What's new

India's Mars mission sparks another UK aid row

What puzzles me is that the decision on whether the UK wants to continue with its meager aid to India is entirely of the British people or the Parliament more precisely.It is good to know that the Britishers who have done considerably towards the development of the Subcontinent during the occupation still care about the well being of the people here and alleviation of poverty in India(Which I inferred from the kind of reluctance that they displayed when the GoI asked them to stop the aid if they wanted). . . . .However it is also not fair on their part to expect India all its Defence development programs and Works on Space application projects and leave the borders of the country vulnerable to enemy designs especially on the Eastern front with the rise of the PRC given the kind of large scale modernization program that they have embarked on and a large part of which has already fructified.

Dude you are lying to yourself if you believe the stuff you wrote on this site. YOu can say whatever you want. Museums are relavant to this tread coz you brought up poverty. Is it hard for you to connect the dots? You don;t think our historical artifacts and wealth could help alleviate poverty? Don;t you pay for a ticket when you enter an Museum? Museums in most places get artifacts on LOAN from other countries? Got that?

Who exactly helped the british turn the tide of both those bloody wars you mentions? Indians. Many of them.

Could you explain which or what positive influences, the British left in India?

So the British were really worried about the poor native who lived in Diego Garcia when you kicked them out? Plz, you wanna talk about poverty, then expect an answer that encompasses all the causes and problems associated with it. Its not a clear cut and narrow as you may wish it is.
Well unless you sell them, I don't think it would help much.
No actually, museums are free in this country.

Yes, sure Indians suffered, but at the end of it they gained independence. We lost an empire and much of our wealth. The wars destroyed us economically and left us in a mountain of debt.

english language, railways, political system and laws, cricket etc etc.
I was talking about me personally, I wasn't alive when we ruled you. Nor were my parents. It's in the past.

I guess if you think thiefing, looting, stealing, start wars to gain such possessions, no compassion for human life when ruling colonlies, etc........Yea differences in national character I would say so.....:azn:
:pop: Chip on your shoulder mate. better lose it.

I guess if you think thiefing, looting, stealing, start wars to gain such possessions, no compassion for human life when ruling colonlies, etc........Yea differences in national character I would say so.....:azn:

That's not required and will only start flame. I expect better posts from you of what I have seen so far. Please no offense.

What puzzles me is that the decision on whether the UK wants to continue with its meager aid to India is entirely of the British people or the Parliament more precisely.It is good to know that the Britishers who have done considerably towards the development of the Subcontinent during the occupation still care about the well being of the people here and alleviation of poverty in India(Which I inferred from the kind of reluctance that they displayed when the GoI asked them to stop the aid if they wanted). . . . .However it is also not fair on their part to expect India all its Defence development programs and Works on Space application projects and leave the borders of the country vulnerable to enemy designs especially on the Eastern front with the rise of the PRC given the kind of large scale modernization program that they have embarked on and a large part of which has already fructified.

Sir, nowhere the democracy of British has ever questioned the Indian advancement. They have only objected the outflow of their own tax payers 1.2 Bil as they feel their once renowned but now aging NHS could benefit from it. Also, when i comes to helping poor no amount is meager... it's an aid... and it is always welcome when used well and monitored. UK wants a stronger India and so the the rest, cause most of educated democracies have learned we are n independent nation which is heading for peace.

Yes, sure Indians suffered, but at the end of it they gained independence. We lost an empire and much of our wealth. The wars destroyed us economically and left us in a mountain of debt.

Thats why I consider Hitler as the main reason for our independence. If not for WW2 UK would have been still ruling India (British India that is)

I am thankful for this except for the bolded part. You could have introduced Football instead.

1. No, the average person doesn't know or care about the typhoon deal.
2.Just no. Believe me no one in the world is jealous of your olympic performance.
3.Again, no one really cares. The british areospace industry is pretty damn good and the ESA (which we are members) is also pretty good.
4.Perhaps...but then I'd much rather live in the UK.

Just my 2 cents.

cents or pence ? :usflag:

Thats why I consider Hitler as the main reason for our independence. If not for WW2 UK would have been still ruling India (British India that is)

I am thankful for this except for the bolded part. You could have introduced Football instead.

Sir, I agree with most of your post but please do not diminish the efforts of our freedom fighters by labeling Hitler as the reason for independence. Yes I do agree that WW2 helped us gain independence, but at what great costs of life? Let's not endorse Hitler who has been one of the the biggest shames to the people even today where he was born. Hope you take my post in good spirit as I understand your intentions are for good.

Well unless you sell them, I don't think it would help much.
No actually, museums are free in this country.

To be quite honest, if India sided with Japan and Germany under Netaji Bose, who would gained or lose more? It speaks volumes of the character of my fellow Indians....never forget that....We sacrificed a lot of good men for your country to exist. Millions of good chaps.
I was talking about me personally, I wasn't alive when we ruled you. Nor were my parents. It's in the past.

:pop: Chip on your shoulder mate. better lose it.

To be quite honest, if India sided with Japan and Germany under Netaji Bose, who would gained or lose more? It speaks volumes of the character of my fellow Indians....never forget that....We sacrificed a lot of good men for your country to exist. Millions of good chaps. India only gained Independence in 1945, so its really quite relevant. let me educate you Bro, you see those railways were used to transport goods, natural resources to the ports, move British troops from one are to another, and for British nationals to travel, very few indians could use such facilities. The political system and laws you mentioned, well do you see the current problems we have with our political system today? its arachaic to say the least. You guys left us with very little ability to continue. The Brits back then, didn;t care if we survived. In fact, if we failed as a nation it would play wonderfully with Churchill's theory that Indians could not rule themselves. I particularly hate Cricket....I find it so long and boring....but Ill give you that a lot of Indians enjoy it. The English language was not for us, it was in your interest to have folks communicate with your ppl. Isn;t the the same English that the West loves to poke fun at for the Indian accent?

Not at all mate. There is no chip. I have a problem when folks point how terrible the 3rd world yet don;t udnerstand the true reasons for its cause. Look at the 1st world, its not a mere coincidence, it mostly contains all white majority nations except Japan. I guess you dont like it when folks point out the character flaws the rest of the world see's. You are correct forgive and forget is the way forward, but when WE ALL SEE YOU GIVING GREECE HER ELGIN MARBLES THEN WHY NOT INDIA? Why the double standards?

Anyhow, I love the Brits of today and I hope you love Indians Jamie. Together, we can make the world a better place. Like I said India is not perfect but we are trying hard. Point us in the right direction and we will continue to help our ppl. Criticism is a good when the intent is reasonable. As for the space agency, like I said even the poorest in India are extremely proud to see us making rockets and going to space. Nothing inspires our people like that. Not even Sachin;)

then we should test an ICBM that can reach england :rofl:

It is one of our friendly countries...lets not go to that extent for such a stupid reason! :-) We have only one enemy and all our WMDs and ICBMs(when ready) should be pointed at that country! ...I am not talking abt Pak!

Sir, I agree with most of your post but please do not diminish the efforts of our freedom fighters by labeling Hitler as the reason for independence. Yes I do agree that WW2 helped us gain independence, but at what great costs of life? Let's not endorse Hitler who has been one of the the biggest shames to the people even today where he was born. Hope you take my post in good spirit as I understand your intentions are for good.

I have great respect for Gandhi as a person , but his non-violence movement was really getting us no where. I have no respect for Hitler either, but his actions caused WW2 that reduced UK from a world power to a European Power. At the end of WW2 , British lost all appetite for their empire, which resulted in the independence of their colonies starting with India. If not they would have been still the dominant power in the world with Germany /US being a distant second.

To be quite honest, if India sided with Japan and Germany under Netaji Bose, who would gained or lose more? It speaks volumes of the character of my fellow Indians....never forget that....We sacrificed a lot of good men for your country to exist. Millions of good chaps. India only gained Independence in 1945, so its really quite relevant. let me educate you Bro, you see those railways were used to transport goods, natural resources to the ports, move British troops from one are to another, and for British nationals to travel, very few indians could use such facilities. The political system and laws you mentioned, well do you see the current problems we have with our political system today? its arachaic to say the least. You guys left us with very little ability to continue. The Brits back then, didn;t care if we survived. In fact, if we failed as a nation it would play wonderfully with Churchill's theory tht INdians could not rule themselves. I particularly hate Cricket....I find it so long and boring....but Ill give you that a lot of Indians enjoy it. The English language was not for us, it was in your interest to have folks communicate with your ppl. Isn;t the same English that West loves to poke fun at for the Indian accent?

Not at all mate. There is no chip. I have a problem when folks point how terrible the 3rd world yet don;t udnerstand the true reasons for its cause. Look at the 1st world, its not a mere coincidence, it mostely contains all white majority nations except Japan. I guess you dont like it when folks point out the character flaws the rest of the world see's. You are correct forgive and forget is the way forward, but when WE ALL SEE YOU GIVING GREECE HER ELGIN MARBLES THEN WHY NOT INDIA? Why the double standards?

Superb post. True Indian!

Well, though we were left a bit early and I wish I presume it was need of the hour. However, when I see today, it took us time and we are on track. I hate CRICKET too and I am sad about Van Persie leaving for scum bags, however I am still hopeful Arsenal will fill it with silverware. That's our resolve, a true Indian resolve.... Secular, Loving, Peaceful, Unclean and Uneducated democracy. We have too many of our own problems. It's time we sort ourselves out!

I have great respect for Gandhi as a person , but his non-violence movement was really getting us no where. I have no respect for Hitler either, but his actions caused WW2 that reduced UK from a world power to a European Power. At the end of WW2 , British lost all appetite for their empire, which resulted in the independence of their colonies starting with India. If not they would have been still the dominant power in the world with Germany /US being a distant second.

True, very good pint you made (lol i just edited, am in love with pints, it was meant to be POINT). However, I believe it's us Indian's who won the freedom and then suddenly lost it due to our uneducated newly formed youth of democracy. Today, look at us, we are still new but we sit at a better position, because as a Nation we know we want peace and wish to grow and discover the bigger things in life... maybe larger than life. With Mars mission, we begin this journey... the next generations I am sure are going to be even clever, peaceful and full of a positive outlook!

To be quite honest, if India sided with Japan and Germany under Netaji Bose, who would gained or lose more? It speaks volumes of the character of my fellow Indians....never forget that....We sacrificed a lot of good men for your country to exist. Millions of good chaps. India only gained Independence in 1945, so its really quite relevant. let me educate you Bro, you see those railways were used to transport goods, natural resources to the ports, move British troops from one are to another, and for British nationals to travel, very few indians could use such facilities. The political system and laws you mentioned, well do you see the current problems we have with our political system today? its arachaic to say the least. You guys left us with very little ability to continue. The Brits back then, didn;t care if we survived. In fact, if we failed as a nation it would play wonderfully with Churchill's theory tht INdians could not rule themselves. I particularly hate Cricket....I find it so long and boring....but Ill give you that a lot of Indians enjoy it. The English language was not for us, it was in your interest to have folks communicate with your ppl. Isn;t the same English that West loves to poke fun at for the Indian accent?

Not at all mate. There is no chip. I have a problem when folks point how terrible the 3rd world yet don;t udnerstand the true reasons for its cause. Look at the 1st world, its not a mere coincidence, it mostely contains all white majority nations except Japan. I guess you dont like it when folks point out the character flaws the rest of the world see's. You are correct forgive and forget is the way forward, but when WE ALL SEE YOU GIVING GREECE HER ELGIN MARBLES THEN WHY NOT INDIA? Why the double standards?
How have we even got to talking about this? I can't remember.
Elgin marbles on a thread about Mars.

That's not required and will only start flame. I expect better posts from you of what I have seen so far. Please no offense.

Sir, nowhere the democracy of British has ever questioned the Indian advancement. They have only objected the outflow of their own tax payers 1.2 Bil as they feel their once renowned but now aging NHS could benefit from it. Also, when i comes to helping poor no amount is meager... it's an aid... and it is always welcome when used well and monitored. UK wants a stronger India and so the the rest, cause most of educated democracies have learned we are n independent nation which is heading for peace.

You re right Foo, i got it a little hot.....its tough being an India in the West. We are constantly criticized by the media, ridiclued at, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom