What's new

India's Mars mission sparks another UK aid row

Oh I see the bigger picture, I just sympathise with those poor people who might feel aggrieved.
10 billion for an year for NREGA(aprogram that ensures job for rural people) vs $80 million for a mars mission for 3 years(2012-2014)
Just compare.....
:angry:

Please stop being British Cheerleader!!!
What have they done for undoing almost a century of looting,exploitation?
millions killed,artificial famines and looting cannot be undone by $200 million aid an year

This 2012, we cannot live in 1800s. We have to move on, make as many friend as possible. We would not like our rise be like the rise of China where most countries feel threatened.

Uk shud stop giving aid and india shud demand all antique gold/stones to be returned to respective colonies.

10 billion for an year for NREGA(aprogram that ensures job for rural people) vs $80 million for a mars mission for 3 years(2012-2014)
Just compare.....
:angry:
Why are you getting angry?
The british monarchy get around £60 million a year from the taxpayer. People lesser off, feel aggrieved that the money is spent on them and not helping others.
Poor Indians may feel the same in this situation.

No need to sympathize, coz sympathy don't do anything....
Yes...that's why we give aid.
;)

Oh I see the bigger picture, I just sympathise with those poor people who might feel aggrieved.

We sure are taking out more people out of poverty than it has been since 1947. I say UK require India as much as India require UK.

This 2012, we cannot live in 1800s. We have to move on, make as many friend as possible. We would not like our rise be like the rise of China where most countries feel threatened.
We Indians easily forgive and forget.When I see an UK citizen I dont view them as 'looters'
I dont consider US as our enemy coz they send a CBG in 1971.
But articles like this and references in UK television channels often irritate me.
They simply cannot publish a good news about India with out refering to poverty....

No we do not have those. Your point?

Perhaps that is the problem. Maybe you should care a little more about the people in need.

We should do more for our ppl but maybe the British could a lot more and give back the loot they have stolen from us fro 200 yrs? Do you see my point? You make fun of poverty, put us down because of our poverty but neglect to realize your Empire was part of the problem you see today? You also conveniently forget that many of our religious artifacts, idols, books, etc. are in your museum, not in ours. Don;t you see the double standards when you are willing to give it such artifacts back to Greece but hold onto our ancestors legacy and glorious contributions? I know a lot of Brits and most of you are kond hearted folks, I just wish you realized how much OUR historical artifacts mean to us. It would tremendously to uplift the spirits of our ppl to see the accomplishments of their ancestors....

you need to shed the steroetype image of poor and backward India that you carry in your mind. Only when you open your mind and see a fast rising country, which is a big power and has huge ambitions, will you be able to appreciate the India efforts in Space and Science.

Ultimately this technology development is for the benefit of all Indians. India must ensure to lead the world in Technology only then it can both safeguard itself and provide prosperity for its masses.

We will develop in all aspects, be it poverty alleviation, be it security, be it environmental, be it the CUTTING EDGE Scientific Research. Now if that makes some people in west uncomfortable, then we cant help. But for India to become a world power it has to be a holistic development. We cannot afford to lag behind in space and technology.

and anyhow once we are at the top of the tech ladder, we will save 100 times more money then we are spending as we will not have to pay anyone for the tech. instead we will sell it to others.;)

Why are you getting angry?
Coz you think $80 million for 3 years is too much money while India is spending $10 billion an year for one single welfare program
The british monarchy get around £60 million a year from the taxpayer. People lesser off, feel aggrieved that the money is spent on them and not helping others.
Poor Indians may feel the same in this situation.
Then stop the aid!!It is not helping!!!!
Your aid is not spend on India's Mars mission.dont worry

Soo Do most Indians pefer France over the British? Latin Attitude over Anglo saxon heritage?
France never looted us like the British.They didnt impose any sanctions coz we did a nuke test and so on

We should do more for our ppl but maybe the British could a lot more and give back the loot they have stolen from us fro 200 yrs? Do you see my point? You make fun of poverty, put us down because of our poverty but neglect to realize your Empire was part of the problem you see today? You also conveniently forget that many of our religious artifacts, idols, books, etc. are in your museum, not in ours. Don;t you see the double standards when you are willing to give it such artifacts back to Greece but hold onto our ancestors legacy and glorious contributions? I know a lot of Brits and most of you are kond hearted folks, I just wish you realized how much OUR historical artifacts mean to us. It would tremendously to uplift the spirits of our ppl to see the accomplishments of their ancestors....

Before colonialism India and China made 50% of the worlds wealth and Tech

Then stop the aid!!It is not helping!!!!

France never looted us like the British.They didnt impose any sanctions coz we did a nuke test and so on

French technology contributes more to Indian society today over British right?

There is absolutely no reason to give aid to India, it's a waste of UK tax payer money.

Aid should be given for humanitarian reasons or if it assist in furthering British economic or geo-strategic interests.

DFID priorities needs to be overhauled.

Let history lie. We've forgiven the germans. You can forgive us.
You won't be able to guilt trip me over the empire, we lost everything in the world wars. I like to think that we gave something back to the world then. But that's for another thread.
I do not make fun of poverty.
Most of the worlds museums have things from other countries. Don't open that can of worms.
You make some good points, but it's not really for this thread.

@timetravel. I know india is growing fast, but there are still many millions living in poverty are there not?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom