What's new

India's Mars mission: worth the cost?

Hmm,we shown we can launch a probe to mars on the first go, why i say why i see someone burning? take care of your home you might be on MOON in 5 YEARS and take decisions of the world from MOON ;)
Good luck !

If @Hafizzz 's *** burns anymore it might cause him to propel to the Mars and beat India bringing pride to himself and Pakistan. He will probably start a thread about that as well called "Ambitious Pakistani hero brings shame to India".

If @Hafizzz 's *** burns anymore it might cause him to propel to the Mars and beat India bringing pride to himself and Pakistan. He will probably start a thread about that as well called "Ambitious Pakistani hero brings shame to India".

Arre AISA NAHI Bolte! why insult the already insulted bro?
This should be a cue to pakistan, as where we are and where you are Terror doesn't bring anything .
We wanted happy peaceful relations with you, but you in your anger landed in mess right now in pakistan.
Please don't even think you can win over us, not cos were overconfident but we know what we are and what you are and why your country people are cheerleading for china
( go, china, go,go china) kinda thing, i know chinsese and respect .But it ain't 1962 here is it all you China wooho guys, Cirr,Destro,Fattyacids and etc.Try That bullshit after in 2013 you will think 10 times before fighting us! its only due to weak government they are pushing the pawns,. Come this elections we will put you in your right place hell , they might even hot pursuit or do COLD START strategy!

What has the chinese have to ask?They are fit alright due to some national programmes. If i were to take Defence.pk as what our army can do we lost already :D Sorry the average indian girls are more taller than chinese guys, i been there in china so i know it.

Last edited:
Hmm,we shown we can launch a probe to mars on the first go, why i say why i see someone burning? take care of your home you might be on MOON in 5 YEARS and take decisions of the world from MOON ;)
Good luck !
u r saying about this:D

i think he was saying about this:bounce:
Our man on the moon – The Express Tribune

left-arrow-thin.gif
right-arrow-thin.gif

Our man on the moon
Sunday Magazine Feature
By A A Sheikh
Published: June 3, 2012
Share this articlePrint this pageEmail
386329-Space-1338391268-621-640x480.JPG

The year is 2112. Pakistan has finally managed to put a man on the moon. He lands in one of those American colonies that former president Nut Gingrich promised exactly a hundred years ago.

It wasn’t easy. There were serious visa issues. Also, the launch failed several times, prompting a thorough overhaul of the spacecraft by a team of mechanics from Lalookhet. In addition, repeated onboard power failures meant the craft was adrift in space often, losing all course and direction.

Eventually, it did land rather safely, losing only part of its landing gear and a single tyre, and narrowly but successfully avoiding a group of panicked passersby in the process. CNN’s Anderson Blooper caught up with Pakistan’s first astronaut, Qamaruzzaman Moonis, soon after the historic touchdown. Some excerpts:

QM: Where is camera, I look in camera, yes?

AB: Yes, it’s here. You’re on air, sir.

QM: No! I not on air. I already landed. I think. Yes?

AB: I mean you’re live on camera, sir. The whole world is watching you.

QM: Yes yes, thank you. Here I am. Hello people.

AB: I’m sure your family and friends back home are watching. This is a proud moment for …

QM: No, they not watch. Sadly. This is load-shedding year in Pakistan. Electric-city come next year. For two month.

AB: Oh yes, I understand the power crisis in your country, sir. But I’m sure they must have heard about the landing. Maybe celebrating right now, distributing sweets, throwing meals, as I understand is the custom …

QM: No, no food-cooking. Sadly. This is gas shortage month. Gas come next month. For two week.

AB: Well at least there must be wild cheers and dances and …

QM: No, no dance. Sadly. Dance banned in Punjab. Assembly pass law. CM Maulvi Nimaz Sharif himself ban it.

AB: Well sir … I think people must be happy to hear the news anyways …

QM: Yes of course. Pakistani people always happy. Government say so.

AB: Sir, given the troubled times in the country, I can imagine how hard it must be to run a space programme. Could you tell us …

QM: Yes yes. Pakistan have many space programme. I see one on Disco Very Channel myself. That why I want to come here.

AB: Uh, I’m not talking about TV programmes …

QM: Yes, I love TV. Talk show. All politician insulting each other. Also science show on Very Disco Channel. But I not watch much. Load-shedding, you know.

AB: Sir, um, I was wondering how were you selected for this prestigious trip. I mean, you don’t seem to …

QM: Of course I was selected, all-proper. You see, PM’s wife’s makeup artist’s nephew my close friend. I told him: I want to be country’s first spaceman. He said: not easy. So I pay him Rs50,000 and two gas cylinder. So here I am.

AB: But sir, your qualifications, experience …

QM: Of course I has qualification. Degree. Astrophysical. From University of Lasbela. Cheapest in country. I only pay Rs15,000 for it. Degree is degree you know, real or political. That how I become astronut.

AB: You mean astronaut.

QM: Yes, astronut.

AB: Sir, I was hoping you’d give us your personal angle on this momentous journey. I mean …

QM: No problem. My personal angle: about 75 degrees. Same angle all through flight. Back hurt so much now. But Lalookhet mechanic say: you change angle, whole rocket break up. So I very careful. All the time 75 degrees.

AB: Sir … what’s that noise coming from your craft: banging, shouting…!

QM: Oh no! I forget. Ten people in cargo compartment. Illegal you see, no visa. I go check. More Inter View later. I love TV!

Published in The Express Tribune, Sunday Magazine, June 3rd, 2012.

Last edited:
Look what I got my hands on! Comments on our MARS Mission by our old pdf friend @RiazHaq

@32:00

Video your way,Thanks my way
tyty.gif

India’s Mars mission, poverty and closet racism | Niti Central

India’s Mars mission, poverty and closet racism

India has now successfully launched its mission to Mars. The mission was achieved at an extraordinary low price tag of Rs 450 crore ($74 million) – 1/10 of what a similar mission would cost NASA or ESA. If this successfully reaches Mars, India will be the first country to have the Mars mission succeed on the first try.

The Provocation

Just as quickly as the rocket sped off, the Western journalists who marvelled at the moon walk in their childhood started engaging Indians in an unnecessary provocation. These are not coming from cheap tabloids, but reputed media houses. It is not the criticism that rankles, but how crudely they are hitting below the belt.

This author chose to include poverty right in the headline: India Mars Mission to Launch Amidst Overwhelming Poverty

What a refreshing headline! Not even poverty. It has to be “overwhelming poverty”. Who are we to launch into space? Should we not ask our British colonial masters before doing anything?

Apparently the other countries engaging in scientific research face no poverty. Apparently, space has something to do with poverty. Apparently, it is between funding ISRO and solving poverty. You cannot do both. No sir, no. Next time, when you write about something that Britain did well, sure to remember to randomly incorporate the poverty of Birmingham and the riots of London into the title.

“England wins 10 Olympic golds amidst all the poverty”

“NASA begins its moon mission despite failing to manage hurricane relief”

“European Space Agency launches a satellite despite the inability to control religious riots in Paris and Tottenham, London”

This CNN author didn’t even pretend to hide the racist idea:

Is India’s Mars mission the latest escalation in Asia’s space race?

For a country like Australia, the space aspirations are extremely pragmatically driven. On the other hand, a country like Malaysia is intent on putting astronauts in space — that’s very prestige-oriented.

Apparently, brown people’s ambitions to reach space is not pragmatic enough. Apparently, the $75 million spent on the Mars mission is the only thing that keeps us from building toilets.

This gentleman at Guardian makes a thinly-veiled threat:

ISRO to launch India’s first spacecraft to Mars

Critics of Britain’s aid programme in the country have also been angered by the mission. The UK gives India around £300m each year.

Britain threatens to pull its aid. This is ghastly. What would India do without all these do-gooder British aid? The Indian economy of £1 trillion was badly depending on these £300 million that come with no strings attached. We are an ungrateful bunch, aren’t we? We are supposed to surrender our national priorities and research work and listen to our ex-colonial masters for a paltry £300 million.

This Economist article is more subtle and even more racist:

How can poor countries afford space programmes?

What if the 16,000 scientists and engineers now working on space development were deployed instead to fix rotten sanitation?
Someone from Oxford wants to know why don’t we all Indians work on toilets and potty research?

If this author lived at the time of Renaissance, she/he might have written:

Newton, Michelangelo and da Vinci are wasting time instead of building toilets

Poverty should indeed be an excuse to postpone great achievements. Right?

I must admit, the whole British aid and poverty slamming done by the western media is starting to get on my nerves.

'Hey who are we poor brown folks to explore deep space right? Should be left to our white masters who then can make movies about it and then circle jerk themselves to assure themselves of their superiority

Unfortunately the average Indians don't understand what you said. They think it is their country's accomplishment.
Wow only pakistanis can talk like this.If US deep space network is not there we will find another way.And Most of journey time of MOM India will use their own deep space network.Pakistan cant launch a single SLV till now and you are lecturing ISRO about deep space network.Pretty Impressive

Wow only pakistanis can talk like this.If US deep space network is not there we will find another way.And Most of journey time of MOM India will use their own deep space network.Pakistan cant launch a single SLV till now and you are lecturing ISRO about deep space network.Pretty Impressive

Not Pakistanis…. only Hafizzz can talk like this, cause he's a brain dead troll!! You never know, some day, similar to his name, he'll fizzz…. into thin air from this mortal world. That day this world be a bit more better place with one less scum… :D

Back
Top Bottom