth the cost?

Why are Indians so happy ?

This is not an Indian accomplishment but a US Mars mission launched in India to cut cost but Indians take it as if it is their country's accomplishment ! Just like Indians take credit for Brahmos missile when itis the Russian who designed and built it.
Is your education worth the cost? well....I have my doubts.
Was your travel to a foreign land worth the cost? well....I doubt that also but you are free to have your own opinion .

Why are Indians so happy ?

This is not an Indian accomplishment but a US Mars mission launched in India to cut cost but Indians take it as if it is their country's accomplishment ! Just like Indians take credit for Brahmos missile when itis the Russian who designed and built it.

Boss it is not like repainted pakistani missles .....Indian rocket with an indian pay load. .... Yes there is help from US on tracking..... But then thats how space powers work, help each other.. Btw there is a mars mission from NASA next month..........

well its hard for guys like u to understand this but nasa jus helped us with deep space navigation as this is our first deep space mission...nasa will be launching its own mar mission in a few days most probably in a week.....

Without deep space navigation you can't go to mars :lol:

Without NASA, India has no space program. Deal with it.

It is 100 time more the worth.

First, there are spin-off applications in areas like remote sensing, heath care and other related fields and techonolgies
Second, this is a small step in exploring outer space, and it is important that we start some where. There is no good time to start some thing good. There is lot more to do.
Third, space capabilities are important for all round development of any country.

And last and more importantly, it will help young kids fall in love with Science and inspire next generation of scientists and engineers.

Without deep space navigation you can't go to mars :lol:

Without NASA, India has no space program. Deal with it.

Unfortunately the average Indians don't understand what you said. They think it is their country's accomplishment.

you can brag whatever you can but the mission's failure was not due to our own spacecraft
you are asking nasa for help in tracking. you cannot fly to mars without nasa
you mission is long from saying successful. come back down from the moon before you fall

When you pull your head out of you @$$ it'll become clear that asking Nasa for 'help' is an extremely smart thing to do. We have to deploy tracking stations in the pacific for ONE PROBE instead of using existing infrastructure of others? You're STUPID and DUMB.

Indians should be asking their goverment how much it is paying the Americans for tracking、navigation and communication。

Unfortunately the average Indians don't understand what you said. They think it is their country's accomplishment.

India do has deep space tracking capability, though not as sophisticated as of NASA

Yes it is.

Space exploration leads to spin-offs and emergence of new tech in many fields.

The space race gave us satellites, spacecraft, space stations etc. 
Before shooting his mouth off, the OP should realize that Pakistan has one of the fastest growing nuke arsenals in the world. The cost of making one nuclear bomb of 20KT nominal yield is about Rs 30 crores PKR. Pakistan is known to have about 100. That translates to Rs 3000 crores! Maintaining them costs a bomb too!

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that ZA Bhutto did say that making a nuke is the priority, never mind if the people of Pakistan eat grass!

So if Pakistan can spend thousands of crores of rupees in manufacturing death bombs, why is the OP getting all het up when India spends a paltry Rs 450 crores on a Mars mission?

Hafizzzzzz should know that Pakistan spends more on nukes than health care, education and poverty alleviation. So, instead of getting orgasms copying and pasting articles bashing India for the Mars probe, he should look inward and see the poverty in Pakistan and means to eradicate it. After all the poor can't eat bombs, can they? :P

Secondly, Pakistan International Airlines is planning to buy a few Boeing 787 Dreamliners. The cost of each? Rs 2000 Crores PKR! The cost of the Mars mission is 1/5th the cost of this passenger jet!

So as per Hafizzzzz logic, Pakistan must first feed its poor and eradicate poverty before even thinking of buying a Boeing 787 for the PIA!! :azn:

Jinklas mitra

Maza awi gaya

When you pull your head out of you @$$ it'll become clear that asking Nasa for 'help' is an extremely smart thing to do. We have to deploy tracking stations in the pacific for ONE PROBE instead of using existing infrastructure of others? You're STUPID and DUMB.

you're using "STUPID and DUMB" for yourself

1.can you complete the mission without nasa?
2. we are not saying you have to build the system for your mission. you cant.
you dont have the money and most probably the tech to do it and you dont have the diplomatic power as the yanks to do it.

I'm not saying you should not ask for help. I am saying all along in this or related topic that
you people tend to playdown the significant assistance by a third party as if chest thumping cheerleaders hasvewon this race to mass all on your own!

you're using "STUPID and DUMB" for yourself

1.can you complete the mission without nasa?
2. we are not saying you have to build the system for your mission. you cant.
you dont have the money and most probably the tech to do it and you dont have the diplomatic power as the yanks to do it.

I'm not saying you should not ask for help. I am saying all along in this or related topic that
you people tend to playdown the significant assistance by a third party as if chest thumping cheerleaders hasvewon this race to mass all on your own!

You're an idiot. Deploying two stracking station isn't that difficult for us when we got one in BRUNEI. And using other agencies for basic tracking is COMMON PRACTICE you MORON. Do you know ANYTHING? Have you even passed out of high school you clown? 

You know math old man? They teach you how to add one and one old man?

Back
Top Bottom