What's new

Indians, please check my travel Plan

I mentioned Jim Corbett. Try Sundarbans also or Sariska.
yes, but I need to do my homework about their location and accessability. I prefer the ones in the south of india.

yes, but I need to do my homework about their location and accessability. I prefer the ones in the south of india.

If you are really interested, will connect you with a friend of mine who takes people into the jungles for safaris and helps in photographing animals, specifically tigers. But, it also depends on what time of the year you plan on visiting. Accordingly, the relevant parks can be checked.

The reality is South Asia is heavily populated. Which means that there is always deforestation, and human encroachment into forests. Virgin, untouched, ancient forests are almost dead.
India's hidden secret - it's best forests are actually in Arunachal Pradesh. Dibang and Mouling national parks are some of India's best. But from your flag, it looks like you are from China, so forget getting any visa to visit Arunachal Pradesh.

is latin america too pricey for budget traveller / backpacker?

In my opinion, Latin America in general is not backpacker friendly...
Mainly because of the language barrier...unless you're fluent in Spanish (which is a degree away from Portuguese so you can use in Brazil as well)
Its not terribly expensive, but its not cheap to travel there either, esp getting there...

Next it depends on what you wanna do...
Say for instance, if you would like to travel/trek up to Machu Pichu, its a hot destination...is costly because you can't do it by yourself, hence need to go through a pre-planned travel package which gets heavy..
On the other hand, if you are brave and can deal with adversity, Latin America has some of the best gems for travel anywhere..but requires immense planning..you can't just play it by ear..
I myself have contemplated a "Motorcycle Diaries" ish trip, but not sure if its realistic for me...

Personally, I have not backpacked in Latin America...I went the blow your cash and "sell your chaddis" route when I visited down there...which to me is safer and equally fun!

If you are really interested, will connect you with a friend of mine who takes people into the jungles for safaris and helps in photographing animals, specifically tigers. But, it also depends on what time of the year you plan on visiting. Accordingly, the relevant parks can be checked.
that would be great, can you share me with the informaiton of the location of the jungles you mentioned? my visiting time maybe be next feburary.

Mainly because of the language barrier...unless you're fluent in Spanish (which is a degree away from Portuguese so you can use in Brazil as well)
Its not terribly expensive, but its not cheap to travel there either, esp getting there...

Say for instance, if you would like to travel/trek up to Machu Pichu, its a hot destination...is costly because you can't do it by yourself, hence need to go through a pre-planned travel package which gets heavy..
On the other hand, if you are brave and can deal with adversity, Latin America has some of the best gems for travel anywhere..but requires immense planning..you can't just play it by ear..
I myself have contemplated a "Motorcycle Diaries" ish trip, but not sure if its realistic for me...

Personally, I have not backpacked in Latin America...I went the blow your cash and "sell your chaddis" route when I visited down there...which to me is safer and equally fun!
How safe is it? Especially, if you have visited Central America. My aim in the next few years is to drive the Pan-American Highway from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuaia, but people mostly tell that Honduras, El Salvador etc are better avoided.

Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai are good places for you to settle.

what the reason you join today to discuss travel plan in defense related forum ? however welcome to PDF @Bengal.Tiger I hope you will enjoy the forum and your Travel to India .

The reality is South Asia is heavily populated. Which means that there is always deforestation, and human encroachment into forests. Virgin, untouched, ancient forests are almost dead.
India's hidden secret - it's best forests are actually in Arunachal Pradesh. Dibang and Mouling national parks are some of India's best. But from your flag, it looks like you are from China, so forget getting any visa to visit Arunachal Pradesh.
you are right, but in my opinion south india represent the true india, besides, I am a fan for tropicial area rather than snow mountains. so I really enjoyed kerela during my last visit, and hope to go back again.

are you saying apart from flight to there, everything else is reasonably cheap? I want to backpack, to be able to stay long there(like 3 months).. is jan/feb a good time to visit?

what the reason you join today to discuss travel plan in defense related forum ? however welcome to PDF @Bengal.Tiger I hope you will enjoy the forum and your Travel to India .
probably a lurker but needed help in travelling, so joined. :)
@BDforever any help because you have travelled too.

you are right, but in my opinion south india represent the true india, besides, I am a fan for tropicial area rather than snow mountains. so I really enjoyed kerela during my last visit, and hope to go back again.
Then try these ones for wildlife:
  • Bannerghata National Park
  • Kanha National Park
  • Sundarbans National Park
  • Simlipal National Park
  • Indravati National park
These are all in South and Central India, and have outstanding wildlife. Except for Bannerghata, none are very touristy too. However, there is a flip side. The less touristy is a national park, the more prone to Maoist insurgency they will all be.

How safe is it? Especially, if you have visited Central America. My aim in the next few years is to drive the Pan-American Highway from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuaia, but people mostly tell that Honduras, El Salvador etc are better avoided.

I would agree with that assessment...
Like with any developing nation, there is poverty and crime when you go deep into Latin America (read avoid big cities).

I went there earlier this year for the World Cup...a place like Rio was super safe during that period mainly because of the heightened security..normally even Rio can get dangerous depending on the part of the city for travellers.

So yes, it can get dangerous..I would be careful or at least travel with locals who know their way around

Back
Top Bottom