What's new

India's hate towards Pakistan on its next level.

A full-fledged operation such as Rah-e-rast required civilians to be evacuated. What's happening in Kashmir is not such full-fledged operation.

That's my point. What if the IA started a full fledged operation? After all, the war has been on for 20 years and we have lost many soldiers. A full-fledged was would be much more easier.

And if entire valley is evacuated then so be it. Also, TTP use civilians as human shields.

I'm sure it is easy for you and me to say as a Pakistani and an Indian. But how would the Kashmiris feel?

And oh, don't deny that militants in Kashmir hide among the normal public and threaten them for protection.

This is something else Zakaria had to say about the operation:

Zakaria: Pakistan's crackdown will create chaos - CNN.com

Read some of his replies to questions and then tell if this guy is even half-neutral or is a mouthpiece for GoI.

I'm sure you would agree that not all India critics are mouthpieces for GoP and not all Pakistan critics are mouthpieces for GoI.

And well, the civilians were used for intelligence after they returned.

Proving him right. Even the GoP agreed with his point.

All in all, I think this guy just needs some reason to whine about Pakistan or PA and back then he found it in Rah-e-Rast. But alas, the counterinsurgency expert must have his head spinning after how wrong his expert opinion was found out to be.

If he wanted PA to succeed, he wouldn't be making these stupid assertions that he did in that video (such as it is doubtful whether the operation would succeed), only trying to find negatives in what Pakistan army is/was doing.

Look, I don't care whether he whines or not. What I do object to, however is the flaming titles and baseless allegations against India. If the title had been 'Pro India Analyst's hate towards Pakistan', I would have had no objections.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Since you are asking, and I don't know please tell me how rich?

You will just have to visit Aurangabad once to find out. :)

Last edited:
Just tell me something.. Why is he on CNN? why not any other Indian channel?

Now CNN is also unreliable and DAWN is reliable. Man made Mad world..

I'd say because his opinion match up to those that are expected at CNN. And obviously CNN would pay him more than an Indian channel. On top of that he gets to live in the US.

I am not sure you know much about CNN but it has never been that reliable. This is not just coming from me but from westerners themselves. It's just a few steps away from Fox news.

Farid Zakria is very biased , dont take his comments seriously as this guy only sees through the glasses of an Indian..!

I'd say because his opinion match up to those that are expected at CNN. And obviously CNN would pay him more than an Indian channel. On top of that he gets to live in the US.

I am not sure you know much about CNN but it has never been that reliable. This is not just coming from me but from westerners themselves. It's just a few steps away from Fox news.

So whom should I believe? Westerners?

80 % Americans believe that they never landed on moon and 80 % of Americans believe that WWE is for real :lol::lol:

That's my point. What if the IA started a full fledged operation?

I'm sure it is easy for you and me to say as a Pakistani and an Indian. But how would the Kashmiris feel?

Well it would depend on Kashmiri opinion on the IA. Now I don't need to speak much about how PA is viewed in Swat as the articles and videos speak for themselves. There wasn't much cry from either Swatis or people from other parts of Pakistan so I guess people were OK with it. Most importantly it probably saved plenty of lives.

I'm sure you would agree that not all India critics are mouthpieces for GoP and not all Pakistan critics are mouthpieces for GoI.

I am not suggesting that he is a mouthpiece for GoI physically. What he says is probably verbatim what GoI would want him to say, however.

Proving him right. Even the GoP agreed with his point.

But what about the rest of what he said? I mean look how he starts off, PA killed lots of civilians and not militants (nothing to suggest that is true).

Then his assertion that the operation would probably fail, there would lot of chaos and anguish, etc. And how did it turn out to be?

Look, I don't care whether he whines or not. What I do object to, however is the flaming titles and baseless allegations against India. If the title had been 'Pro India Analyst's hate towards Pakistan', I would have had no objections.

Well fair enough. I really think this guy doesn't want the operations to succeed otherwise his show's time and his articles would be cut by 75%, resulting in a proportional drop in salary.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

So whom should I believe? Westerners?

80 % Americans believe that they never landed on moon and 80 % of Americans believe that WWE is for real :lol::lol:

My reference to westerners was just in case you were thinking it is me who is thinking that CNN is unreliable.

CNN is very biased in their reporting, they have their allegiance with the democrats and do continue to work on behalf of the democratic government promoting their media campaigns.

Sam Sedaei: CNN's Shamelessly Biased Report On 3 American Soldiers' Murders In Iraq

CNN Biased Reporting - CNN iReport

http://www.politicolnews.com/cnn-biased-bull-reporting/

Complain to CNN Bias to Confront their Excessive Bias & Misogyny! - COMMON GROUND POLITICS

As for Dawn, it is one the most fair and balanced newspaper that has never distorted the truth or produced any biased views. But some people would not be able to see that because of their own bias.

How many news anchors are bestowed with such honors by Governments. Corruption has many angles.

US-based journalist Fareed Zakaria and Indian-American physician Sudhir M Parikh have said that they are deeply honoured and humbled after being chosen for the prestigious Padma awards this year.

“I am deeply honoured and humbled. I am absolutely delighted to be in the company of people with extraordinary achievements,” Zakaria said after he was nominated by Indian Government for the prestigious Padma Bhushan rpt Padma Bhushan awards.

Zakaria said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh deserves enormous credit for having moved India towards the path of greater degree of comfort and strategic insight.

“I believe India and the US are moving on a path of inevitable partnership,” Zakaria said as he pointed out that India’s natural place is with the great powers of the world.

“(There are) so many broad forces pushing these two countries together ¿from strategic forces to cultural forces to intellectual force. I believe that we would see the 21st century in which the US and India ideas, interest, values and increasingly cooperate on the global stage,” he said.

Padma award recipients Zakaria, Parikh say they are humbled

Exactly Sir. Would that not make him Pro-US rather than Pro-India?

Not necessarily. It depends on whether CNN is pro-US. And like the rest of western media bar a few exceptions, CNN is liberal and does not necessarily reflect the general US opinion. For instance, US is split 50/50 on abortion yet almost all mainstream channels show support towards abortion. OTOH, I don't his bosses at CNN have any problem with what he says even if they might have different opinion. Shows are not taken off air just because the anchor and his boss have differing opinion.

Not necessarily. It depends on whether CNN is pro-US. And like the rest of western media bar a few exceptions, CNN is liberal and does not necessarily reflect the general US opinion. For instance, US is split 50/50 on abortion yet almost all mainstream channels show support towards abortion. OTOH, I don't his bosses at CNN have any problem with what he says even if they might have different opinion. Shows are not taken off air just because the anchor and his boss have differing opinion.

All right, pro-Liberals rather than pro-India. Doesn't negate my point.

Just to repeat myself on Zakaria.

He did an interview of Musharraf and asked him questions on several points. Two of those were what happened with the American aid, and what about the Quetta Shura. Musharraf answered these questions pretty nicely.

A week or two later, Zakaria goes on the Anderson Cooper 360 show. He raises the same points he raised with Musharraf, but doesn't speak a word of what Musharraf said, acting like the interview never happened.

That for me right there was a clear cut case of a journalist showing some obvious bias.

All right, pro-Liberals rather than pro-India. Doesn't negate my point.

Being on a network does not necessarily mean he has to have strict opinions and that the network dictates the opinion. Just some general opinions on things that matter to the network (such as liberalism). After that it's all open field, as long as it's not completely inane or ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom