What's new

India's Mars mission sparks another UK aid row

There is absolutely no reason to give aid to India, it's a waste of UK tax payer money.

Aid should be given for humanitarian reasons or if it assist in furthering British economic or geo-strategic interests.

DFID priorities needs to be overhauled.
Aid is given to NGOs, not Indian govt. BTW Indians are responsible of thousands of jobs in UK, Remember LN Mittal and our software companies....

Let history lie. We've forgiven the germans. You can forgive us.
You won't be able to guilt trip me over the empire, we lost everything in the world wars. I like to think that we gave something back to the world then. But that's for another thread.
I do not make fun of poverty.
Most of the worlds museums have things from other countries. Don't open that can of worms.
You make some good points, but it's not really for this thread.

@timetravel. I know india is growing fast, but there are still many millions living in poverty are there not?

Are you British?

We Indians easily forgive and forget.When I see an UK citizen I dont view them as 'looters'
I dont consider US as our enemy coz they send a CBG in 1971.
But articles like this and references in UK television channels often irritate me.
They simply cannot publish a good news about India with out refering to poverty....

They have to sell their newspapers. The huge influx of emigrants is essentially changing the characteristics of certain areas in UK. With economic difficulties, the common citizen of UK is threatened by the outsiders and the British aid programs . The media is exploiting it.

But UK government does recognize India's importance in its foreign policy. No less than Cameron suggested that an Indian origin person could be PM of UK in future. And, that is the image India enjoys in UK.

The Hindu : News / National : First British Indian PM will be a Tory, says Cameron

@timetravel. I know india is growing fast, but there are still many millions living in poverty are there not?
Yes.But the fact is
1.it is decreasing
2.We spend a lot of money for poverty alleivation.much more than we spend on space research
ISRO budget is $1.19billion this year

India is one of UKs important trade partners I know that
They have to sell their newspapers. The huge influx of emigrants is essentially changing the characteristics of certain areas in UK. With economic difficulties, the common citizen of UK is threatened by the outsiders and the British aid programs . The media is exploiting it.

But UK government does recognize India's importance in its foreign policy. No less than Cameron suggested that an Indian origin person could be PM of UK in future. And, that is the image India enjoys in UK.

The Hindu : News / National : First British Indian PM will be a Tory, says Cameron

What a lot of mop heads and jumbo trolling. Jesus Christ! Following are the reasons of reasoning on Indian Aid:

1. It's British commonwealth long time strategy to invest money on poor communities for the betterment of humanity.
2. They do not give hard cash to a 'babu', it is routed through various NGO's in the UK which have strategic partnership with Indian NGO's.
3. It's not peanuts to India but for sure it is peanuts for UK (also Indian government is NOT getting this money directly) and it is a well established fact that this outflow is monitored.
4. UK economy is saturated yet it is strong and it is for something called Country Branding which is essential. Even, India offered Euro 10 times this money for their bail out. It's called co-operation which we fail to comprehend.
5. It's not internet hindus, we are internet Indian's and please stop racist rants. I know your wives are sleeping with someone else doesn't mean you start being racist.

Yes!both India and China were leading science and technology innovators then!!!

In space research?yes

Before the Meji era, Japan feared a British colonisation of her Island. They even threaterned nippon through envoys. Imagine if Japan got colonised o_O

Aid is given to NGOs, not Indian govt. BTW Indians are responsible of thousands of jobs in UK, Remember LN Mittal and our software companies....

Forget about LN Mittal, 70% of Indian companies are headquartered here in London that cater to European markets.

Yes.But the fact is
1.it is decreasing
2.We spend a lot of money for poverty alleivation.much more than we spend on space research
ISRO budget is $1.19billion this year
I know, you're missing my point.
If you lived in a slum and saw millions being spent on a mission to Mars, you would be pretty pissed.

Why are you getting angry?
The british monarchy get around £60 million a year from the taxpayer. People lesser off, feel aggrieved that the money is spent on them and not helping others.
Poor Indians may feel the same in this situation.

Yes...that's why we give aid.
;)

Dude, you are completely in the wrong place. Indians believe their own hype. Logic and sensible discussion can not be had. They are a people infected with hindutva logic which boggs them down with every conceivable and imagined slights of history. Hence the uber aggressiveness and self righteous indignation at every turn.

Let history lie. We've forgiven the germans. You can forgive us.
You won't be able to guilt trip me over the empire, we lost everything in the world wars. I like to think that we gave something back to the world then. But that's for another thread.
I do not make fun of poverty.
Most of the worlds museums have things from other countries. Don't open that can of worms.
You make some good points, but it's not really for this thread.

It not good for this tread because its an inconvenient truth. It doesn;t matter about other countries and other museums....WE are talking about the British and India....lets focus on that. Listen to yourself, we have forgiven the Germans? Did the Germans rule the UK for 200 yrs and bleed them dry? After WW2, how do you think Germany was able to survive even though it was divided? Massive aid was pumped into West Germany to make it a powerhouse. Im not trying to push a guilt trip......its just the facts....get over it. If you cared so much about our poor, then your attitudes would speak such.

If you lived in a slum and saw millions being spent on a mission to Mars, you would be pretty pissed.
They wont until they get guaranteed job.rice and wheat for 2 rupees per kilogram.:lol:
Most Indians consider ISRO as their pride

Dude, you are completely in the wrong place. Indians believe their own hype. Logic and sensible discussion can not be had. They are a people infected with hindutva logic which boggs them down with every conceivable and imagined slights of history. Hence the uber aggressiveness and self righteous indignation at every turn.
another jamati
a62c7378.jpg

No not exactly true. They see how their nation has come a long, long way. It has the ability to compete with the great powers in the world. More importantly, it gives hope that in time we can change and get better. No question, poverty is a huge problem. I think they are more pissed when they see the UK trying to bully us and paint an unflattering image when they were part of the problem. After partition (which was pushed by whom exactly?), the UK along with the US actively aided and helped Pakistan. YOu guys turned a blind eye to many issues.

Look at Deigo Garcia? You guys kicked out the local inhabitants of Indian descent and turned it into military base. Speaks volumes if you ask me

Tell me if you can give back the Elgin Marbles then why cant you do the same for INDIA? Double standards or is it plain overt racism.....

It not good for this tread because its an inconvenient truth. It doesn;t matter about other countries and other museums....WE are talking about the British and India....lets focus on that. Listen to yourself, we have forgiven the Germans? Did the Germans rule the UK for 200 yrs and bleed them dry? After WW2, how do you think Germany was able to survive even though it was divided? Massive aid was pumped into West Germany to make it a powerhouse. Im not trying to push a guilt trip......its just the facts....get over it. If you cared so much about our poor, then your attitudes would speak such.
I'm sorry, museums aren't really relevant to this thread.
Oh but it does matter, you are saying none of your museums have objects from other countries.
No, they did not. But they did start the 2 bloodiest wars in history. Those wars were of no benefit to us.
Whereas the empire has left some positive aspects on India.
What attitudes have I displayed which suggest I do not care for the poor?
That's all I'm gonna say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom