What's new

India's Economic Recovery In Sight : Moody's

Good for you .. if this is true.

But have been able to absorb american values ?

And I see, you show no desire for self-introspection .. the way you are evading the fact that you always have have a difficulty comprehending what India is ... It's not that India or the world changes just that you have a problem .. it only stops your learning until you accept that you may be restricted in certain abilities due to sheer luck or a divine hand.

As I said before, acceptance of the limitations of your abilities will help you enjoy what God did give you ... people can be happy and live fully, even those who are blind by birth.

Being blind by birth isn't a crime ... but being hackneyed that all the world is Black just because you are blind, is utter stupidity .. and also a crime against yourself.

May Jesus bless you .. amen !

Avoiding the obvious fact and live in delusion that India was not created by British is the worst of all deviation from facts. You spew out lots of junk that tries to hide facts and hopefully, someone don't notice. But lets stick with the facts. Amen.

You forgot to add ROC(become a democracy in early 1990's, Singapore(never), HK(never) to the list.

You might want to look again, all the success stories of Asian countries(Japan, South Korea, Singapore, ROC, HK) all happened under authoritirian type of government, and most of those stories ended when they became democracies.

But India is special. Its trying to create a post industrial civilization by creating the call centers and skip industrialization.

But India is special. Its trying to create a post industrial civilization by creating the call centers and skip industrialization.

You are still giving examples which clearly demonstrate blindness .. and your ignorance of the fact.

Why don't you accept that you won't ever by able to comprehend what India is ...

I don't think it is good manners that all the normal people in a room, laugh at one blind person.

But please don't include me in such people.

I want to genuinely help you ... yes I can't explain or help you to understand what India is ... because of your obvious problems.

But I can hold your hand and take you to a bed where you can relax and ponder.

Always remember .. help is available to you, if you just ask.

I am sure this made a lot of our neighbours sleepless :lol:

You can see this by how these Chini boys are crying here.

th

:disagree:

If the majority of Indians think like you do, I fear India has no hope !

Thank god, we don't have 'hopes' like you. We already saw your 'hopes' in 1997, when 'Asian Tigers' turned into 'Sheeps'. 'Panda' is following the same route, even China is more vulnerable due to Its hegmonic policies in the region!!!!!

US & European markets showing signs of recovery in this Q3 of 2013 and whenever they reached at the point of sustainable economies again in next 5-10 years, bad time for China will start. 'Hope' is the only thing you have, but I don't think Its going to save China till It has hegmonic policies in the region. China is bound to loose high potential, under developed and future market of Africa to West & India.

Avoiding the obvious fact and live in delusion that India was not created by British is the worst of all deviation from facts. You spew out lots of junk that tries to hide facts and hopefully, someone don't notice. But lets stick with the facts. Amen.

You are wrong, India is investing 100s of billion dollars to develope Its Industrial/Manufacturing sector with the technological support of EU (specially Germany & France) & US. Example is under development Delhi-Mumbai & Mumbai-Banglore-Chennai-Hyderabad Industrial corridors. Delhi-Kolkata corridor is also started to take shape. You will see the results in less than a decade. That is what called a game changer and It is going to hurt China the most.

You need to accept that India was created by Britain and put together along the British rail lines. The government emulate the British and the language is the English. Even the most popular sport of cricket is the British sport.

Whatever make you sleep tight!!! But current reallty is, India is a united country that took shape much before (BC) the christ. You and your stooges tried hard to broke India in last 60 years, when India was weak. Now India is strong enough to break the neck of any aggressor.

if all you can do is make personal attacks against me because you are against China

I am always amazed at the incredible stupidity that this person is capable of demonstrating.

Always more than the last time!

I respect China as a country and as a fellow ancient civilization. I respect Chinese people and am happy at their coming out of extreme poverty recently.

Is it me who jumps on every thread about China and advises them to go back behind the inner walls or to sport Q hairstyle again under Manchus or to die at the hands of Mongols?

Or is it inadequate zombies like you who feels compelled to defecate and stink on every thread about India?

than I feel sad for you.

The only person you have to feel sorry for is yourself and your pathetic upbringing that left you so much an inadequate and hate filled zealous being.

I'm not even from China

I will go by the one China policy in your case. A policy that most of the world follows. ;)

Anyway, that makes you pretty much an orphan and a pariah.

That is the problem with too clever by half zombies like you. You are too clever for your own good.

A typical high IQ zombi.

and you have trouble digest that other people such as me want to share truth with you about your country.

This superior air from an ignorant zombi like you only invites contempt.

There must be a Chinese proverb about unsolicited advice inviting contempt and insult. There is one for every occasion!

Heed it and stop making a fool of yourself and inviting contempt for yourself, your race and your country in return.

Contempt from people who otherwise have nothing against either of these.

I know inadequate people like you would want us to insult your race and your country rather than individual zombies like yourself. I am trying to resist that and retort to the inadequate zombies involved.

The fact is that India will forever be stuck in the current state unless something drastic changes such as India revert back to the political borders before British conquest.

You know what this gives you in return. Just stop it if you have any friggin self respect left!

And I know the reason for your loyalty to the Brits. The force fed opium has still not left you. ;)

So?

Making millions of people making happy meal toys and wiping glasses with n-Hexane is necessary for some reason?

You might want to look again, all the success stories of Asian countries(Japan, South Korea, Singapore, ROC, HK) all happened under authoritirian type of government, and most of those stories ended when they became democracies.

China was a dictatorship under Mao.

North Korea is a dictatorship.

A dictatorship is no guarantee of economic success just as democracy is not.

Quoting fake figures are useful in cheating people but not bringing up the leaving standard of people.

We do not do this to inflate our GDP.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...flated-china-s-gdp-900-billion-last-year.html

First of all China's reported GDP numbers doesn't come from the local governments but rather from the national Bureau of Statistics (NBS) who collect their own data. Your claim that India doesn't inflate economic data is for me a very dubious claim indeed. Because we have been hearing a lot of inflated views from Indians both from politicians, industrial leaders as average citizens a like. Who has gone on and on how India will overtake China's growth or how India will be able to sustain growth 8 or 9% and even double digits for the coming decades. We hear a lot of these stories that India's recovery is just around the corner or that India is about to replace China as the world's manufacturer etc. etc. but so far none of those things have materialized. Its all good and well that average citizens are saying these sort of things on forums like this, but the fact that politicians and industrial leaders are saying that as well is disturbing because that shows you how out of touch the people who are running India are and how even they misunderstand China. And its not just Congress !

Can anyone here explain the huge discrepancy between these views and what the reality is here ?

The problem is that there are no serious economic reforms been made in India so far and that all the positive news comes from the fact that the tapering in the US has failed to materialize and the new measures brought in by the new RBI chief. India's crackdown on gold import has only created pent up demand and are inflating gold prices domestically. No structual reform means that India's economy is still heavily unbalanced and will face a major crisis in the future. And we will very unlikely see higher growth rate than the 5% to 5,5% in the near future.

So that begs the question. What changed?

China initiated major economic reforms in 1978 while India did so in 1991. India always had private firms while China outlawed them when the CCP came into power in 1949 so the Indians had an advantage over China till 1978

Single-ethnic China grew at 10% a year from 1978 while multi-ethnic India managed 6-7% a year.

Same goes for North Korea and South Korea, East and West Germany.

You cannot use communist countries as examples of economically failed single-ethnic states.

India has made tremendous progress over the last three decades.

I agree that India has done ok over the last 3 decades. It has grown more than 6% a year average in the last 30 years.

My point is that a single-ethnic India would have almost certainly done much better

Well, no doubt that India has a long way to go and Sri lanka is doing better. They are a much smaller country.

BD has almost half of India's GDP per capita and is behind in HDI as well. We wish it well.

BD GDP/capita is now over 1000 dollars. Remember a lot of the institutions like the IMF are still using the 1995 base year to calculate BD GDP/capita while the government has now re-based to the 2005 base year like India uses.

India is at 1400 dollars according to the IMF.

BD is now at around 70% of Indian GDP/capita.

If we trust the IMF, BD will grow substantially quicker than India this year and still growing little quicker for the next four years. The GDP/capita gap will only close over time.

Again, India had a massive advantage as it had an extra 24 years to develop their economy. BD economy was thoroughly looted by Pakistan in the 1947-1971 era, hence one of the major reasons for the split.

One wonders where BD will be economically if it gained independence in 1947 like India and Pakistan.

China initiated major economic reforms in 1978 while India did so in 1991. India always had private firms while China outlawed them when the CCP came into power in 1949 so the Indians had an advantage over China till 1978

India had shackled itself before 1991 so any advantages were frittered away.

Single-ethnic China grew at 10% a year from 1978 while multi-ethnic India managed 6-7% a year.

China has 56 ethnicity.

Many single ethnic countries are not growing. It is too simplistic to reduce it to ethnicity (or dictatorship) as many people here are doing.

China had a massive advantage of Taiwan and Hong Kong that helped in their faster growth.

You cannot use communist countries as examples of economically failed single-ethnic states.

Why not? It proves the same point.

I agree that India has done ok over the last 3 decades. It has grown more than 6% a year average in the last 30 years.

The growth went from 2.5% to 6% in the 90s and to 8%-9% in the 2000s.

My point is that a single-ethnic India would have almost certainly done much better

It is a hypothesis and I don't agree. Different states within India are growing at different rates. It depends on the kind of governance and environments within those states.

BD GDP/capita is now over 1000 dollars. Remember a lot of the institutions like the IMF are still using the 1995 base year to calculate BD GDP/capita while the government has now re-based to the 2005 base year like India uses.

India is at 1400 dollars according to the IMF.

BD is now at around 70% of Indian GDP/capita.

If we trust the IMF, BD will grow substantially quicker than India this year and still growing little quicker for the next four years. The GDP/capita gap will only close over time.

Again, India had a massive advantage as it had an extra 24 years to develop their economy. BD economy was thoroughly looted by Pakistan in the 1947-1971 era, hence one of the major reasons for the split.

One wonders where BD will be economically if it gained independence in 1947 like India and Pakistan.

I am going by the latest figures available on the net for 2012.

Anyway if the reality is better, I am glad for BD.

China has 56 ethnicity.

With one dominant Han ethnicty that LEADS all others. Like BD has a dominant Bengali ethnicity that LEADs the country.

Let me give you one example of how BD works in comparison to India.

BD is desperately short of power and so has signed an agreement with Russia to construct a nuclear power plant of 2GW with Russia. BD current total generation is only 6GW so when the first of the two reactors come online by 2018, it will account for around 10% of total generation at that time!

In India, the government would have to construct 10 times the amount of power stations to get the same effect. It is not a simple case of just selecting different sites and building the plants, as the central government will have to sit down and negotiate with the 10 different states to get this done. You can just imagine what delays this will lead to.

China had a massive advantage of Taiwan and Hong Kong that helped in their faster growth.

This is true but India should also be growing at 10% a year now as it is getting major investments from Japan and Western countries. Japan even has a strategic policy to strengthen India to counter Chinese power in Asia.

The question must be why cannot India carry out major economic reforms to increase growth?

Why not? It proves the same point.

It does not as communism is proven to fail economically. China grew much quicker after it embraced capitalism and so did the countries of Eastern Europe.

The growth went from 2.5% to 6% in the 90s and to 8%-9% in the 2000s.

Actually it was around 7% a year for the whole decade of the 2000s on average.

But I can congratulate India as that was a good performance and BD is hoping to match that this decade.

I am going by the latest figures available on the net for 2012.

Anyway if the reality is better, I am glad for BD.

Some figures on the Internet still have BD at 700 dollars GDP/capita!

Glad that you are now aware of BD's economic progress.

BD has used garments to grow as that is something that is easy to get into without an industrial base.

But BD has a lot of industries that people are not aware about.

Shipbuilding, garments, pharmaceuticals and electronics are some of the major ones. While the main part of production is currently for the home market, exports have already started and hopefully this will grow in the future like the garments industry has done.

With one dominant Han ethnicty that LEADS all others. Like BD has a dominant Bengali ethnicity that LEADs the country.

Let me give you one example of how BD works in comparison to India.

BD is desperately short of power and so has signed an agreement with Russia to construct a nuclear power plant of 2GW with Russia. BD current total generation is only 6GW so when the first of the two reactors come online by 2018, it will account for around 10% of total generation at that time!

In India, the government would have to construct 10 times the amount of power stations to get the same effect. It is not a simple case of just selecting different sites and building the plants, as the central government will have to sit down and negotiate with the 10 different states to get this done. You can just imagine what delays this will lead to.

This is true but India should also be growing at 10% a year now as it is getting major investments from Japan and Western countries. Japan even has a strategic policy to strengthen India to counter Chinese power in Asia.

The question must be why cannot India carry out major economic reforms to increase growth?

It does not as communism is proven to fail economically. China grew much quicker after it embraced capitalism and so did the countries of Eastern Europe.

Actually it was around 7% a year for the whole decade of the 2000s on average.

But I can congratulate India as that was a good performance and BD is hoping to match that this decade.

Some figures on the Internet still have BD at 700 dollars GDP/capita!

Glad that you are now aware of BD's economic progress.

BD has used garments to grow as that is something that is easy to get into without an industrial base.

But BD has a lot of industries that people are not aware about.

Shipbuilding, garments, pharmaceuticals and electronics are some of the major ones. While the main part of production is currently for the home market, exports have already started and hopefully this will grow in the future like the garments industry has done.

India has carried out major reforms in the past. The momentum has been uneven depending on the government in power but it is wrong to say that India can't carry out major reforms.

The states have a lot of leeway to decide their economic policies. Some of the most backward states are now growing the fastest after getting better governance.

Anyway, I think we can agree to disagree now.

First of all China's reported GDP numbers doesn't come from the local governments but rather from the national Bureau of Statistics (NBS) who collect their own data. Your claim that India doesn't inflate economic data is for me a very dubious claim indeed. Because we have been hearing a lot of inflated views from Indians both from politicians, industrial leaders as average citizens a like. Who has gone on and on how India will overtake China's growth or how India will be able to sustain growth 8 or 9% and even double digits for the coming decades. We hear a lot of these stories that India's recovery is just around the corner or that India is about to replace China as the world's manufacturer etc. etc. but so far none of those things have materialized. Its all good and well that average citizens are saying these sort of things on forums like this, but the fact that politicians and industrial leaders are saying that as well is disturbing because that shows you how out of touch the people who are running India are and how even they misunderstand China. And its not just Congress !

Can anyone here explain the huge discrepancy between these views and what the reality is here ?

The problem is that there are no serious economic reforms been made in India so far and that all the positive news comes from the fact that the tapering in the US has failed to materialize and the new measures brought in by the new RBI chief. India's crackdown on gold import has only created pent up demand and are inflating gold prices domestically. No structual reform means that India's economy is still heavily unbalanced and will face a major crisis in the future. And we will very unlikely see higher growth rate than the 5% to 5,5% in the near future.

Those figures have not come from India nor it is a discovery of any Indian economist.

Indian reform discussion is very long. We can not develop like China by taking over the land of farmer at throw away price and forcing the people to work in inhuman condition for very low remuneration.

Those figures have not come from India nor it is a discovery of any Indian economist.

Indian reform discussion is very long. We can not develop like China by taking over the land of farmer at throw away price and forcing the people to work in inhuman condition for very low remuneration.

Really ? India doesn't force people off of their land ?

India: Villagers Facing Mass Land Confiscation

India doesn't have people working under inhumane conditions ? In a latest report on global slavery its noted that India has 14 million people working in slavery and China only has 2,9 million people working in slavery. So India has nearly 5 times more people working in slavery than China.

India, China, Pakistan, Nigeria on slavery's list of shame - CNN.com

Its truly pathetic that despite all the claims of India being a democracy people know sooo little of what is happening in their own country.

Back
Top Bottom