What's new

India's growth depends on progress of Muslims and other minorities

I am still surprised why this thread is running. :D
@arp2041 Some people just don't change. :enjoy: You were right that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the fact..India as a country has developed much more and is in a far better condition than Pakistan,inspite of being the most diverse nation in the World.dig on that.

Tell that to the slum dwellers & the 5000 children that due everyday in india to poverty

Akash A said:
Indian growth depends on shooting people like Icewolf on first sight i.e. to attain stability

Your frustration is showing

India's growth depends on progress of Muslims, marginalised populations

Published: Sunday, Feb 17, 2013, 10:40 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: ANI

India as a country cannot grow if Muslims and other marginalised populations are left behind, said the Chairman of the Institute of Objective Studies (IOS), Dr Mohammad Manzoor Alam.......

The need for Saudi Arabia to invest in India's education, healthcare, low-cost housing, public transport social and infrastructure sectors was also another area of focus at the conference.

The conference was attended by several foreign delegates, especially from Saudi Arabia. It unfolded various facets of development taking place at the global, regional and national levels.

India's growth depends on progress of Muslims, marginalised populations - India - DNA[url]

this news is less about Muslims and more about using the buzz word "Islam" to get more money from Saudis.

Just my 2 cents ;)

peace

p.s. Indian Muslims cannot sit around waiting for Saudi money. Learn from us. Saudi money will show up for building all those mad-house mudrassahs, the fine wahabi institutions meant to push Muslims into more poverty.

What's this obsession with Indian Muslims. Leave them alone. They are already facing problems due to other Muslims in the world that have created prejudice and paranoia in the world against Muslims.

Ahmadis r not muslims dude

In Islamic Pakistan, Ahmedi are not Muslims. In India Ahmedis are as Muslim as Sunni...

Dude im a Muslim.

for being a Muslim u should have complete eman on the concepts of Islam through Prophet PBUH.
If u dont beileve in the last n end of prophet hood on Muhammad PBUH then u dont satisfy the basic concept of Islam ie Kaliama Tauiba.

La ilaha illallah Muhammad ur Rasool Allah!!!!!!

There is not God but Allah and prophet Muhammad is the last n final Prophet of Allah.

Thats your belief, nothing more. Its not Universal law.

What's this obsession with Indian Muslims. Leave them alone. They are already facing problems due to other Muslims in the world that have created prejudice and paranoia in the world against Muslims.

yaar KRAIT,

I think OP deserves a serious discussion without indulging into the usual Pak-Ind mud-wrestling match.

Don't you think?

Indian muslims are far more safer in India. At least attack like recent at Queta is not hapenning here...

No doubt they are safer.

And to some degree (Muslim minority sects) are much freer in practicing their faith.

but the issue is not just safety.

I see my Bihari relatives living in abject poverty or doing menial jobs. Granted Bihar is part of BIMARU states. But still.

In my mind, most of it is their fault. How come they didn't strive to get schooled like our part of the family in Pakistan did.

I see with all the clashes in Karachi, Biharis have done phenomenally well.

But in India they are still stuck in the same old poverty even after moving to big cities like Bangluru and Mumbai.

But I think some fault also lies with the Indian society in general.

I mean you compare the two populations. muslims in India, in Pak

And you compare the number of doctors, engineers, attorneys, nurses, accountants etc. and the number in India is abysmally low.

This is even with relatively peaceful situation in India and India's meteoric rise in economy.

So there got to be something.

Thank you.

No doubt they are safer.

And to some degree (Muslim minority sects) are much freer in practicing their faith.

I see my Bihari relatives living in abject poverty or doing menial jobs. Granted Bihar is part of BIMARU states. But still.

In my mind, most of it is their fault. How come they didn't strive to get schooled like our part of the family in Pakistan did.

But in India they are still stuck in the same old poverty even after moving to big cities like Bangluru and Mumbai.

And you compare the number of doctors, engineers, attorneys, nurses, accountants etc. and the number in India is abysmally low.

This is even with relatively peaceful situation in India and India's meteoric rise in economy.

Thank you.
This is true for Hindus from that region also. they are rural peasants in these eastern states. Muslims in some states are doing well and education is the key.

yaar KRAIT,
I think OP deserves a serious discussion without indulging into the usual Pak-Ind mud-wrestling match.
Don't you think?
Sir, this doesn't happen. And this concept of giving credit to one groups is not right. Growth depends on economic, educational, and social environment of people.

Its the cohesion between the religious people and tolerance, forgetting the past and moving on and understanding each other's pain is what is the reason of India developing even after we were looted by Britishers, left as a very poor nation, even after hundreds of years of rule and fight among each other on territorial and religious grounds, Indian society has made a system of social bonding.

Sir, its the common Indian's characteristic, both good and bad, behind the progress of nation, and also the problems within the nation.

Giving someone entire credit or entire blame is what we usually avoid. Its a slippery slope. Jews were blamed by Germans for their defeat in WW 1 and the idea that Aryan race are superior and will lead to growth of the nation, so many people agreed for persecution of Jews.

There is a great explanation by Saeed Naqvi on Indian Muslims and other religious people in India, why all these religions co-exist and what builds the social fabric. Another thing is that since childhood, we witness things which don't focus on looking things by religious angle. I never thought too much of religion before this forum.

As a child, we have visited Hindu pilgrimages, Dargahs, Gurudwaras, sometimes with parents, sometimes in youth along with friends. I never noticed it but after looking things on this forum, it reminded all my years and all the instances, where there is no focus on any type of religion.

I studied in a school run by Christians, had Muslim and Sikh friends and we used to pray to God, some English prayer. We are brought up to be tolerant and that's why there are more people who oppose these radicals in all religions, their hate speeches are denounced and they are suppressed to keep their radical views to themselves.

Sir, he has explained why Indian Muslims are poor. He links it with education and lack of education among Muslim women.

Being a Muslim in India - Saeed Naqvi and Salman Rusdie - YouTube

P.S. I don't have no problem with this discussion but I know the intention of the poster who posted it. Also, these type of discussion have to be monitored closely. But I am ready to discuss this.

Tell that to the slum dwellers & the 5000 children that due everyday in india to poverty

Oh no.. I am not saying India is a Utopian state.But then your intention behind opening this thread is perfectly clear.
It is not like you give a damn about Indian slum dwellers or for that matter anything related to India.

You have been so systematically brainwashed that at this point you cannot even think of a single step ahead without painting it in religious colours. India is a secular country and we will keep it that way.Here development is priority ,not ethnic groups.

You save your crocodile's tears for your own country.That may do you some good. The way the talibans are engulfing Pakistan,you may need it sooner or later .You people can't even take of yourself properly and you behave like your heart is bleeding for the people of India. Go take care of your own. What a pathetic looser.

No doubt they are safer.

Thank you.

You need to go through the thread once...

I see what's fundamentally wrong in Pakistan and what's fundamentally right in India from this thread.

We have here a couple of fundoos who seem to be advocating use of religion in Governance and country laws directly impinging on a person's freedom to choose how he wants to live or what he wants to believe in. The state should not have the right to dictate any individual or have the right to tell anyone what they need to believe.

yaar KRAIT,

Don't you think?

Yes enough mud-slinging...

There are few things in India we must understand.
1. State don't promote any religion.
2. State is not responsible for Upliftment of individual, rather individual is responsible for upliftment of state.
3. Ufliftment of individual depends upon these factors.
3 a) Good education: This is primary ingridient of good citizen. The education must be of 21st century, By reading Koran or Vedas one can't achieve success in Indian panaroma.
3 b) Small Family: When inflation is high, rice/wheat is costly, a big family can't get better food.
3 c) Attitude: The attitude rank on top.

Indian Muslims Lack 3a), 3b) and 3c). The Attitude of Indian Muslim is still in 6th century (When Islam was founded). IMs are not willing to cut there family size. IMs are not willing to move to modern education (In My engineering there was just 1 Muslims (Son of a MLA) in 500 engineers, while there were 20+ Dalits (Without reservation) and 60-70% were So called Lower Hindu casts.) ).

The Attitude of IMs are pathetic: Yesteday I was talking to one Muslim (Mutton shop owner Bangalore), I was praising A P J abdul Kalam. Aftr discussion he asked one question "Why should I praise Kalam, wheat has he done for us".... Pathetic Attitude. The more I interact with IMs the more I get into depression...

Back
Top Bottom