What's new

India's First Scorpène-Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine INS Kalvari Rolled Out!

What is that ??
SLBM ??
We have good progress in that field .Brahmos SLCM and K 15 ,k4 SLBM .K4 has 3500 kkm range .Well we dont disclose the exact range ;)

Indigenous developement is always good .But alas we dont have any time to R&D .
But Iran has money and time and your coastline seems smaller than us.So machines can be develops for power projection.
All the best for your new subs and military modernization.A strong Iran is a need of ME.

No ... this is a torpedo !!!

CB5gZACUMAAzjNc.jpg

CB5gY1_UsAAxNTm.jpg

CB5gfrxUgAIW6_n.jpg

CB5gryXUIAI2EIa.jpg

CB5e9jOUAAATQMt.jpg

CB5dKT2UMAAGd4i.jpg

Scorpene at Mazagon Dock when it began years ago.

CBzxXHlUgAA09sX.jpg

CBzxXH5UIAAhJBF.jpg

CBzxXITVIAAMMhs.jpg

Talked to one of my friend. Similar cells of Submarines are under construction at L & T Hazira. Work is going on 24*7. Government supplies material. A team of scientist is supervising the construction. Cells are shipped to Vizag for final assembly.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to attend official floating out of 1st Scorpene submarine - Oneindia

I think we can expect one scorpene submarine for every year starting from now.

There were news that a new scorpene shall launched after first one at an interval of every six month.

OMG It looks really very deadly.

We need the SORYU class for IOR,

Scorpenes are good for Arabian Sea, but like the U209s they are not so good for long missions in Indian Ocean. SORYU class the largest conventional subs in the world will be more useful along with SSNs , to ensure Indian Ocean Remains India's ocean

There were news that a new scorpene shall launched after first one at an interval of every six month.
Actually that bit is confusing me. What i understand is that there are three berths for assembly and the fourth one will take the one vacated by first vessel (Kalvari). Now if the subsequent vessels will be launched in gaps of 6 months, that means the fourth one (assuming the work on its assembly starts immediately), will be launched 18 months from now (sometime in late 2016), essentially they would've completed one new sub in 18 months. This time period looks too small (i may be wrong here and it could be that they have completed the work on modules (the one you have referred to as cells in above post), cutting down some work). but still to assemble all systems, test them and getting all ready in 18 months, looks a very short duration.

We need the SORYU class for IOR,

Scorpenes are good for Arabian Sea, but like the U209s they are not so good for long missions in Indian Ocean. SORYU class the largest conventional subs in the world will be more useful along with SSNs , to ensure Indian Ocean Remains India's ocean
exactly india should gofor first 6 of them completlli build inJapan and rest sixmade in india and should work it owt like both should be made in india and japan simontaineuslli

Today is a big day for you guys so I won't mind embarrass myself.

Its a shitty sub, China need to fear only the Chakra. The scorpenes may be new but they are armed with bullshit for weapons. But these are still a threat to Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom