What's new

India's hybrid hypersonic, reusable , costeffective launch vehicle

ISRO and DRDO both have hypersonic launch vehicles programs.. Now their hybrid vehicle vehicles arec oming. Both agencies are working on this sort of vehicles. Design is out. Here is how it will work.

I have no issues with you sharing real articles from DRDO or ISRO website. But pls don't do it from this YouTube channel which is a fan channel used to educate masses on Indian defence advances. It's however not an channel on which you want to start a debate on.

Yes a very valid point.

But why do you presume that these drawings are from Bollywood?

A country as poor as India should stop spending on anything other than managing Food, Clothing and Housing for its citizens. Bollywood and all sorts of entertainment should be banned considering that it leads to so much enmity and heart burn with our dear neighbour.

Only and only after achieving self sufficiency in all these areas should it start anything to do with scientific development, research, entertainment etc etc. A great model of development where things happen one by one.
You have summed up rabid Maoism in the bolded part

It was briefly practiced in one nation
Khmer Rouge

26,000 PLA died attempting to save it

1621526880538.png

Last edited:
I have no issues with you sharing real articles from DRDO or ISRO website. But pls don't do it from this YouTube channel which is a fan channel used to educate masses on Indian defence advances. It's however not an channel on which you want to start a debate on.

Defense decode is most reliable chennel. Watch this. He says that ISRO published that officially.

Let's wait till they have a proof of concept and a working demonstrable model before we start with the chest thumping.

We're decent in planning and schematics, it's those devilish details in operations and execution that ail us.
The devil is in the details, what good is a completed project if it's done by 10-20 years past its completion date.

Our operational execution and timely goal achievement leaves much to be desired, that much is undeniable. In light of that, it's a little premature to celebrate off of proposed schematics alone.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to convey. Our capability and capacity is growing and speaks well of our scientific community and their hard work, but such an environment is also subject to economic, organisational and political constraints, which at times causes unnecessary delays, costing time. This is where we need to focus, we need to start to optimise the entire chain from development to production and all the logistical infrastructure necessary to provide it in a time frame at best advantage to GoI's goals.

The plans for such a delivery vehicle are admirable and innovative, however it is simply but one step towards achieving it.

Happy that such a project is under consideration?Yes!

Bragging about it whens it's prototype isn't even ready? No!

I have to ask you a question(s) because some comments here by people seem to be a bit ill-logical when I read them, and then maybe it's a cultural thing.

Question: How is discussing technology equate to chest-thumping?

Further to it, if near-all components to said technology have been proven and demonstrated, why is discussing the cumulation of it coming together as a final product, equate to an act of chest-thumping?

Further to it, if a project has been budgeted from the Defence Department and its supporting agencies, as it seems what Surya is stating, why is discussing either milestones or the final product/technology demonstrater equate to an act of chest-thumping?
You forgot to boast that India is # 1 internet scammer in the world

That distinction of counterfeits, stealing IPs, R&D, economic espionage of other companies, copy and pasting, selling of boutique illegal drugs goes to your country China.

Last edited:
I have to ask you a question(s) because some comments here by people seem to be a bit ill-logical when I read them, and then maybe it's a cultural thing.

Question: How is discussing technology equate to chest-thumping?

Further to it, if near-all components to said technology have been proven and demonstrated, why is discussing the cumulation of it coming together as a final product, equate to an act of chest-thumping?

Further to it, if a project has been budgeted from the Defence Department and its supporting agencies, as it seems what Surya is stating, why is discussing either milestones or the final product/technology demonstrater equate to an act of chest-thumping?

It is no chest thumping atall. People call it chest thumping just because they find it difficult to digest because of the high techonology involved. Every time when a new vehicle is designed, the news comes in the same way. Look at sslv. First ISRO came out with design then subsystem realization and testing. Ultimately the systems are integrated and vehicles are realized. After 3-4 successful launches, it will be declared commercially operational. This is a standard process.

ISRO and DRDO both have hypersonic launch vehicles programs.. Now their hybrid vehicle vehicles arec oming. Both agencies are working on this sort of vehicles. Design is out. Here is how it will work.

You need to first develop combine cycle engines for your this vehicle, look dude if you have no tech of developing combine cycle engines than only option for you guys is to put this vehicle on SLV or BMs for launch/lift off, because you have to look the vehicle speed transiting various speeds , for example you can't start RAMJET on 0 speed you need to to get a speed of sound to start RAMJET, hence you need turbofan to reach speed sound to ignite RAMJET and same goes to SCRAMJET, SCRAMJET can start 4 times of speed of sound o get start SCRAMJET

It is no chest thumping atall. People call it chest thumping just because they find it difficult to digest because of the high techonology involved. Every time when a new vehicle is designed, the news comes in the same way.

No, it is not because we find it difficult to digest but the way Indians present it: if my memory is right, Indian scientists and officials had started talking about this since....2000. They kept screaming to everyone's ear: I am coming, I am coming!!!!! After 20 years, they are making the same noise.

It is quite annoying.

All I want to say is: please shut up, keep quite until you really have it.

Look at sslv. First ISRO came out with design then subsystem realization and testing. Ultimately the systems are integrated and vehicles are realized. After 3-4 successful launches, it will be declared commercially operational. This is a standard process.

This a perfect example of Indian style imagination.
In March of this year, the FIRST STAGE OF SOLID MOTOR of SSLV just failed in its STATIC TEST. Now our Indian friends already claim the vehicles are realized. Are you just coming back from future?

ISRO's SSLV rocket's first stage solid motor fails its static test pushing back launch timeline-India News , Firstpost

No, it is not because we find it difficult to digest but the way Indians present it: if my memory is right, Indian scientists and officials had started talking about this since....2000. They kept screaming to everyone's ear: I am coming, I am coming!!!!! After 20 years, they are making the same noise.

It is quite annoying.

All I want to say is: please shut up, keep quite until you really have it.

This a perfect example of Indian style imagination.
In March of this year, the FIRST STAGE OF SOLID MOTOR of SSLV just failed in its STATIC TEST. Now our Indian friends already claim the vehicles are realized. Are you just coming back from future?

ISRO's SSLV rocket's first stage solid motor fails its static test pushing back launch timeline-India News , Firstpost

There are different stages to that. They might have talked about that vehicle in a conceptual stage. Then come stage when the design starts, and then comes the stage when the designs progresses, and then technologies are realised and integrated followed by testing and rationalization. So they might have talked about the concept at that time. Now it is on drawing board and drawing is almost done. Many technologies are available so this is a takeoff stage. Indian scientist has a record to complete all the projects in a much better way than it was conceptualized. It will be done in this project as well.

India supplies 28 pc generic drugs in the world and hence India is pharmacy of the world. India produces maximum vaccine in the world. So India is top in pharmacy.

We build highest KM of highway per day so we are ahead in infrasttucture as well.

Being a source of cheap labour doesn't make you a market leader in anything other than sweatshops.

Being a source of cheap labour doesn't make you a market leader in anything other than sweatshops.

Being a cheap source of unslilled, semi skilled, high skill, professionals, researchers eill makes India a unique country with abundance od all sort of manpower. Those companies , which came to India for production has biggest development centers here in India today.

You need to first develop combine cycle engines for your this vehicle, look dude if you have no tech of developing combine cycle engines than only option for you guys is to put this vehicle on SLV or BMs for launch/lift off, because you have to look the vehicle speed transiting various speeds , for example you can't start RAMJET on 0 speed you need to to get a speed of sound to start RAMJET, hence you need turbofan to reach speed sound to ignite RAMJET and same goes to SCRAMJET, SCRAMJET can start 4 times of speed of sound o get start SCRAMJET
And that is why it has 3 to 4 turbofan engine to push its speed to a level where the remjet engine can start. It is all explained in the video which perhaps you didn't listen in enthusiasm of trolling.

There are different stages to that. They might have talked about that vehicle in a conceptual stage. Then come stage when the design starts, and then comes the stage when the designs progresses, and then technologies are realised and integrated followed by testing and rationalization. So they might have talked about the concept at that time. Now it is on drawing board and drawing is almost done. Many technologies are available so this is a takeoff stage.

On our planet, we only say something is realized when the whole product is assembled, not some technologies, not sub-systems, the whole system.

Indian scientist has a record to complete all the projects in a much better way than it was conceptualized. It will be done in this project as well.

Yes, the way they make it better is by making the project super long time overdue. At the end they can add in some new technologies so they can claim this credit.

On our planet, we only say something is realized when the whole product is assembled, not some technologies, not sub-systems, the whole system.

Yes, the way they make it better is by making the project super long time overdue. At the end they can add in some new technologies so they can claim this credit.

Nonsense as ever.

And that is why it has 3 to 4 turbofan engine to push its speed to a level where the remjet engine can start. It is all explained in the video which perhaps you didn't listen in enthusiasm of trolling.
And where you install Sramjet/Ramet if you have 3/4 jet engine, if this is your (Indian) Philosophies than your hybrid hypersonic vehicle will become extremely weighty, and probably will not go to space or to reach suborbital height because of weight, to save weight you should invest on pulse detonation or combine cycle engine

Back
Top Bottom