What's new

India's Arjun tank

Do you have anything sensible to say at all??

The Arjun tank does it have any export models or is any country currently interested in the Arjun tank technology. What is currently the status and how many tanks are to be produced for the Indian Army and what tanks will Arjun replace.

That whole lot is export model !

Are you intrested in one interceptor? You can display in your town centre.

The Arjun tank does it have any export models or is any country currently interested in the Arjun tank technology. What is currently the status and how many tanks are to be produced for the Indian Army and what tanks will Arjun replace.

According to a news. Supposedly 140 of them are to be built. 13 of them (prototypes) are having trials and testings (they too have problems which need to be fixed) and will be handed to a unit near Kashmir.

According to a news. Supposedly 140 of them are to be built. 13 of them (prototypes) are having trials and testings (they too have problems which need to be fixed) and will be handed to a unit near Kashmir.

Which news is that webby? I understand that there are still problems to be resolved with the 15 prototypes. I think talk of production is still premature. Even the general (who was quoted in an article which Malay posted) stated there were still problems with it.

I dont think people would like that tank they will stone the tank to death.

No jokes please. People will take it as a flame bait.

Which news is that webby? I understand that there are still problems to be resolved with the 15 prototypes. I think talk of production is still premature. Even the general (who was quoted in an article which Malay posted) stated there were still problems with it.

It was an article. Let me check. I will edit this post soon.

None for export. It's in pilot induction with the Indian Army now. If there is any reason it may not be mass inducted it will be not because of problems (T-90s have them too), it will be because the Indian Army's armored corp would have to modofy/ re-think their entire fighting doctrine ( used to the T series tanks) rather than a NATO/L2 tank.

It is supposed to replace aging T-72s etc.

None for export. It's in pilot induction with the Indian Army now. If there is any reason it may not be mass inducted it will be not because of problems (T-90s have them too), it will be because the Indian Army's armored corp would have to modofy/ re-think their entire fighting doctrine ( used to the T series tanks) rather than a NATO/L2 tank.

It is supposed to replace aging T-72s etc.

If the T-72's are being replaced then why are they being upgraded then? This is the point........If the Arjun is going to be inducted (beyond the possible 100 plus tanks slated) then why buy the T-90 AND upgrade the T-72? The T-90's order will equal the number of tanks being retired......

If the T-72's are being replaced then why are they being upgraded then? This is the point........If the Arjun is going to be inducted (beyond the possible 100 plus tanks slated) then why buy the T-90 AND upgrade the T-72? The T-90's order will equal the number of tanks being retired......

The Armored corps is obviously hedging their bets. Given DRDO's reputation I don't blame them. If DRDO comes through, fine - if not they still have their good old T series!!!

Interestingly that is what the Air Force and Navy is doing, if you notice!!

Back
Top Bottom