What's new

India's growth depends on progress of Muslims and other minorities

I don't understand why aeronaut deleted my post?... I mentioned India growth is depends upon the growth of middle class and poor, not just with muslim or any particular religion...

lol what a moderation...

Hopefully he bans you for insulting a mod.

8jUy.jpg

Ok i saw yr above picture.....Now go cry to yr mamma.

@Black Widow

"State is not responsible for Upliftment of individual, rather individual is responsible for upliftment of state."

Slight correction,

State is responsible for Upliftment of individual AND individual is responsible for upliftment of state.

Its feedback mechanism that is the reason for growth of both State and the individual.

Agreed.

even though in the "general" context it may not be true, but in Indian case (and by extension other countries in the region), uplift of lower classes is the responsibility of the government, because the government has had taken up that responsibility for the last 60 odd years.

Government spending on higher education, the job quotas, and many other tax payer funded schemes were supposed to bring up the lower classes.

But in case of Muslims it has not worked.

My God, 170+ million Muslims and yet so little progress compared to other groups who started off at a much more disadvantageous levels than Muslims.

On a much more regional level, what puzzles me deeply is that same Biharis and UPites had made it in Pakistan even though the cultural tendencies, the number of kids, the religious fanaticism is the same. And they all were pretty much down trodden, poverty stricken, and wretched of nth degree (few elites didn't count much) in 1947.

So there got to be something.

But unfortunately I can't put my finger on it.

peace

Last edited by a moderator:
says who..? Pakistani Constitution..?

Spare us... Ahmadis are as Muslims as any Deobandi in India...

My dear dear Jha,

Please ignore the dimwit sectarian posters from Pak.

As a member of majority sect in Pak, I am truly ashamed of these lowlifes who bring up this black law against minorities in Pakistan.

Many of these are followers of a wretched Mullah who started religious terrorism against minorities of Pakistan way back in 1952.

We the majority sect in Pak just stood around watching these Islamist goons burn, pillage, and loot Ahmadi homes and businesses,

Illegitimate kids of the same wrteched and black faced Mullah have now gone beyond in barbarity and sheer cruelty and madness, compared to those little riots.

So please ignore this man. Blame the black faced Mullahs who now are targeting not just Ahmadis, but the majority sect members too.

Let's just mourn the utter destruction of Pakistan and its constitution at the hands of these Islamo-fascists. Just mourn.

Sadly!

Agreed.

even though in the "general" context it may not be true, but in Indian case (and by extension other countries in the region), uplift of lower classes is the responsibility of the government, because the government has had taken up that responsibility for the last 60 odd years.

Government spending on higher education, the job quotas, and many other tax payer funded schemes were supposed to bring up the lower classes.

But in case of Muslims it has not worked.

My God, 170+ million Muslims and yet so little progress compared to other groups who started off at a much more disadvantageous levels than Muslims.

On a much more regional level, what puzzles me deeply is that same Biharis and UPites had made it in Pakistan even though the cultural tendencies, the number of kids, the religious fanaticism is the same. And they all were pretty much down trodden, poverty stricken, and wretched of nth degree (few elites didn't count much) in 1947.

So there got to be something.

But unfortunately I can't put my finger on it.

peace

As I am a Bihari and have grown up in a village which has 1200 homes of Hindus ( mostly Brahmins) and about 500 homes of Muslims, let me try to explain it.. Bihari Muslims after the independence got busy in earning their livelihood and started to move to places where they could live in numbers. The leaders of Muslim community sad to say never allowed them to think of the upliftment of community. The result was a number of Madarshas opened ( often with gulf money ). The money brought its own problems.
Since Congress was in power and appeasement policy was in full swing, the govt. choose to look the other side when the syllabus of these Madarshas were intentionally kept backward. The result was that the majority of the pass outs of these Madarshas were not upto the mark. They just could not compete with the students coming out of the Govt. and Private schools. This all created a vicious cycle. If Muslims are backward in UP and Bihar, blame the likes of Azam Khan , Tasleemuddin and Shabuddin for that.

In my village ( which is famous for producing IAS,IPS and IITians ) only the first Muslim to become an engineer ( in late 90's )is a student of my Mother. She asked the fellow's father to send him to the Govt. school. The boy grew up with the Hindu kids and was very bright. Other Muslims have started sending their kids to the Govt. Schools and Private schools now.

On the contrary when the same Muslims went to Pakistan , they were the brightest there. The already educated ones helped others to get educated and the result is obvious.

says who..? Pakistani Constitution..?

Spare us... Ahmadis are as Muslims as any Deobandi in India...

They r not according to islamic Law itself......

Now Get Lost........

India's growth depends on Indians be it Hindu, Muslim etc.. you cannot conclude communities on the basis of religion and caste.

India's growth depends on Indians be it Hindu, Muslim etc.. you cannot conclude communities on the basis of religion and caste.

Yet that is the norm within certain states in India.

as long as the following exists, muslims (or any other group) cant prosper:
-- muslim appeasement
-- votebank politics
-- aversion to modern schooling and lovey dovey towards madrassas.

as long as any particular community is given the feel of "daamad" , they shall never work for their own bread (y shud they?? they know some votebank politicians will come to give them 10 rupees and a kilo of rice during elections).
but the worst which concerns me is the aversion of backward muslims (esp rural) towards modern schooling. madrassas are fine coz they impart religious and cultural education to muslims but over emphasis to religion and culture led to poverty and backwardness. it doesnt take a genius to understand that a madrassa educated person cant compete with ppl with modern schooling /college. after all in competitive exams (for professional colleges or jobs), they dont ask u about the suras in kuran or the culture of islam/hinduism/sikhism blah blah blah. they test their knowledge about science, engineering or finance and then n there the madrassa educated guys go kaput and lag behind.
gurukuls had been the traditional education of the hindus which had long been gone, hence they have no option to go for modern schooling for their wards, whether these hindus are poor or rich, rural or urban. but in the case of less fortunate muslims, they have the solace of thinking that their wards can get education, free of cost, in the islamic way. now whether this education is going to help their children in the long run is an entirely different matter.
votebank politics isnt helping either. examples given by @jha on how over emphasis was given to "cultural/religious" education rather than real education for votes is harming the future generation of muslims in india. netas, we can understand, their only job is to get votes, by any means necessary. but what about the parents ?????? well someone wud say they are themselves not informed enuf. so who informs them about all things necessary ----the mullahs in madrassas. and what would they preach ???? modern schooling for future uplifment ???? naaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. how cud they??? that wud eventually bring about their stranglehold on the muslim society crashing down....and there goes their leverage over the votebank politicians.
our pakistani brethren had been lucky in respect that the best of the wealthy/educated moved to pakistan (becoz they cud afford the journey n not the wretched backward ones). and these educated ones, in turn, helped the less fortunate among them
so before the pakistanis here would slur india/indians saying all sorts of blah blah blah, please try to understand the problem before coming out with a non existent solution.
thank you all

We are a very corrupt country. We like to blame politicians, but we see corruption everywhere. Everyone is out to make a fast buck and hatch a scam. Be it of a few thousand crores or a few lacs. All this money which daily we see being unearthed from one scam or the other, imagine if all this was used for the country. Imagine what effect it would have on our growth. How many roads, schools, hospitals, dams, power stations, bridges we could build. How many hungry we could feed. How many infants dying we could save. How many villages we could give water and sanitation to. How many slums we could clean up. India's growth will come from fighting corruption at every level.

I still can't understand the fact that why people ar ehell bent on proving that India is achieving succes because of certain religion following people.

Why so much obsession with Religion ?

In India, we really don't care whether the customer or seller is from certain religion. Or what is the religion of CEO or MD of a company.

In India only talent matter even if there are reservations for particular section of society. They have to compete among themselves too.

Stop looking everything from religious angle. Whether it is Jagdish Chandra Bose or Dr. APJ Kalam, all are regarded as patriotic Indians. Period.

Back
Top Bottom