What's new

India's First indigenous aircraft carrier to be launched this December.

1. Agreed!

2. These pics are the latest that I could find. Taken in October.

IMGA0037.JPG

IMGA0039.JPG

This was the progress report in October.

Outstanding images. Thanks for sharing! :tup: The superstructure is nearing the completion. As Navy chief said it will be ready for launch by mid this year.

Its unofficially confirmed that IAC-2 will be 650000+ ton and most probably nuclear powered.

IAC-2 Nuclear Powered??? Well, If we really have to put it as a Nuclear Powered Aircraft carrier then I say It should be more than 65,000 Tonnes and Should be about 900+ Feet long so that it can carry 20-30 Fixed wing aircrafts apart from 10-15 Helis

Its unofficially confirmed that IAC-2 will be 650000+ ton and most probably nuclear powered.

Well i dont think they will go for a nuclear one untill all test of the rector inside the arihant are completed

IAC-2 Nuclear Powered??? Well, If we really have to put it as a Nuclear Powered Aircraft carrier then I say It should be more than 65,000 Tonnes and Should be about 900+ Feet long so that it can carry 20-30 Fixed wing aircrafts apart from 10-15 Helis

I don't think IN will go for larger vessel than 65000 ton because such size and number of aircrafts it carries as well as number of carriers we have will meet our requirements. Of course IAC-3 may be anything larger but that only after completion of IAC-1.

Our IAC-1 is same size of French Charles de Gaulle and will carry same number of aircrafts ie ~35. So IAC-2 at 65000 ton should be able to carry atleast 50 aircrafts ie 35-40 fighters plus 15-10 choppers.

IAC IN CONSTRUCTION

IMGA0039.JPG

xinsrc_522080523093400072784.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well i dont think they will go for a nuclear one untill all test of the rector inside the arihant are completed

Rector for Arihant completed long ago. It's prototype had undergone 2 years of land based test before operational one fitted into the Arihant. Arihant under going sea trial. Will be inducted into the navy early next year.

I don't think IN will go for larger vessel than 65000 ton because such size and number of aircrafts it carries as well as number of carriers we have will meet our requirements. Of course IAC-3 may be anything larger but that only after completion of IAC-1.

Our IAC-1 will be same size of French Charles de Gaulle and will carry same number of aircrafts ie 35 if not more. So IAC-2 at 65000 ton should be able to carry atleast 50 aircrafts ir 35-40 fighters plus 15-10 choppers.

Hmnn I see... But If its Nuclear Powered, We need to carry more aircrafts to add a Meaning to it... Well Anyways lets see what they come up with

Hmnn I see... But If its Nuclear Powered, We need to carry more aircrafts to add a Meaning to it... Well Anyways lets see what they come up with

Yeah, we will get confirmed news with in months as they start the construction. Though some news reports mentioned about nuclear powered one I still have some doubts if IN will go for it due to huge building costs, operational, maintainability and logistical costs etc. Lets wait.

Yeah, we will get confirmed news with in months as they start the construction. Though some news reports mentioned about nuclear powered one I still have some doubts if IN will go for it due to huge building costs, operational, maintainability and logistical costs etc. Lets wait.

but it will be safe bet, they will think twice even attacking a nuke powered A/C.

and thats where the future is , oil reserve and blah blah who knows what happens in next 40 years.

What is the name of this Indigenous Aircraft Carrier?

I thought 4 carriers are planned?

Off course the navy wants 5 carriers ie Gorkshov + 4 Indegenous ones , But it is not the navy which makes the decision , but the govt , which has only given permission for 3 carriers by 2022 ie Gorky+ IAC1 AND IAC2

I dont think it will be a nuclear powered ship..Too much work needed..
However i would like it to have Catapult ( Steam or, Electronic doesn't matter )..

but it will be safe bet, they will think twice even attacking a nuke powered A/C.

and thats where the future is , oil reserve and blah blah who knows what happens in next 40 years.

Can you throw some more light on the bold part???

Back
Top Bottom